How or where do I find what step I am on

btdtret

Southerngal -- "Aux route for 11 years and August this year will be 2 years as a regular....how do I know what step I am on? "

-- Form 50, Line 61 - Grade/Step

Southerngal

Southerngal -- "Aux route for 11 years and August this year will be 2 years as a regular....how do I know what step I am on? "

-- Form 50, Line 61 - Grade/Step
Mine shows 00/A on line 61 ....that is the very first step correct? so the 11 years as an Aux Carrier didn't count...shouldn't my time started when I became an aux? Article 9.1.D Granting Step Increases

Last edited:

C$$

Mine shows 00/A on line 61 ....that is the very first step correct? so the 11 years as an Aux Carrier didn't count...shouldn't my time started when I became an aux? Article 9.1.D Granting Step Increases

I'll take a go at it. The section you are referring to is:
D. Granting Step Increases
1. For regular, part-time flexible, substitute, and auxiliary rural carriers in Step A through 11 of Table One, the step progression shall be as follows

Just above it at 9.1.B.3 (New Regular Carrier Appointees) we have:
"Rural carrier associates who were hired between August 7, 1991, and November 20, 2010, and served continuously thereafter will be appointed at Step A (Table One)."

Were you getting step increases while you were the Aux route carrier?

Southerngal

I'll take a go at it. The section you are referring to is:

Just above it at 9.1.B.3 (New Regular Carrier Appointees) we have:

Were you getting step increases while you were the Aux route carrier?
I have form 50's in the past that have 05/Y on line 61

MNPostman

Can see your step on Liteblue>>>eOPF>>>PS 50

Looks like your Table 1? You should be getting a nice bump in pay soon, around June, as you go to step B.

I don't think step increases count on aux. At least it didn't for me. That's one of the beni's of being a regular. If I'm wrong please advise so I can start kicking some back side...:devilish:

btdtret

All -- It is the PTF's and not AUX carriers who have have their own Step Increases which are listed at the bottom of the pay schedules.

-- RCA's have all kinds of Designations.

-- I'll bet the Auxiliary Rural Carrier cited is actually Designation Code 77 -- Persons hired prior to 1981 to serve an auxiliary route without time limitation. ( anyone?? )

Charlie Brown

I'll try and clear this up for you. Yes you were assigned to and carried an Aux. route but you were NOT an auxiliary rural carrier. (des. 77) That was a title and designation used in the past, like rural carrier relief, (des. 75) substitute rural carrier, (des 73) temporary rural carrier, (des. 70) and now a new one, assistant rural carrier. (des. 70-5) As an RCA your designation was 78 until you hit leave earning status on the Aux. and then it was changed to 79

Postal-xam@58

As Charlie said there were designations, that used to be used. I know how confusing it can be. Each one is different in how they were used and it’s real easy to be reading rules and as a RCA, trying to see what applies to you.
I remember when I had my first aux route, I did a lot of reading trying to find out my rights. All these designations sound alike and I would think I had found answers to my questions, only to have my boss tell me it didn’t apply to me.
There was no use to ask the other carriers they were regulars and they did not know the rules for Aux. Not because they didn’t want to help, but because the rules for regulars are different.

If the post office is good at anything, it’s keeping you in the dark.

This site helped me more than anything.

As best as I can remember I got no step increases as an RCA on an Aux. An Aux route has to grow to 42 hrs. before it will go regular and count toward retirement.

AUX routes earn sick leave and annual leave, but nothing toward retirement.

There is a bill in Congress that would allow RCAS to buy back their time as RCAs, maybe it will pass one day.