Formula office K day change on a whim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntress

Best answers
Hi
Im the junior carrier in a 3 route formula office. the route I bid on and won has Saturday as a K day
The senior carrier has Tuesday
the 2nd carrier has Monday
The Senior wants Monday and the 2nd carrier wants Saturday and they want me bumped off Saturday
She asked the PM to make the change but nothing has been done yet
I was under the Understanding that the K day belongs to the route not the carrier and changes can only be made if the formula needs to be recalculated due to a shortage of RCA'S and too many carriers having the same day off
We have 1 Rca that is transferring to our office and 1 RCA in academy who hasn't started yet and none of us carriers share the same day off
can they Bump me off Saturday just because someone else wants that day? What are the rules on this? I read the contract but I wasn't clear on what circumstances would allow for a recalculation.
Thank you for the help

Morty

Best answers
Management can re calculate the formula. If you vacated the RCA position. Then that is all it takes to use the formula. Sorry, the senior and 2nd will get their days...which is fair.

So decide which day you want. Tue, Wed, Thur will get you an incentive $$$. Or Fri or a rotating Fri/Sat is an option.

glen

Best answers
I don't think they can bump you off your Saturday if formula is opened .I asked the same question a few months ago many people said they can't bump a junior carrier off their day.

Best answers
Not sure but....If you bid on a route with a sat you should not be bumped. If they wanted the sat they should of bid on the route. I can't see that every time they need to re- formulate everyone picks new days. That doesn't sound right to me.

marked

Best answers
Not sure but....If you bid on a route with a sat you should not be bumped. If they wanted the sat they should of bid on the route. I can't see that every time they need to re- formulate everyone picks new days. That doesn't sound right to me.
Seniority takes precedence, the relief day on the listing means nothing under formula. They listed what the previous carrier had. You cannot bid for a relief day in a formula office.

Huntress

Best answers
what is the time limit to recalculate after a qualifying event?
I have been a regular for more than 30 days is it too late to recalculate based on my becoming regular?
also when our 2 new rcas are added to the mix doesn't that open up another Saturday in the formula anyway??
I personally would rather have Thursdays but the incentive for volunteering for a weekday does not apply when the formula is recalculated due to a ptf going regular according to the contract.
But if the time limit for a recalculation has passed does that mean i can qualify for the route growth incentive if its recalculated due to rca's being added as opposed to me going regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.