digital hanky panky phase 2

DB.Cooper

that's why no one gets written up...the bigger issue, id argue, is the continual harassment...my position remains to charge and file an 8127 everytime they interupt me working or keep me after dispatch to clear answer questions etc.....
When they start asking peeps about all of this scanner generated BS... backing, u-turns, etc., etc... then NONE of this was covered as a time allowance at the last mail count... so, shouldn't they be timing and paying us 8127 time for ALL of this??? :unsure:

DB.Cooper

This is one of the things I keep wondering about RRECS. They aren’t asking us any feedback. So... how do they know who is casing dps or carrying it to street?

I picture them seeing the travel time based on us casing everything, saying that is the time it takes to deliver, ultimately what we get paid on route. Then management comes back and says take it all to the street and get back in the same amount of time.

RRECS will reduce our street time and then they’ll force us out the door ASAP with whatever means possible.
This is what the USPS does with EVERYTHING... they look at it, and figure out how they can, twist, bend, or shape it to work to their advantage... RRECS will be the same damned thing... before it's implemented, it'll be a royal screw job on us... 😲

Haychica

This is one of the things I keep wondering about RRECS. They aren’t asking us any feedback. So... how do they know who is casing dps or carrying it to street?

I picture them seeing the travel time based on us casing everything, saying that is the time it takes to deliver, ultimately what we get paid on route. Then management comes back and says take it all to the street and get back in the same amount of time.

RRECS will reduce our street time and then they’ll force us out the door ASAP with whatever means possible.
And that is why I tell them its a SAFETY issue...safety is NOT a time standard..
And for 15 years this has been a win for me...as long as you make your time they have no leg to stand on....

Haychica

Sorting mail on the street distracts the carrier from securing AND maintaining a safe working perimeter around the vehicle.period.
This specific distraction doesn't currently exist because we perform the function in the office...DUH...
Can they do their job SAFER and more efficiently if they put their desk and computer on the side of the road?...smh...this is and ALWAYS will be, imho, a SAFETY issue.

PastOThirty

And because one Eddm/box holder takes an extra 40 minutes, a second box holder should take the same, when experience says a second box holder adds 60 minutes as a second (or third bundle to the side). That is my expectation as to how things will both be distorted and how they expect business to proceed (yet even more on discount ad revenue like Eddm).

Wilco183

This is what the USPS does with EVERYTHING... they look at it, and figure out how they can, twist, bend, or shape it to work to their advantage... RRECS will be the same damned thing... before it's implemented, it'll be a royal screw

Just read a GAO report from 1985, where they were whinning about rural routes only working 94% of evalution and that time standards needed changing. WTH and NS! You can't go over evaluation, and 30 minutes (3.75 @ hr) undertime is reasonable considering incentive and a diligent carrier's natural ability to find both purposeful and subconscious efficiencies via repetition. This report and the same argument perpetuated by the PO is whatever one word means both stupid and dishonest.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see the Post Office not leveraging carrier created efficiencies using scanner data under the guise of an impartial "Engineer Study" for their benefit...our expense.

DB.Cooper

Yeah, this whole "engineer study" was just an excuse to usher in the nanny spy scammers to look over our shoulders... if it were really some sort of new pay system, we'd have already had it by now... instead, they're just figuring out more and more ways to use it to hassle and harass us with it... plus, apparently they some how see it as justification for their worthless existence... which, I disagree with... to me the spying has made them more than just useless, they're now even more of a hindrance and distraction to getting the job done... going back to being just useless would be an improvement, imo... :unsure:

Wilco183

Yeah, this whole "engineer study" was just an excuse to usher in the nanny spy scammers to look over our shoulders... if it were really some sort of new pay system, we'd have already had it by now... instead, they're just figuring out more and more ways to use it to hassle and harass us with it... plus, apparently they some how see it as justification for their worthless existence... which, I disagree with... to me the spying has made them more than just useless, they're now even more of a hindrance and distraction to getting the job done... going back to being just useless would be an improvement, imo... :unsure:
Hehe. Yep, next, they will be getting deployable ipads with app/5g and mileage to tool around making on the spot corrections. What we higher really needs is ankle bands to track local management and electro buzzers on their rears for good measure.

charlie

Can anybody explain this for me.....usps can't get out of it's F***** way when trying to get the mail to us properly so we can do our jobs efficiently...Yet it can spend gobs of money just to F*** with us?... Most morons would see that the best thing to do would be to help and improve what we do to make it better.... But we are not dealing with most morons...We are dealing with USPS management...

RFD

Would be nice to know what phase 2 is, as well as 3,4, and 5.
Phase 2 is when they try and make sure that the scanner information can be put into the new RRECS computer system and actually give an accurate evaluation. At least that's what I remember it to be. None of it matters now because it will take years to map all 78000 + rural routes, regardless of what the union conferences told members. I know because I have been mapped and that is exactly what the postmaster that certified my route told me.

btdtret

charlie et al -- "usps can't get out of it's F***** way when trying to get the mail to us properly so we can do our jobs efficiently."

-- The USPS should have no problem getting out of its own way. They closed nearly half the plants. Never did see anything in print what happened to all those postal workers. And the USPS did away with one tour at ( some or all ) of the remaining plants so there should be plenty of room -- unless the room at the plants is filled with mail they have not been able to run in a timely manner. Seem to recall a report that mentioned a lot of flats were being run on the old machines the FSS machines were to replace. Not only that but the FSS were not being run as many hours as forecast. So if the FSS are not running, no need for operators, etc. The number of magazines in print is getting less each year. ESPN's big magazine ends in September.

-- No one seems to get fired for operational failures in the USPS -- at least not publicly.

-- Probably why one never reads of top private businesses "raiding" the USPS for its executive personnel.

Rt2mailman

If the USPS really wants to "inflict" their "No backing rule", with scanner observation, (which does NOT exist) they would remove the ability to place the LLV'S in reverse. The real "rule" is "Back with caution" . If you are backing on the side of the hiway, that is not cautious driving, or backing around a corner, or out onto a busy street, etc. When any carrier is questioned about a USPS "rule" they should ask to see that "rule" in writting.

RDruckus

Our city carriers get the old ones from the more esteemed offices in our district
When they get a fresh hand me down, we get their old ones. Mine is more than 33 years old.
In my state it qualifies as an antique.

(When I got rear ended in treacherous snowy conditions by a woman eating spaghetti, the
State trooper asked if my air bag deployed. He was astounded when I told him there were no
airbags.)

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

Our city carriers get the old ones from the more esteemed offices in our district
When they get a fresh hand me down, we get there old ones. Mine is more than 33 years old.
In my state it qualifies as an antique.

(When I got rear ended in treacherous snowy conditions by a woman eating spaghetti, the
State trooper asked if my air bag deployed. He was astounded when I told him there were no
airbags.)
Backing causes the airbags to cease to exist in the LLVs... also makes the AC quit working...
And so, that's why backing is so dangerous... 🙄

I'd need some help finding this one. I seem to recall, and maybe I'm wrong, there was a story, maybe on postal times. It was about suspending service on a dead end street. There was no place to turn around and service was stopped. Customer went bat shit crazy. Service was resumed and a spokesperson said backing up the 200 feet??? was safe and acceptable.

It would be an interesting rebuttal to the 50' argument.

Haven't had a chance to search for the article yet.
I'm following your post DS re : the article.

Just yesterday during our service talk, the 50' was changed to 10'.
I went 😳
This is Rural, they have skinny, single-lane, more-than-10' driveways leading to a locked gate, and definitely no place to turn around.
I would be backing up or the customers won't get their packages.

The Sup said, "I would say you leave 3849."
I told the Sups - you will be flooded with calls from irate customers ! 😉

DB.Cooper

I would have said, I backed up more than 10' MANY times during the past route inspection, and nothing was mentioned at the time, nor since...

They can't make up their minds... 1st they say deliver all parcels as customers don't like to have to come to PO to get them... then they're saying leave a notice... they need to make up their mind, and stick with it...

johnwayne

im almost waiting for the day they analyze my driving habits. they use these programs for fleet truck drivers. The ones that abuse their trucks or drive unsafely get fired. The post office doesnt care what you do to your personal vehicle. So they will only try to get you on safety concerns. So someday i might actually get fired for not completely stopping at a stop sign...