• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Feb count

Shafted

New super, who has been a “manager” for all of ten minutes starting in today with saying there will be a count in Feb or March. Assuming she saw the post about re-certifying the study office routes. Drama drama drama.

I think there is a rumor circulating amongst the mngt bozos about a count... I think it's just speculation tho... but, with the NRLCA no one ever really knows... they coulda MOU'd us out into a count without us knowing...

I'm guessing they might do route inspection on or about February, regardless of whether there is a count, or not... but, could they wait for this September??? Doubt it... but, who knows!!! Mushrooms... :poop:

I still don’t see it happening. We’ve not had one outside of a contract in my 14 yrs as a carrier so why now? The PO got their arses handed to them last year, do they really think the results will be different? The contract with Amazon is up this spring but the belief is is that They’ll renew for at least one more year.
Seriously, no contract, no count. AND the route mapping won’t be completed. The computer system the PO has now can’t handle it. Heck, I was told on good authority that we’d have a new scanner by now but nothing.

How long have we had these scanners, 5-6 years ? Seems like the PO should get more years out of them. Oh wait....

I still don’t see it happening. We’ve not had one outside of a contract in my 14 yrs as a carrier so why now? The PO got their arses handed to them last year, do they really think the results will be different? The contract with Amazon is up this spring but the belief is is that They’ll renew for at least one more year.
Seriously, no contract, no count. AND the route mapping won’t be completed. The computer system the PO has now can’t handle it. Heck, I was told on good authority that we’d have a new scanner by now but nothing.

Maybe there's a grand scheme somewhere... new scanners rolled out for implementation of the new wrecked pay system (RRECS), and then new vehicles to ride around in... :unsure:

Wake UP, we're DREAMING... this is the USPS & NRLCA we're talking about here... there is NO plan... they're winging it and flying by the seats of their pants.... :love:

Back to speculation mode tho... didn't Jeanie mention last year, that there might be a count this year... I know she's history (herstory) now, but maybe one last twist of the knife after she's gone... :sneaky:

I would be doubtful of a count in February without a signed contract. Frankly, too many people would request decertification of this union. I'm generally a supporter of unions, but, crap on a cracker!!! These last 7 years have been beyond the pale. The consistent, glaring lack of respect and Information from Duke St has been a deal breaker for many members. I can understand slow progress, but zero updates about anything?? And when you talk to the officers about specifics in rrecs, they look like deer in the headlights. And of course the answer to " is the study taking____ into account?" Is always, we think so. But, we don't know. Pick up a phone and ask.

I'm about ready to relegate this union to the X files, I want to believe...but they offer me no proof of their existence.

Last edited:
It is a ploy, to get managers to think about something. While they are "thinking " the USPS will be sold to Amazon, (Amazon already has new trucks), Congress will be given free prime membership, and all the current USPS managers will be fired. The new 200 Amazon managers (for the entire USPS) will order us new scanners from China (that we strap to our foreheads ,where artificial intelligence computers will issue shocks for every inccorect action) just before new tariffs are put in place.

Well, if we are going to speculate we might as well go all the way.

When you have the NRLCA as a "union"... speculation is all we have, as NO other real or useful information is provided... :cry:

Mushrooms... kept in the dark, and fed $#!+... :poop:

As far as I know there is still a 30 day notification requirement for mail counts... so they have about 3 more weeks to notify us if we are to begin a count any time before the end of February... end of September... I'm doubtful, as they'd have to count everybody, and parcels and other mail will be heavy then... but, never say never... :sneaky:

Last edited:
I know I've read somewhere that we will never have another count as we know them. Therefore if this is true our association the great and marvelous NRLCA needs to develop a delay penalty (monetary) if the new evaluation system is not in effect & implemented by a specific date! For the sake of argument lets pick (July 1st) the first day of the second half of the year!

I think you're right... and wasn't there some language in the study agreement that the new wrecked pay system (RRECS) would be implemented with a mail count following the final recommendation of the panel chairman???

We've already had that final recommendation, so now IF there is a count, shouldn't it only be used to usher in the new wrecked pay system (RRECS)???

Any other type of count would seem to violate that agreement... and we know that agreement is mandated by an arbitrator, agreed to by the USPS and NRLCA, and enforceable by the full weight of US contractual laws... just like it having to be implemented by May 2015... :love:

Last edited:
Additionally I seem to remember that the only thing that would be counted if such a mail count were to happen would be basically the items that machinable numbers can't be obtained for! Raw letters and flats would be an example of a couple of these items.

As long as we work under the expired contract, a September count is always a possibility. Personally, I think much of the delay is to force us one more time to count under old standards. The amount of money they could save in just one year is pretty high. Might even pay for scanners.

In part...

"...4. The Chairperson shall then make a recommendation for a revised Evaluated Compensation System to the parties within the context of the parties’ traditional incentive system. The parties will have thirty (30) days to evaluate and comment on the Chairperson’s recommendation. Within 90 days of the receipt of the parties’ comments, the Chairperson shall make the final determination with regard to the revised Evaluated Compensation System. Both parties agree to be bound by that determination, and the determination shall not be subject to grievance or arbitration by either party.

5. The revised Evaluated Compensation System will be effective with the next scheduled mail count.

6. The parties agree that no standards changes shall be proposed prior to the Chairperson’s final determination of the revised Evaluated Compensation System except that Article 34 may be utilized for any new work functions assigned to rural letter carriers..."

*** NOTE: Paragraph 5 uses that word "WILL" again...

PastOThirty et al -- "Normally they [ counts ] are planned well in advance because training is required, of management, on screwing us. If they are planning training for themselves, I would anticipate it as imminent."

-- The infamous Arbitrator Wells "award" was issued 03 FEB 2002.

-- The count began 28 FEB 02 to 13 MAR 02, which had some changes in standards. Seems the two parties can act quickly if needed.

-- Arbitrator Wells also noted that "The Chair finds the mail count process GROSSLY OUTDATED. I believe there is a better way to achieve an accurate and fair mail count. But rather than impose my process for mail count improvement upon the parties, it is ORDERED that the two parties jointly choose a recognized authority experienced in these matters to create an alternative to the current mail count process. The process should begin no later than six ( 6 ) months from the issuance of this award or August 3, 2002 and be COMPLETED NOT LATER THAN six months prior to the expiration of this Agreement or May 20, 2004. At the conclusion of this process the parties shall jointly determine whether or not to implement at the recommendations."

-- Apparently the two parties agreed NOT to implement what ever mail count process was created ( if any! ).

-- Anyone remember seeing any proposed new method for counting a count back in 2004?

-- IMHO -- Also set a precedence for basically ignoring an Arbitrator's orders.

At least Wells used the word "should"... "...The process should begin no later than..."

The time study MOU upped their game to say "will"...

I guess we'll see if it "will" make any diff...

Really... we can quote all of the "wills" and "should" contained in any current or previous contract... but they mean NOTHING... just words to be ignored, or twisted to fit the latest whim on how to screw the workers (us)...

Example: "will be implement by May 2015..."

LOL... proof that the contracts are not worth the paper they are written on... might as well just hang them on the $#!+-house walls... probably wouldn't even make good TP... :poop:

Has anybody heard ANYTHING about the subject of this thread???

Do you think we'll be doing route inspections anytime soon, even if no count???

Inquiring minds wanna know... :whistle:

Last edited:
Our office never does route inspections without a count. It’s hard enough for mgmt to get them done when we do have a count.

I've heard talk of the next round of driving evaluations being done but nothing about route evaluations. My understanding is nothing was in the old contract for a count.

Back