General Wage Increases (GWI) and Cost-of-Living Raises (COLA)

Ruralinfo

Administrator
Staff member
The USPS will bring all salary schedules current (both GWI and COLA adjustments) required under the 2018-2021 National Agreement on August 17, 2019 PP 18-2019 and will be reflected in the paycheck received on September 6, 2019. In accordance with...

Continue reading...

DB.Cooper

Frozen said it was $600+ clams for this July 2019 COLA, and almost $300 smackers for July 2018, even after they ripped us off... and then throw in the wage increase, retroactively... just sayin'... that's a few cheeseburgers... 🍔 and some fries too... 🍟

Last edited:

formerlyknownas

I gotta say I love getting these notices via text and then seeing what everyone says:) I couldn't take a pic fast enough and send it out to my fellow carriers that for some reason can't find the time to come to this wonderful website.

Shafted

There’s those familiar words “as soon as administratively practical” again. RCA’s got hosed, with smoke blown up their asses last time. Wanna bet, SSDD?

martian

So what are we talking here??? Maybe an extra $1.000 grand or so in that check???? 🤑
Sorry. Closer to $45.00 before deductions for me. The USPS is not paying out the back pay now. This is only making the changes going forward. My increase for the 2018 COLA and GWI is $1180 per year. You need to divide that by 26 to get the increase per paycheck.

martian

"as soon as administratively possible." Or something like that. In other words, likely in a couple of months. Hopefully by the end of the year. But who knows???

I would hope they would have it paid prior to the Thanksgiving. Can't imagine much will get done between Thanksgiving and the New Year as far as payroll adjustments are concerned.

tabletwoblues

Frozen said it was $600+ clams for this July 2019 COLA, and almost $300 smackers for July 2018, even after they ripped us off... and then throw in the wage increase, retroactively... just sayin'... that's a few cheeseburgers... 🍔 and some fries too... 🍟
that extra 6000 dollars a year on table one over 12 years adds up to a mountain of burgers and fries

gotstamps

The July 2019 COLA doesn’t go into effect until August 31- PP19. The Pay Schedule listed is the current rate of pay that will begin this Saturday, August 17. It contains the November 2018 raise AND the July 2018 COLA. No date for the backpay as of yet.

FrozenToes

Just rough estimates.
Table 1 40K Step 1 would get about $220 back pay from the July 2018 COLA ( 25 pay periods) and $442 back pay from the general wage increase ( 19 pay periods).
Table 1 46 K Step 12 would be $270 from the July 2018 COLA and $686 from the general increase.
Figures don't include if you worked your relief day and chose either DACA 3 or 5.

Last edited:

Skierstmoritz

Just rough estimates.
Table 1 40K Step 1 would get about $220 back pay from the July 2018 COLA ( 25 pay periods) and $442 back pay from the general wage increase ( 19 pay periods).
Table 1 46 K Step 12 would be $270 from the July 2018 COLA and $686 from the general increase.
What would table 2 40k get.......A lot of us are on step 1 or 2