• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Direct order to go home

I’ve asked for cease and desist in my current grievance and progressive monetary and my inner office steward didn’t understand cease and desist! EEONext because the Union is no union, we are to stand united but we stand alone!

All carriers that are aggrieved should be filing EEO complaints...forget the Union! We have no Union!

Filing an EEO complaint has rules. I was being severely harassed by a member of mgmt a year back. In calling the EEO, they send a packet for filing but the questions were on what type of prejudicial harassment like Sex, Race, Age (over 40), or Disabilities. I believe there was another category but don’t recall. Regardless, none the harassment that I was receiving would fit into any of those categories & I wasn’t going to lie. I could have said that it was due to my slight disability & age were the basis & throw in the fact that I am not gay (they are) BUT that would have been wrong.
Filing a Disparate treatment grievance was a whole lot easier to prove especially since the PM was allowing it & in turn creating a “hostile work environment” (another grievance). Grievances do work with the proper documentation & a decent Steward. If the Steward seems to be making “sweetheart deals”, go above them & file a complaint.
Document, document, document! Dates, times, and what was said by whom PLUS how you felt with that situation (threatened, scared, etc).

Well I took a sick day yesterday because my dentist was able to squeeze me in and when I returned to work today, nothing was said to me. We, amazingly enough, had a stand up talk about the RDWL and that he is giving us until Friday to add our names to it if we so wished. I took that as a promise to use it against us the first chance he gets. Since he made that announcement, I left the grievance form for the RDWL in my car and got out the one about scheduling and the incident on Monday. When I handed it to him, he wanted to discuss it immediately. Again, he wanted to tell me that it was my responsibility to contact him to see if I was working and I said no sir, YOU are the PM and supervisor of this office, it is your responsibility to notify me if I am not to report since I have been working my K day for the last several weeks and what else would I think I should do since I do not have a sub to cover my route and I have the least amount of seniority among the regulars? It just went into a big circle so I asked him to sign off on my grievance form so I could mail it off. He kept asking me, "so you WANT a schedule? Are you SURE you want a schedule?" Here we go again, one more thing to use against me...

magnolia72 -- " We, amazingly enough, had a stand up talk about the RDWL and that he is giving us until Friday to add our names to it if we so wished."

-- Anyone file a grievance for "posting" the RDWL at an improper time frame?

-- Three weeks prior to the start of the new guarantee year and three weeks prior to the beginning of the first full pay period in May.

-- Show the PM Article 8.5.A of the contract or the Question Box section of the April AND September editions of the 2018 national magazine.

-- Apparently the NRLCA thinks posting the RDWL at the appropriate time frame is important.

I like faxing the grievance forms to the ADR... the look on the PMs face is priceless when they get a phone call the VERY next day after discussing it with me...

I always mail the original forms after faxing...

Often I ask that any harassment, or belligerent behavior be warned against in the grievance paperwork... so when that gets mentioned to them, it always helps make their day... :love:

USPS management is very lacking in many ways. I'm sure that's why no one ( headhunter) stalks them when they retire. They all seem to have a very short shelf life.

Back