Face Mask

RDruckus

Our state requires a face mask.

We had a stand up saying we must wear a face mask.

I have yet to see my abrasive PM don a face mask.

Today there were no disposable face masks out with the gloves.
Monday we were allowed to take one ill-fitting mask from a box of customer donated masks.

So I guess it's just like every other policy in place at the USPS.

Last edited:

Bukowski

We were required about 2 weeks ago. Some people are just ignoring the rule and management isn't enforcing anything. Some people just kinda have them half on, or forget to pull it up over their face when going into common areas. Very lax.

lovethemail

We have them, but the only time it is enforced is if we are training someone at the case. Now..if we are talking and not six foot the boss will say back up or go get a mask.

oldandtired

Our state will be requiring face mask. What is your office doing? Are they enforcing this while in the office?
View attachment 1487
We have them, but the only time it is enforced is if we are training someone at the case. Now..if we are talking and not six foot the boss will say back up or go get a mask.
We only have to wear them if social distancing can’t be maintained , in and out of the office . The state says when social distancing is an issue wear one , it seems though many are wearing them at all times . Quite odd seeing people in their cars alone wearing a mask ! Not quite sure what the logic is in that ! Just shake my head , to each his own I guess.

gotstamps

My mgmt has given up on the 6‘ rule. They never bothered with it Themselves. State recommends but no mandate.

csparks

Our state's rural areas are going to be an interesting testing point to look back on. Basically, nothing really changed much. Some plexi-glass, hand sanitizers, and that's about it. Old folks are wearing masks, no one else is. Just what I would have expected of the country folks that grew up hearing stories of the Depression, Dust Bowl, and the hard times. Do what you can, but keep working.

All stores, restaurants, salons, gyms, etc reopened May 1. No significant changes, yet, I believe. In the two Big Cities, there is an obvious "paying attention" thing going on. Outside that, very little. We'll see.

Jess

I’m a bit peeved.. Our governor and mandating masks starting Friday and so the post office is going to require it in our district. I was forced to pay my copay of $35 to get a note saying I can’t wear a mask for cuz I can’t breathe for medical reasons!! I called the union and they told me I needed a note!

They want carriers to wear it while in the office AND LLVs. I don’t have a problem wearing a mask in a store or apt for an hour or so. But all day while at work? I really want to sue for my $35 and time! 🤬

Rcflyn

We only have to wear them if social distancing can’t be maintained , in and out of the office . The state says when social distancing is an issue wear one , it seems though many are wearing them at all times . Quite odd seeing people in their cars alone wearing a mask ! Not quite sure what the logic is in that ! Just shake my head , to each his own I guess.
I’ve always got my mask “ready” if social distancing can’t be maintained, however, I very rarely need it.....

As an off topic, but a reply to your “alone in car” remark. You’ll LOVE this one.
A couple weeks ago, I saw a guy at the gas station hop on his crotch rocket (motorcycle), put his FULL FACED HELMET on, strap down his chin strap, then take his N95 style mask, pull it on over his helmet, placing the mask on his helmet over the area where his mouth and nose would be under his helmet. YES, his mask was on the OUTSIDE of his full faced helmet. Not under his helmet covering his nose/mouth. OVER his helmet. (But hey, he did have it covering his nose/mouth, or at least the vents in his helmet anyways)
I lost it. I haven’t had such a good “LOL” in quite some time.

hockey94

That is a good one.

I have never ridden a motorcycle and have no plans to, but I see ppl riding with nothing covering ones mouth/eyes/ nose, (hemet on), dont ya get flys and whatever else in your mouth/nose/eyes ?

Last edited:

Rcflyn

That is a good one.

I have never ridden a motorcycle and have no plans to, but I see ppl riding with nothin covering ones mouth/eyes/ nose, (hemet on), dont ya get flys and whatever else in your mouth/nose/eyes ?
I’ll never give up riding motorcycle.
I live in a state that requires a helmet, (which I HATE. it’s my choice, not states. If I wreck, I’m only hurting myself, my helmet won’t save someone else’s life).
But to answer your question, yes, you get bugs everywhere. I do hate the helmet law, but you’ll never catch me riding without eye protection (I don’t think many states will allow NO eye protection).
An old joke I heard many years ago:
Q: How do you spot a happy Harley rider?
A: By the amount of bugs on his teeth!!

I’ve eaten more than a few hundred bugs riding (my helmet is a brain bucket, no full face, barely D.O.T. Legal size wise)
Bugs are just free protein. 😆