• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Evaluated Route Hours

Unicornroute

My route came back at 58.53 from mail count but the chart only goes up to 57.36 which is a k48. My route has still not been cut yet. How do I know what 58.53 is supposed to be in weekly hours?

Unicornroute -- "My route came back at 58.53 from mail count but the chart only goes up to 57.36 which is a k48. My route has still not been cut yet."

-- You left out one bit of information: are you under or over evaluation when running the route?

-- Check Article 9.2.C.8.b. Relief of Overburdened Routes.

Permanent relief WILL be arranged AS SOON AS PRACTICABLE for overburdened routes. Auxiliary assistance MAY be provided as a temporary means of providing relief as defined in ( 1 ) above. Assistance is provided, equivalent to the lesser of the following:

( 1 ) the regular carrier's actual weekly work hours that are in excess of 48 hours ( K classification ); or

( 2 ) the standard hours for the route that are in excess of 57:36 ( or 1.45 hours a week ).

-- Has manglement given any hint of adjusting / cutting your route?

Btdtret, I am running over evaluation. I don’t get any relief because we are short on subs and management is not making any effort to cut my route even though they have already cut other routes in my office. I want to file a grievance for back pay but I am trying to figure out how many hours each week I need to file for. I am thinking 58.53 would be a k50 if it went past 57.36. Right?

Unicornroute -- " management is not making any effort to cut my route even though they have already cut other routes in my office. "

-- A grievance for "disparate" treatment might have more success than one for back pay.

" I am thinking 58.53 would be a k50 if it went past 57.36.

-- Since the Tables of Evaluated Hours for Regular Rural Routes does not go above 57:36, manglement is not concerned, just the "free" work.

-- Yet the Tables for Auxiliary Routes goes up to 56:30 and over and is considered a 57-hour AUX!

Back