• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

How long should it take a new RCA to learn a route?

Maybe you can find some help in these three: :)

What three? I only see two.

I honestly have not accepted the reality completely. It’s so rough. I don’t believe we deserve what we go through sometimes. But I have to accept it. I am not Einstein or Brad Pitt. Gonna have to deal with it. ?
From your line of posts, I see your manager has issues that go beyond supervising craft. Putting kneejerk unecessary stress between an employee and the task is the biggest fail for any supervisor. Their day will come. Continue to hang tough...at the end of the day it's all a financial arrangement.

1:

2:

3:

@Orpah ^^^ :)

You got this, brother/sister. If you want it, you can do it. That’s one thing about this job. Pretty much anyone can do it if they want it. There are all walks of life in my office. There’s only one thing we all have in common: we are all really hard workers. Even the laziest person at our office had no choice but to bust it. Once you accept the reality of the job, it helps to make things easier. For me, I’m there to do my job and that’s it. Then I go home and enjoy my life outside of the place.
Keep us posted. You’ll be in high demand. Stick it out and it won’t be long before you’re a fixture in your office and will be the glue holding it all together. They’re gonna rely on you. Coworkers may not say it, but they won’t be able to know for a fact that they have respect for you.
Absolutely true. This job, like most, is a place where hard work is the big factor.

I gather that most here have noisy managers/know-it-alls to contend with also. Filter that BS out, and try to pick up tidbits from people that you recognize have their act together. Then, concentrate and it will work out. You're just not going to be great for several weeks, so don't get hang-dogged by anyone that demands it.

Absolutely true. This job, like most, is a place where hard work is the big factor.

I gather that most here have noisy managers/know-it-alls to contend with also. Filter that BS out, and try to pick up tidbits from people that you recognize have their act together. Then, concentrate and it will work out. You're just not going to be great for several weeks, so don't get hang-dogged by anyone that demands it.
I've never heard that term "hang-dogged"

(hæŋdɒg, US -dɔːg) also hang-dog adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If you say that someone has a hangdog expression on their face, you mean that they look sad, and often guilty or ashamed. 'Everybody missed her,' Stan said with a hangdog look.

I've never heard that term "hang-dogged"

(hæŋdɒg, US -dɔːg) also hang-dog adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun] If you say that someone has a hangdog expression on their face, you mean that they look sad, and often guilty or ashamed. 'Everybody missed her,' Stan said with a hangdog look.
At the time I knew it was borderline, but its so darn visual.

Back