earbud policy?

neverringtwice

Best answers
Today I was warned about wearing earbuds in both ears at the office. I was told to take one of them out. Is this policy in writing anywhere?

Gotrope

Best answers
Yep. In writing, on your office safety board, in every postal district nationwide. You may not wear anything in your ear while walking or operating equipment. They do allow you to wear them while casing mail at your case as long as you can hear emergency issues.

btdtret

Best answers
neverringtwice -- " Today I was warned about wearing earbuds in both ears at the office. I was told to take one of them out. Is this policy in writing anywhere? "

-- Search for "headphones" at the top right corner.

-- Click on the "Gone Postal and Naked" thread.

-- Look references in posting #185.

-- At least manglement allowed you one earbud. That's more than other post offices.

MiddleOfNowhere

Best answers
i got one of these, and love it. bluetooth connect, an has range of about 60-70 feet, from source. volume switch on device. listen to music, and have a conversation, at the same time. i use it in the office, and around the house

Last edited:

PastOThirty

Best answers
Application of rule enforcement is totally discretionary. The rule might make sense where machinery or yard vehicles are moving rapidly without lots of warning, but it’s like the backing rule... doesn’t address the underlying problem of lack of care and attention during situations that require it. On the delivery unit workroom floor, it’s next to pointless, but for now it is what it is.

RuralMunky

Best answers
Try bone conduction headphones. Not in ear so they can't take issue with you on that front. They sell anywhere from $30 to $150 I have a pair of Aftershokz Titanium and the sound pretty decent.