Google maps

uselesshasbeen

Best answers
Just guessing here, of course. But is the barn the largest structure on the property?
Suspect that since it is Google that it is untouched by human hands, and a algorithm made that decision.
Not sure how it could affect RRECS since it is supposed to be based on what the GPS sees and what you point it to, not based on any assumptions at all.
By the way, would I want Google to identify my bunker with a red bubble?

stillfirstclass

Best answers
Just for fun, I googled my own home. Google's little red bubble has my barn marked as my home...NOT my house...
Just think how this effects the information transferred to our rrecs system...smh
lol and not judging, js. your home isn't on wheels is it? jeff foxworthy; "if your brother in law asks you to help him move, and your job is to put the hitch and wheels on", you just might be a redneck!

Windindaface

Best answers
Google maps and the GPS the Machine uses are way off. I did the proactive thing for backing recording all points on certain roads where I pull in and back out for retreat. I still show up on daily reports for backing 60+ feet deep in the woods for a location that does not have a home or a road to it.

Haychica

Best answers
Just guessing here, of course. But is the barn the largest structure on the property?
Suspect that since it is Google that it is untouched by human hands, and a algorithm made that decision.
Not sure how it could affect RRECS since it is supposed to be based on what the GPS sees and what you point it to, not based on any assumptions at all.
By the way, would I want Google to identify my bunker with a red bubble?
Thanks for the info...the buildings are appx the same size...how does the" GPS" figure out how far SOMETHING is..I'm sorry..smh..I don't know how these things work

Bucknadhand

Best answers
This is one of the problems we have when we’re forced to mark our packages and use the stupid copilot on Sunday. It cant distinguish houses from left or right side, you blow past multiple houses to deliver to one house just to turn around n do those house. Never mind the safety aspect of looking up and down at it besides the road.

the mapping is beyond outdated it wants you to deliver to fields. But hey it’s mandatory and their being payed to use it. Never mind our safety and how much time you waste marking packages and using software for routes you can run better. (Oh and the constant left turns)

uselesshasbeen

Best answers
Not knowing much about it I can only say that a map is a map and GPS is Global Positioning System (or something like that).

When I first drove with a navigational system and actually had it on, though I wasn't using it, I found it showed me driving through a field (open space, not road). This was because GPS accurately tracked me, but the map was outdated as they had actually changed the road significantly to match up 2 roads that were forming a T with one road a couple hundred feet apart.

GPS simply locates a point and assigns it coordinates, with varying degrees of proficiency.

I'm guessing Google maps creates outlines seen in one view for structures based on what is seen in satellite view. Also probably using an algorithm
that identifies structures by size and shape and places them by using GPS.

Is barn closer to road? Are there other structures on property? Have a creek as a line on your property? I suspect that property lines shown on maps are derived from coordinates provided by your county assessor office (or reasonable facsimile). As usual I can only guess.

Haychica

Best answers
Not knowing much about it I can only say that a map is a map and GPS is Global Positioning System (or something like that).

When I first drove with a navigational system and actually had it on, though I wasn't using it, I found it showed me driving through a field (open space, not road). This was because GPS accurately tracked me, but the map was outdated as they had actually changed the road significantly to match up 2 roads that were forming a T with one road a couple hundred feet apart.

GPS simply locates a point and assigns it coordinates, with varying degrees of proficiency.

I'm guessing Google maps creates outlines seen in one view for structures based on what is seen in satellite view. Also probably using an algorithm
that identifies structures by size and shape and places them by using GPS.

Is barn closer to road? Are there other structures on property? Have a creek as a line on your property? I suspect that property lines shown on maps are derived from coordinates provided by your county assessor office (or reasonable facsimile). As usual I can only guess.
The interesting thing is, that the surveyed outline of the property is accurate.

Bucknadhand

Best answers
Im assuming everyone else has to use that silly co pilot thing on Sundays? We get told its mandatory, its another one of those things that I don't see any verbiage on. Its just a huge time waster as now our Sunday start time is 11 because they only bring in three clerks and its the jv team so there super slow, especially more so since they don't even mark the parcels like they used to