• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Forcing Sunday amazon delivery on an Aux route RCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MailTime

I have a 6 day Aux route about 3 1/2 hrs a day, just got told I have to head to a hub this Sunday to deliver amazon which doesn't even cover my town. (my town has no Sunday delivery). Add to that I'm told I will need to take a day off on my route to make up for that Sunday. So I am giving up a day I get time toward sick and vacation to do someone that gives me neither. Just wondering my options or if this has been discussed before. Thanks

I have a 6 day Aux route about 3 1/2 hrs a day, just got told I have to head to a hub this Sunday to deliver amazon which doesn't even cover my town. (my town has no Sunday delivery). Add to that I'm told I will need to take a day off on my route to make up for that Sunday. So I am giving up a day I get time toward sick and vacation to do someone that gives me neither. Just wondering my options or if this has been discussed before. Thanks

Grievance! Sundays do not count towards your 6-day workweek & mgmt cannot force a sub to take off for working a Sunday when it comes to their Primary. Contact your Union Rep ASAP!

MailTime -- "I have a 6 day Aux route about 3 1/2 hrs a day, just got told I have to head to a hub this Sunday to deliver amazon which doesn't even cover my town. (my town has no Sunday delivery). Add to that I'm told I will need to take a day off on my route to make up for that Sunday. "

-- For starters, how many RCA's and ARC's in your office?

-- Politely ( or other wise ) ask to see manglement's reference for taking a day off.

-- Guessing you did not sign up for the Volunteer List to work Sunday Delivery, but did sign the Non-Volunteer List. The office does have such lists, doesn't it?

-- As "gotstamps" noted, contact your Assistant District Representative and have him / her bring along the MOU for Sunday/Holiday Parcel Delivery Work List ( now Step 4 ( S-106)). While in the office, have the ADR ask to see the Office's Volunteer and Non-Volunteer Lists for Sunday parcel delivery per Article 30.2.P ( in part: The Employer WILL make every "reasonable" effort to AVOID requiring substitutes, RCA's, and RCR's NOT ON the list to work ). If manglement can't produce the list(s), grievance time.

-- In the mean time, get a hold of Step 4 ( S-106 ). Search for "Sunday" in RI's KNOWLEDGEBASE Section at the top of the page.

In part: If there is an insufficient number of leave replacements on the Volunteer List, manglement will schedule leave replacements from the Non-Volunteer List, also on a ROTATING BASIS.

-- On the down side, unless you are doing a lot of assistance on other routes in your office, your 3.5 day Aux route should not be nearing 40 hours for the week.

Charlie Brown. Are you sure of that? Our pm refuses to pay the mileage to the hub for the rcas on Amazon sundays. It is over 15 miles from our office and the subs live on the far side of our office. Anything I can point to regarding that?

Charlie Brown. Are you sure of that? Our pm refuses to pay the mileage to the hub for the rcas on Amazon sundays. It is over 15 miles from our office and the subs live on the far side of our office. Anything I can point to regarding that?
Go to the top of this page and click on knowledgebase, then search "Temporary duty station over 50 miles" (don't worry about the 50 mile thing just read the grievance. Print out a few copies and give one to your PM. If the PM doesn't want to pay then grieve.

Go to "Leave replacements" scroll down to "Travel Pay for Sunday AMAZON" under EthelAnnes post is the correct MOU that I printed out and included it with a filled out 1164. I was paid for all my travel miles in December after I was told I wouldn’t be paid. I printed out lots of extras to hand out next time I go to the hub.

Last edited:
Go to the top of this page and click on knowledgebase, then search "Temporary duty station over 50 miles" (don't worry about the 50 mile thing just read the grievance. Print out a few copies and give one to your PM. If the PM doesn't want to pay then grieve.

I read the info in knowledgebase. It says if required to travel to a duty station, my PM says that because I am seeking work (I volunteer to work Amazon Sundays) I am not being required to , then no mileage to and from primary PO.
What say ye now?

I read the info in knowledgebase. It says if required to travel to a duty station, my PM says that because I am seeking work (I volunteer to work Amazon Sundays) I am not being required to , then no mileage to and from primary PO.
What say ye now?

Try to un-volunteer and see what happens, all of a sudden you will be voluntold that you will have to work Amazon Sunday's! Maybe that's your answer with your PM, tell him / her to take you off the list then you will paid mileage because you will be seeking the day off. :LOL:

Try to un-volunteer and see what happens, all of a sudden you will be voluntold that you will have to work Amazon Sunday's! Maybe that's your answer with your PM, tell him / her to take you off the list then you will paid mileage because you will be seeking the day off. :LOL:
Well I am not working in my Primary PO, we do not Amazon Sundays. But I understand what you are are saying about voluntold. Thanks

The RCA in my office quit because of this. So guess what, it doesn't get delivered on Sundays anymore, I get to do it all for free on Monday. It gets forced on whoever is dumb enough to stick around. i.e. me.
You should not be delivering Sunday Amazon parcels for free. That is not part of the route evaluation. You should be paid extra for any Sunday Amazon you deliver on Monday. Call your assistant district representative they can grieve this and get you paid.

The RCA in my office quit because of this. So guess what, it doesn't get delivered on Sundays anymore, I get to do it all for free on Monday. It gets forced on whoever is dumb enough to stick around. i.e. me.
One of the reasons we have no subs that stay. The Amazon allows no days off for the few RCAs that are left. People do want to have time to live their life. No leave, no days off, table two, three, four pay. Need I go on? Does this sound like a job you would take today? I would say no.

Management does have the right to schedule aux carriers on Sunday, if and only if there is not enough coverage.
Sorry, but for Auxiliary RCAs there is no “if and only if”. That “if“ applies ONLY to Designation 74 & pre-74 a.k.a. “Hold-down” RCAs.

Aux route RCAs are to be in the rotation with the other RCAs & that’s due to the low hours of an Aux route. If a sub is scheduled for 40 hrs or more, mgmt MAY skip that RCA in rotation. This rule would work for a large Aux route sub.

The PO hires RCA's just to run SAT mail. That was on the job description. Only guaranteed Saturdays (lol).
Why don't they hire people just to work Sundays. Put it on the job description. SUNDAY PACKAGE RUNNER. No Academy, No RHD drive vehicle required..just your std vehicle. Hire gobs of them. Teachers, Students, etc would love that job because it is decent part time supplemental income and fits their schedule.

If RCAs got at least one day off a week (Sundays), they'd be a helluva more likely to stay.

Are those in upper management so stupid. Just copy what the private sector is doing that WORKS. There is a reason they are doing it...because it makes them money. duh.

The PO hires RCA's just to run SAT mail. That was on the job description. Only guaranteed Saturdays (lol).
Why don't they hire people just to work Sundays. Put it on the job description. SUNDAY PACKAGE RUNNER. No Academy, No RHD drive vehicle required..just your std vehicle. Hire gobs of them. Teachers, Students, etc would love that job because it is decent part time supplemental income and fits their schedule.

If RCAs got at least one day off a week (Sundays), they'd be a helluva more likely to stay.

Are those in upper management so stupid. Just copy what the private sector is doing that WORKS. There is a reason they are doing it...because it makes them money. duh.
That's what the ARC position is and they use LLVs, vans, etc. They get very limited academy, not the full blown "experience". They are limited to Sundays (and I think very rarely Saturdays, but only packages) and without the exception of MOU 13. :)

One of the reasons we have no subs that stay. The Amazon allows no days off for the few RCAs that are left. People do want to have time to live their life. No leave, no days off, table two, three, four pay. Need I go on? Does this sound like a job you would take today? I would say no.
I have been forced to go in on to a hub 5times in the last 11 weeks, I have my own aux route plus sub on Saturdays plus my aux route!!! I’m getting pretty sick of it, I’ve been with the post office 3 and half years, and only seems to be getting worse and worse everyday!!! I’ve literally worked 91 days out of last 94!!! So much for a vacation or a life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back