• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Help... Need some advice..

witchy7

I recently just returned to work after 3 months. I was fired for a bogus reason because my supervisor has it in for me. It's been 2 weeks n she still is giving me a hard time. I am keeping my mouth shut n doing my job but the harrassment is really getting to me. I have worked here for over 23 years n I shouldn't have to put up with this treatment. Just wondering what I can do.

EEO for the retaliation. Don’t be a victim, do it. This super clearly isn’t going to stop, and is doubling down, and is hell bent that you got your job back. This person clearly is trying to see if you’re going to sheepishly take it, or stand up. If you don’t stand up, it’s open season, and you are the hunted.

I feel your pain. I had a spotless record for over 20 years, my PM didn't fire me but she sure tried for about 4 years and yes it can get old quick and the abuse can get unbearable. I will tell you what I did.

The first mistake I made was sucking it up for much to long, didn't complain or tell anyone outside the local PO, if I had it to do over I would have started filing EEO's much sooner. It is amazing how things start to happen when it starts to cost the Postal Service money.

Document Document Document, call the 1-800 harassment hotline (every District has one), during the National Convention the PMG told us to report abuse to her office, I would write a letter and Document the abuse some more. Call the EAP and make an appointment for Stress this cost the Postal Service money. File a EEO. File a Grievance and cite MOU 14. And if your office doesn't have a local Union steward, well you already have a target on your back get yourself elected.

The PM in my case had lied to the POOM so much about me they thought I was the devil, I had the title of trouble maker and was on my way out the door, I did go out the door but it was to hold it open for the worthless piece of crap PM that totally upended my life for 4 years.....PM is gone now. Please keep yourself calm. There is life after a abusive PM.

EAP for starts.

ELM 665.44. If pets are starting early, and the PM signs off on falsification. Time to inform the OIG. (That's my next blackmail) that's after you write a formal complaint 1st.

Document even nitpicky stuff. A memo flip book, daily log.

EEO, easy stuff. Clogs up the works. Involve the poom, they sign off on the harassment.

Tyrant PM took a swing at my head, and on another occasion lunged across a desk at a city carrier. This jackass thought he was untouchable. He moved around doing the mgt. “whack-a-mole” gig popping up here, there, and everywhere getting his ass in a sling wherever he went. Somehow made POOM, then got a rude awakening when his ass got demoted waaaaay down to a level 18.

witch7 -- If you don't have an office steward, request your Assistant District Representative pay the office a visit.

-- You can show the ADR your documentation.

-- Then you, the ADR, and the supervisor can go to the office bulletin board to review the various USPS policy statements on Workplace Harassment, Bullying, the NO FEAR Act, Zero Tolerance, and hopefully the contract's MOU #14. File a grievance if all of the policy statements are not posted.

-- Ask the supervisor if he is ready for an EEO complaint?

-- Have the supervisor or ADR bring along the ELM's Section 665 -- Postal Service Standards of Conduct.

Back