• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Dispute Examples

Augsburg

I'll give some examples of what I'm disputing and what fields they are and what documentation you'll need. I'll add them one at a time to make it easier to reply.
I hope this will help someone get their money back.

Going line by line on the 4241A (left to right) I'll start with DPS letters. On any day in the volume date range 03/11/2022 - 03/10/2023 if I had less than 400 pieces of DPS and have a 0.00 on the 4241M "case DPS letters" I'm disputing DPS letters. Documentation needed: 4241A (field and total credit), 4241M (shows how the field is calculated), 4241-m comparison chart ( shows standard of time S009 and when it applies -2nd run DPS/<400 DPS), RADAR report in those dates ( 302 work days to find <400DPS). Simply put if you have one day where dps is 399 (or total of dps under 400) ÷ 302 work days is = 1.3211 x .0294 (case DPS standard S009) = .0388 x 6 (days week) = .233 or 13.98 seconds/week.
If you had a total of 2000 DPS <400 = 70 sec/week.

Don't let any union rep or manager tell you this is the wrong field or that there is a minimum threshold to get credit/make the numbers populate. If they say this ask them for the documentation that specifically says so.

In RRECS this standard is suppose to be automatic. It obviously is not. This is theft.

The next category is "pull down". If you have had a valid dispute for "DPS letters" you may also dispute "pull down". You'll need the same documentation as the "DPS letters" dispute and page 85 of "the Rural route evaluated compensation system RRECS" (on the NRLCA website)
The 2nd Run DPS and DPS <400/day are treated like random letters; they pay you to case them. This means that there is now more mail in your case to pull down than what you've been credited for.
Documents: 4241A, 4241M, page 85. Comprehensive guide to rrecs, 4241A explanation sheet ( shows what is in pull down; cased mail: Random letters, random flats, CR flats, WSS letters flats, Box holder's 2nd run dps. 32 pieces per rubber band 200 pieces per tray).
Add up all the cased mail
Random flats =
Flats =
CR flats=
Wss letters =
Wss flats =
<400 dps =

If the total is let's say 509.
Following the "pull down" category on the 4241M
-move trays to storage 1 x .2643 =.26
-pull down hadle trays 3 (509÷200[letters/tray] =2.5 or 3 trays) x .2458 = .7374
-pull down handful (509÷32[pieces per handful] 15.9) 16 x .0291 = .4656
Pull down compartments [example 2bundle route =½box total let's just say 500] 500 x .0326 =16.3
- rubberbands (same as handfuls) 16 x .099 = 1.584
Total = 19.347 or 116.082/week as the new field "pull down" on the 4241A

Next category is "Daily activities".
Documents: 4241A, 4241M.
This is when you give management a choice . Either add substantial time to the 4241M category "safety service talks" or admit to not training you on RRECS. In which case you may not want to give them a chance and file a greivance on not being trained properly on rrecs and to be made whole for the loss of income @75% in a one time payment. 😉

The next few fields are regular boxes, centralized boxes, total boxes, collection compartments, daily dismounts and daily dismount distance. Are simply accessed by a comparison of an old (april this year) and new 4240. If the values don't match and your route hasn't changed (no one has because 4003 is locked) then a dispute can be made for any prudent field.
Sorry for breezing by these but they are a little redundant . If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, I'm probably missing some details.

Service is the biggest field and I personally separated it into two categories. I've been told that some disputes belong in different fields, but no documentation has been provided to prove otherwise.
We'll call the first dispute Service-A "additional trip CENT, CBU, SIDEWALK, OTHER" (on the MDD additional authorized dismount)
My documents: 4241A, 4241M, rrecs mdd scan review (I've only recieved 3 weeks but it proves I've imput the data) 4241 comparison, rrecs scans summary (? Requested never got) pages 64-65 comprehensive guide .
These credits are OTHER .2076, SDWK .1544, CENT .4409 etc., per occurrence AND the distance at the standard walking rate .00429/foot.

If you had one scan it would be .001 on the daily average column. Don't let someone tell you that there is a magic threshold of "a minute a day average" before the data populates. There isn't any documentation to prove it. Don't let someone tell you this is in another field, its a strawman of sorts. You aren't disputing that other field and you can only go off of the documentation you have that says it is in the "service field"

Service-B "unit time CBU/CENT"
many people where told to group their CBU/CENTRAL boxes together as one mailbox in mapping. If the 4241M "unit time CBU/CENT" total is less than your actual mail boxes you where also a victim of theft like me. Fixing this category is worth over 100 minutes a week on my route.
Documents I used : 4241A, 4241M, comprehensive guide pages 38-39, a hand written count of mail stops and boxes/types (ex 610 - 650 Pine View St. - 6 - central, 800 Lakewood - 1 - CBU)
This is a big factor in why Routes with a lot of cbu/cent lost so big.
Godspeed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230529_194615_Polaris Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20230529_194615_Polaris Office.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 25
Service-B "unit time CBU/CENT"
many people where told to group their CBU/CENTRAL boxes together as one mailbox in mapping. If the 4241M "unit time CBU/CENT" total is less than your actual mail boxes you where also a victim of theft like me. Fixing this category is worth over 100 minutes a week on my route.
Documents I used : 4241A, 4241M, comprehensive guide pages 38-39, a hand written count of mail stops and boxes/types (ex 610 - 650 Pine View St. - 6 - central, 800 Lakewood - 1 - CBU)
This is a big factor in why Routes with a lot of cbu/cent lost so big.
Godspeed.
I had 2 groups unanchored !!! A Group of 6 and 3 units. . That's almost 2 minutes per week , per unit, plus other credits. They were anchored the 1st time I mapped. Plus 204-B was in mapping without me in January. She knew exactly what I was angry about without even looking at the screen. She said " that's how they taught us to do them". I asked her " so are you the one that unanchored them". she said no, it was done before she was 204-B. I don't believe her. I will find out today when I map after a weeks vacation. I am going directly to the activity tab !!! GRRRR

Back