Has the PO ever called a sept count?

We were counted in February 2018. I was a 45K & after count it came in above 48K got cut to a low 43K and still there. Average 100 scans a day now & 75 miles with 552 boxes. No recount in September and route was changed a lot. 152 boxes of new area was added and lost about 100 boxes. I thought that all routes that had over a 2 hour change was to have that special count in Sept. Well, it didn't happen so I'm still delivering Amazon with no real count.

LostinDakota

I've been told USPS would have to figure a huge gain in order to call a special count. The Amazon shenanigans went per office not per district. Some of them got counted then round 2 came in after count in my district. Seems the off the interstate towns got reamed by azon first...around here anyway.
I am sure that USPS already knows how much actual mail will appear in late September and will decide accordingly. It is pretty expensive for them to conduct a count so they have to make a big savings on our counts in order to make it worthwhile. Our local Amazon package count continues to grow daily, and hasn't dropped much since Christmas. Christmas packages are just a whole lot larger.

FrozenToes

We were counted in February 2018. I was a 45K & after count it came in above 48K got cut to a low 43K and still there. Average 100 scans a day now & 75 miles with 552 boxes. No recount in September and route was changed a lot. 152 boxes of new area was added and lost about 100 boxes. I thought that all routes that had over a 2 hour change was to have that special count in Sept. Well, it didn't happen so I'm still delivering Amazon with no real count.
Read Article 9.2.C.11 ( page 36) for the answer.

Haychica

Jess -- "Ive always done February counts. When was the last time the PO called for a count?"

-- There were September counts in 2011 and 2012.

-- Arbitration began in October 2011 and Clarke's award came out in July 2012 and the first count was scheduled for FEB-MAR 2013, so the USPS must have called for the September counts.

" The anticipation is killing me!"

-- Just wait for RRECS!
Fwiw...I'm not waiting for rrecs to kill me...😔

Haychica

I am sure that USPS already knows how much actual mail will appear in late September and will decide accordingly. It is pretty expensive for them to conduct a count so they have to make a big savings on our counts in order to make it worthwhile. Our local Amazon package count continues to grow daily, and hasn't dropped much since Christmas. Christmas packages are just a whole lot larger.
Ours has dropped ... ..we are in the Philly district..we had a visit from customer connect yesterday..stated that Amazon pulled out of USPS COMPLETELY in California...apparently bc they couldn't scan CORRECTLY...😔

FrozenToes

Ours has dropped ... ..we are in the Philly district..we had a visit from customer connect yesterday..stated that Amazon pulled out of USPS COMPLETELY in California...apparently bc they couldn't scan CORRECTLY...😔
I call bs.
Amazon has usually started most of their initiatives in California.
Amazon has always been going towards doing their own deliveries.
USPS has always been hounding us on scans. Sure blame the carriers.
I don't see UPS picking up the slack. Fedex is out of the game soon.
I'm pretty sure carriers from California have talked about delivering Amazon on this forum.

Last edited:

martian

Maybe actually pay me for delivering the Amazon parcels and maybe I would actually care about the scans. Kind of like the scan flats, then letters scam. Got credit for 4 per week during count. USPS gets 4 per week the rest of the year until the next count. Not working for free any more. PS, it is no different than working off the clock.

WestCoastRural

I am from CA. I deliver in a high intensity city. Our amazon packages did drop by half but by no means we are out of Amazon. Whatever your customer connect person is saying is bs. Not sure what that person trying to say...

Skierstmoritz

I am from CA. I deliver in a high intensity city. Our amazon packages did drop by half but by no means we are out of Amazon. Whatever your customer connect person is saying is bs. Not sure what that person trying to say...
Called my sister who lives in CA. Big Amazon fan. Asked her about that 5 min ago. She said 2 days ago her mail person delivered her Amazon, just like always

csparks

I am delivering amazon now...
Wondering if the Prime delivery thing has kinda maxed itself out. As in, they cannot hire and retain people to keep pace with their increase in sales--so partially back to USPS to get the job done.

Could be the new trend. Some offices lose Amazon (then get counted) only to have it resume when their drivers prove unreliable.

RDruckus

The back to school Amazon has been brutal all week.

We have had Amazon drivers here for about a month. I wish they'd deliver all their own stuff.

We are underpaid even for the ones we are paid for.

Haychica

Ok thanks...nice to hear from you!...maybe he was just trying to emphasize the seriousness of the P.O. situation and how fragile it is...probably one of those whisper down the lane comments..repeating something he heard and putting his own spin on it...I'll mention it to him..

I call bs.
Amazon has usually started most of their initiatives in California.
Amazon has always been going towards doing their own deliveries.
USPS has always been hounding us on scans. Sure blame the carriers.
I don't see UPS picking up the slack. Fedex is out of the game soon.
I'm pretty sure carriers from California have talked about delivering Amazon on this forum.
Im from Northern Calif and we get lg drop from Amazon every morning......every fringgn morning!

WestCoastRural

Probably more so in the rural areas where hiring and retaining people is more difficult since less people to go around.

Out here, hiring is not a problem except when you are the PO. I don’t know how high is their turnover rate is but I do see a lot new faces driving amazon trucks on my route all the time so that tells me the turnover rate is high.

Last edited:

Bleostic

In the end you get what you pay for.. so in order to get perfect delivery scores and scans Amazon will have to pay their delivery boys more to retain them and keep customers happy. They'll probably will realize at some point that it might be cheaper to stay with USPS. Most customers I've heard aren't very happy with Amazon's motley delivery crew..

csparks

The rumor that reached me yesterday was that there will be no mail count in Sept or Feb. Apparently, ignorance is going to be their excuse for the Amazon crush put on some offices.

RDruckus

PMG announced at our convention that there would be no nationwide count in September.

I read it here, click on "what's new" on gray bar above, just to the right of the word "home."