Dismount Digitization.

stingrayiii

Best answers
Just a heads up for anyone interested.
Your 4003 dismounts have to be in a certain order that matches the red book for the system to read. If not the system will not read it correct and possible not be paid correctly.
Example:
Red book shows the following:
2305 Reading Railroad
452 Donald Duck Way

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now say 2305 Reading Railroad is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
In the 4003 it should show like this as your dismount stop.
2305 Reading Railroad

Now say 2308 Reading Railroad is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
2308 Reading Railroad

Now say 452 Donald Duck Way is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
452 Donald Duck Way

Now say 454 Donald Duck Way is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
454 Donald Duck Way

Now say 2305 Reading Railroad is the first cbu.
And the next one is 452 Donald Duck Way
In the 4003 it should show like this as your dismount stops.
2305 Reading Railroad
452 Donald Duck Way

So it needs the first box number in the cbu plus the first street in the cbu to read.
It gets confusing if the first number and street is not the same.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With what I have seen so far is every dismount is named where the cbu is located.
Example:

Now say 454 Donald Duck Way is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
In the 4003 it looks something like this.
Reading Railroad

Which is wrong and the system will not read it. It needs the first number and street name to match the distance footage for that stop.
If not the system might not read the distance correctly for that dismount.

Also it won't read if it doesn't match the read book listing.
Say in the red book you have as the first stop of the cbu as
458 Red Fern Ave

The 4003 has to match that first address
It can't be
458 Red Fern
Red Fern

It should be
458 Red Fern Ave

If Ave is left off it will not read.
Anything after the address is fine to input for additional info
Example:
458 Red Fern Ave (Cbu #12)
458 Red Fern Ave (Stop at big tree)

The Line of travel doesn't have to match any address, but the dismount portion of the 4003 needs to be.

I have been inputting this just lately to get our routes correct for multi offices.

This is what was shown from the digitization team in our area.
Best of luck.

Last edited:

stingrayiii

Best answers
Also of note, I asked why this mattered since the scanner is supposed to record our footage. I got blank stares and no straight response.
It makes me wonder why we have dismount footage if our scanner is to record our movements?
Just a thought.

FrozenToes

Best answers
Also of note, I asked why this mattered since the scanner is supposed to record our footage. I got blank stares and no straight response.
It makes me wonder why we have dismount footage if our scanner is to record our movements?
Just a thought.
The thinking on walking distance has changed. We first thought the scanner was actually measuring the distance walked.
Now the thought is the scanner is just marking plot points.
Then Google maps are whatever will assign the distance based on the points for each address.
That's why we have to map our routes and provide the dismount distances during the process.
Why would we need the mapping process if the scanner recorded all measurements?

Last edited:

Boxholder

Best answers
Just a heads up for anyone interested.
Your 4003 dismounts have to be in a certain order that matches the red book for the system to read. If not the system will not read it correct and possible not be paid correctly.
Example:
Red book shows the following:
2305 Reading Railroad
452 Donald Duck Way

Now say 2305 Reading Railroad is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
2305 Reading Railroad

Now say 2308 Reading Railroad is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
2308 Reading Railroad

Now say 452 Donald Duck Way is the start of the cbu. And the cbu is located on Reading Railroad.
452 Donald Duck Way

454 Donald Duck Way

Now say 2305 Reading Railroad is the first cbu.
And the next one is 452 Donald Duck Way
In the 4003 it should show like this as your dismount stops.
2305 Reading Railroad
452 Donald Duck Way

So it needs the first box number in the cbu plus the first street in the cbu to read.
It gets confusing if the first number and street is not the same.
With what I have seen so far is every dismount is named where the cbu is located.
Example:

In the 4003 it looks something like this.
Reading Railroad

Which is wrong and the system will not read it. It needs the first number and street name to match the distance footage for that stop.
If not the system might not read the distance correctly for that dismount.

Also it won't read if it doesn't match the read book listing.
Say in the red book you have as the first stop of the cbu as
458 Red Fern Ave

The 4003 has to match that first address
It can't be
458 Red Fern
Red Fern

It should be
458 Red Fern Ave

If Ave is left off it will not read.
Anything after the address is fine to input for additional info
Example:
458 Red Fern Ave (Cbu #12)
458 Red Fern Ave (Stop at big tree)

The Line of travel doesn't have to match any address, but the dismount portion of the 4003 needs to be.

I have been inputting this just lately to get our routes correct for multi offices.

This is what was shown from the digitization team in our area.
Best of luck.
And people are against us all rising up like a tidal wave for HOURLY.

OK, lets give this a chance first??? God help us all.

stingrayiii

Best answers
I have been doing this for the last month to make sure everything is set-up right in the 4003.
After submitting a base change with the collected info, you then submit what is called a remeasure. Once you submit the remeasure that is when the system goes into effect, and you are now ready to be mapped.