Digitization

Rt2mailman

What you talking about m willis???
"There is something wrong if you are not working most days under your evaluated time unless you drive an LLV which cuts your time standards even more".
I think we must not work for the same company. Everyone but a lucky few in my area are working well over their evaluation. I don't claim RRECS to be the best possible for us, but it has to be better than our current system.
The 6 weeks for the miles compared to the 4003's is that long in order to allow for deviations, construction, customers on hold, (that you may not be driving up to their area until their 4 week max hold time is over). It also allows managers to get their carriers to drive the correct line of travel , before the test is over, and actual miles of the line of travel be entered in the data.

btdtret

DB.Cooper et al -- " the new MDD scanners, the collection of GPS “breadcrumb” data, the flow of essential data into cloud storage, and the completion of detailed industrial engineering studies of rural carrier work activities. "

-- Unfortunately anything that has a 4-year old computer inside is woefully outdated, and no doubt clogged and slowed by superfluous old software.

"Eventually a decision to explore the new approach was supported by both the USPS and the NRLCA..."

-- Great!! Another "Task Force" to join likes of the "MOU #23 Mail Count Task Force" and the "MOU #24 Seasonal Route Task Force". Anyone see or hear of any recommendations / suggestion from those task forces formed by the 2015 contract?

-- Remember, DB -- no running with scissors!

DB.Cooper

Yes, while it was somewhat of an interesting read... we must keep in mind that the now expired 2015-2018 contract had not even been signed back when that article was written (09/2015)... and the implementation of RRECS was only 4 MONTHS late then, as opposed to 4 YEARS now... 😳

gerl2

These scanners are old compared to the advanced technology we have today, all it takes is a good software programmer(not a light duty we need to find them a job programmer) to get this on track. I also believe this 6 weeks they will be looking at the patterns of delivery to see EX: if you have 5 routes and they can redesign all boxes to be placed on one side of the street and eliminate one route they call this efficiency. They have done this to city carriers many times. If you are in a larger office be prepared for route changes.

mwellis32

RREECS is not the MIRACLE we have been waiting on! When is the last time any new method or process that has been introduced improved time or pay? RREECS is just a new method with it's on time standard busting calculations to conform you to the idea this method must be the right and justified above all any other ways to put a price tag on your work. Think people, who are the ones running this show? And this new program is going to save us all? Name one program or new method that has worked well? Has DPS improved your pay? Driving a LLV improved your pay? More parcels improved your pay? More scanning improved your pay? Going to more doors gonna improve your pay? More repeated SAFETY talks improving anything? More, More, more and more duties, responsibilities improving your pay? Come on MAN!

mwellis32

All RRECS hopefully does is put you at a place and time you scan a bar code. Big deal. So how and who is measuring the time it takes you to go to the door or put it in a box when you've already got a time standard for these task? RRECS will have it's on set of new time standards! Whats the point of conforming every different one of us to the same standard when there are so many variables? Let me know how this benefits you when and if they get this new method of complicated measuring every task converted to time and pay down correctly? This will be the miracle! STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID!

Last edited:

mwellis32

What you talking about m willis???
"There is something wrong if you are not working most days under your evaluated time unless you drive an LLV which cuts your time standards even more".
I think we must not work for the same company. Everyone but a lucky few in my area are working well over their evaluation. I don't claim RRECS to be the best possible for us, but it has to be better than our current system.
The 6 weeks for the miles compared to the 4003's is that long in order to allow for deviations, construction, customers on hold, (that you may not be driving up to their area until their 4 week max hold time is over). It also allows managers to get their carriers to drive the correct line of travel , before the test is over, and actual miles of the line of travel be entered in the data.
All the carriers at our non-LLV office, except one L route usually come under evaluated everyday. So if you have a lot of carriers going over evaluated it must have been the method or person who counted your mail that short changed a lot of you carriers. Just because there is a method of counting mail, there are a lot of ways it can get screwed up! I guess it helps when your PM is out of town and lets a clerk count your mail!

stillfirstclass

All the carriers at our non-LLV office, except one L route usually come under evaluated everyday. So if you have a lot of carriers going over evaluated it must have been the method or person who counted your mail that short changed a lot of you carriers. Just because there is a method of counting mail, there are a lot of ways it can get screwed up! I guess it helps when your PM is out of town and lets a clerk count your mail!
flats not parcels comes to mind

btdtret

mwellis32 et al -- "Name one program or new method that has worked well? "

-- I'd say "Load Leveling" would qualify -- in the short time is was actually used before being ignored or discarded.

-- Most likely the program resulted in flats piling up at the plant and plant manglement didn't want to be caught with mail just sitting around, waiting to be processed and distributed. Too hard ( difficult ) to explain to even higher-ups on the food chain.

"RREECS is not the MIRACLE we have been waiting on!"

-- No, Mericle is the NRLCA representative on the 3-person panel which came up with RRECS.

Interesting info from 2014 Load Leveling testing at the South Jersey P&DC:

- reduced total weekly city carrier work hours
- reduced carrier overtime and penalty overtime usage
- positive feedback from management and craft and customer service
- improved carrier return times
- 96.00% on-time service performance

-- Leave it to the PRC to rain on someone's parade with its 26 MAR 2014 press release: in part -- The Postal Service should perform additional field testing, since the results of the limited testing may not be representative at the national level. ( if South Jersey could come up with such results, why couldn't other plants? )

DB.Cooper

RRECS is going to cut your pay but you'll be working more hours. Wait till you see the new time standards that the new system will use. The postal service is not going to pay Rurals any more for the same job they have been doing. No where close to hourly. If they were they would just put us all on the time clock.. There is something wrong if you are not working most days under your evaluated time unless you drive an LLV which cuts your time standards even more. I'd say if you think this RRECS is going to get you closer to hourly then this system will benefit the slow, ain't got nothing else to do today crowd!
Exactafunkinmundo... all these peeps wanna know what Willis is talkin' 'bout... I say he's talkin' 'bout the TRUTH...

And if you'll notice it's always the same peeps that have a little trouble with hearing the truth.... just sayin'... :oops:

Windindaface

They took all carrier scissors away years ago. If we need one we have to request one from whoever is manning the SUPER DESK. When the blades dull in our safety cutters we get a new one from whoever is guarding the SUPER desk. . The last one issued to me has a spring loaded handle. As you cut the straps the handle has an inch of give to it before strap cutting.

Load leveling seems to be back in my office for the past few months. No more getting slammed on one or two days and nothing for the rest of the week. I work day after Holidays.

In an all LLV office except for SCAB run. I'm the only L run. I always beat EVAL on average of 2hrs daily. Others by 3 or more except AUX. They beat eval by an hr. Never in my 20 in combined have we been reviewed. Those who have chosen opt out have been allowed. All our EVALS are based on nit pick carrier dispute count #s.

The USPS RRECS SHIP aka"The Black Pearl" spooks me. I'm to far vested as a higher pay earner to deal with this shineola to find out I'll be short changed at the back end for a sudden mid game changing rule. But I understand this rule change might drive the higher who are eligible out.

They took all carrier scissors away years ago. If we need one we have to request one from whoever is manning the SUPER DESK. When the blades dull in our safety cutters we get a new one from whoever is guarding the SUPER desk. . The last one issued to me has a spring loaded handle. As you cut the straps the handle has an inch of give to it before strap cutting.
All of my cutters disappeared. I bet I went through 3 or 4 before I gave up trying to keep one. So, I went out and bought a pair of scissors. Actually two come to think of it, since the first one I bought disappeared. I do still have a ring knife...how that missed being confiscated I don't know...it was at my case when I took over the route.

DB.Cooper

We still have scissors in my office... are these forbidden??? postal workers not allowed to have any sharp objects??? so ridiculous... :rolleyes:

Gotrope

Years ago, after the San Diego shooting, they took our scissors away and gave us 3.5 inch bladed knives. Then they took the knives away after a local carrier was stabbed on the route and gave us ring cutters/box cutters. 9/11 came and they took away the ring cutters and box cutters. That left us with our teeth. Carriers went out and bought personal scissors and said, " Touch them and we'll file theft charges!" No one has said anything since.

Shafted

What about the square blue cutters with just the little angled piece of blade on them? Can’t very well injure yourself with those. There were hundreds laying around the plant when I worked tour 3.

Gotrope

My neighbor has a swing set he built for his buddies. Thing is at !east 20 feet tall. I've often wondered if they would notice anything odd if I strapped in in for a spin. I don't think any of our drones would carry it.

RDruckus

DB.Cooper et al -- " the new MDD scanners, the collection of GPS “breadcrumb” data, the flow of essential data into cloud storage, and the completion of detailed industrial engineering studies of rural carrier work activities. "

Wow
, four years late and counting. Stand up on digitization is the only thing we've heard from USPS. One NRLCA article on RRECS, BTW, they don't understand it, we'll get back to you. All this conjecture is a natural result of how information doesn't flow to craft. The aforementioned entities have no respect or consideration for craft.

(But, I think we all know the Emperor has no clothes. I, for one, wish he'd get in better shape if he's going to walk around like that.)