• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Early outs and buyouts

Just so you all are aware, the 1992 USPS early retirement offer was extended to city carriers and clerks/mail handlers. Rural carriers were left out, getting no opportunity to take part.
In about 2010 or 2011 they offered rurals a VER.... no money, but they waived some time requirements and early retirement penalties, I believe.... so *something* can be offered.... :unsure:

In about 2010 or 2011 they offered rurals a VER.... no money, but they waived some time requirements and early retirement penalties, I believe.... so *something* can be offered.... :unsure:
Well done, DB. You quickly righted the ship. Nowwww we're back on the 'early out' train again. (y)

Table 2 was part of a master plan back in 2012.... getting the new cheaper labor cued up was just step 1.... now they have to push the old Table 1ers out the door.... you can betcha, somebody has a list, and keeps checking to see how many Table 1ers are still out there....

However, why not offer some waiver of time or age requirements to tempt some to go.... or wth.... offer $10k, they'll make that back in savings the 1st year.... win-win.... js.... ? (y)??
Or they can do just what Mnuchin recommended in the Postal Task Force Report,

• Reforming USPS employee compensation in a manner consistent with proposed reforms to the broader federal workforce;

• Restructuring retiree health benefit liabilities with a new actuarial calculation that is based on employees at or near retirement age;

Or they can do just what Mnuchin recommended in the Postal Task Force Report,

• Reforming USPS employee compensation in a manner consistent with proposed reforms to the broader federal workforce;

• Restructuring retiree health benefit liabilities with a new actuarial calculation that is based on employees at or near retirement age;
There have been some other proposals like those kicked around for a while now... I remember moving high 3 to high 5.... that'd likely make many eligible head toward the exits.... :(

Back