electronic documentation submissions, mail processing Article in usps LINK 11/26/2018 Informed visibilit and how it will help in future mail counts

charlie

New usps program...Fancy name...Mail Condition Visualization..
It says usps will have near real time data to see where the mail is at all times.. It will take data on arrivals, departures, container loading and unloading, equipment, piece, tray and bundle reports. *****Additionally MCV stores historical data.*****
So what's so important you ask?
It stores historical data. How many times did you see catalogs come in after mail count which had dates for mail count?...How many times did large mailings mysteriously not show up during mail count? And the union said there was nothing they could do without proof...
This program stores all that data. Unions have the right to see these reports and data..IT is THE PROOF.
If the children in charge of our union had brains they would be watching for stuff like this. The union could use it to HELP it's members.
Bet that the union will never see this and see how important this program could be to us?

Rt2mailman

The mail, flats, and parcels that "don't show up during count will never be on any data from "informed" delivery. The big mailers/Amazon are just asked not to send anything during count. Unless you can find and prove that communication from the USPS you have no proof. There is no room in the plants to hide anything and trucking records show if trailers are sitting somewhere. As has been noted on this site, UPS and Fed-X are overwhelmed during our counts, that is where the parcels go.

"Informed delivery " has some of its own problems . As of today its been reported that it has been being used by thieves to "know" when important mail is being delivered so they can steal it. I guess even thieves are becoming environmental conscious and not wasting gas checking every box, but using informed delivery to know when they can drive right to the box that has something interesting coming . The USPS is so "helpful ".

PastOThirty

Unless very specifically outlined in an MOU or contract, the employer won't give the union any information. The union is barely given enough information most times to establish/verify seniority. The relationship doesn't follow the public legal practice of uniform discovery of evidence seen in criminal or civil law.

btdtret

charlie et al -- "New usps program...Fancy name...Mail Condition Visualization.. "

-- Must be nice to be in some cubicle somewhere with nothing to do but come up with new "programs."

"It stores historical data. How many times did you see catalogs come in after mail count which had dates for mail count?...How many times did large mailings mysteriously not show up during mail count? And the union said there was nothing they could do without proof...
This program stores all that data. Unions have the right to see these reports and data..IT is THE PROOF.

-- IF this programs survives until the next count, probably could safely bet your pay check there suddenly would be "glitches" with the program a week or so before and after the count dates.

-- The USPS will argue about the union's "right" to see such reports.

-- Customers might get a bit paranoid to learn the program is storing such data, especially those customers who rush to the mail box to remove some credit card bill, etc they don't want some other family member to see.

-- Carriers have told the union of how letters, flats, and parcels dry up during count, but apparently anecdotal information is not good enough proof.

As for "Rt2mailman's" -- " trucking records show if trailers are sitting somewhere." Must be they have improved on that as a few years ago the USPS OIG noted several rented trailers could not be found, lost seen somewhere in NJ.

DB.Cooper

I love watching the holiday video clips they play on the news occasionally... when they show Amazon, or UPS or FedEx sorting plants, it all looks so peaceful and organized, with parcels humming along on conveyor belts... when they show a USPS plant, it looks like mass hysteria, peeps with long poles trying to break logjams of parcels clogging up the conveyors...

The USPS could break an iron anvil using a rubber hammer... screw up a free lunch, etc., etc... :oops:

blamethesub

MCV. Yet another freaking acronym for us to deal with. Charlie, it's nice that you see the positive side to this feature. I see it as one more tool to be used against us.

Shafted

I have an acronym for any overpaid usps cubicle farm mgt bozo who has to come up with dumb stuff like this to justify their existence. KMA !!!

charlie

MCV. Yet another freaking acronym for us to deal with. Charlie, it's nice that you see the positive side to this feature. I see it as one more tool to be used against us.
blamethe sub....Me? positive?...I just bring these little tidbits up so shafted, bd and a host of others have another target for sarcasm....
But....
My main goal in the beginning was to get some info out to the rest of us... Having some OIG reports to cite when you might get in an arguement with management is useful....
Also...
You screw with their minds when you casually mention that you noticed an interesting point in an OIG report which could affect your local operations... Idiot PM's back off on carriers who show they know more than themselves. You could be dangerous to them and they keep their distance....It's the old keep then guessing and worried ploy. And it works.

btdtret

charlie -- "I just bring these little tidbits up so shafted, bd and a host of others have another target for sarcasm.... "

-- Sarcasm? Moi??