• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Disability and pension

If you are on a supplemental social security for low income in might reduce your benefits but not regular disability that you earned by working
So you are saying that I can retire at MRA and then get SS disability since I won't have 30 years and get the supplement?

So you are saying that I can retire at MRA and then get SS disability since I won't have 30 years and get the supplement?
You can retire at mra and apply for disability social security and collect both if they approve your disability. Or you can also apply for a disability pension from the PO instead of taking your mra pension and then your PO disability would turn into your regular pension at 62 as if you worked til then.

If you mean the FERS SS supplement then I believe the answer is no. As far as I understand once you get anything from Social Security you are no longer eligible for the FERS SS supplement. You can get FERS and Social Security disability but not all three.

If you mean the FERS SS supplement then I believe the answer is no. As far as I understand once you get anything from Social Security you are no longer eligible for the FERS SS supplement. You can get FERS and Social Security disability but not all three.
Disability social security is not the same as the fers supplement. Yes you are correct the fers supplement stops when you receive social security from social security. But you are not eligible for the supplement at mra without 30 years so I don't think he is asking about receiving all 3.

Disability social security is not the same as the fers supplement. Yes you are correct the fers supplement stops when you receive social security from social security. But you are not eligible for the supplement at mra without 30 years so I don't think he is asking about receiving all 3.
Not with 60 and 20?

yes also with 60 20 but MRA and 30.... I will have MRA and 28 1/2, and was going to retire and work somewhere else and ............. the USAS. If Congress will do the right thing, I will have MRA and 37.
Yep...I have mra with 34 service but 6 sub years,which don't count..thank you congress...so I have to work 2-2.5 more yrs to get to 60 age and 36 yrs service which gives me 16 fing years more than their 20 yr requirement...I'm beyond frustrated šŸ˜¤
Due to me literally breaking my body apart, I'm in a position now,that I may have to go out on disability..

Yep...I have mra with 34 service but 6 sub years,which don't count..thank you congress...so I have to work 2-2.5 more yrs to get to 60 age and 36 yrs service which gives me 16 fing years more than their 20 yr requirement...I'm beyond frustrated šŸ˜¤
Due to me literally breaking my body apart, I'm in a position now,that I may have to go out on disability..
I'm still 2 years away from MRA. could have gone out on disability 6 years ago. I found a nice 44J route I could do in 4 hours a day......... so I didn't put in for retirement...... then thought RRECS was happening in 2019 after the final report came out........ So I stuck around...... then 2020...... thought RRECS might fix the parcel influx and I would get a better high 3 if I stuck around............. now it's 2023 and 20 months away from retirement and carrying more damn parcels than 2020 2021, or 2022.

Back