Hurricane Zeta

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
It got us really bad. I went outside my house this morning to assess the damage to my house. It's bad but nothing like hurricane Katrina back in 2005.

The mail doesent stop. The plant people didn't have to go in until 7 this morning and us carriers are to report at 10:30 this morning.
Don't know what we will be delivering as there are trees, power poles, power lines down and debris EVERYWHERE. Don't have a clue when we will get electricity restored.
It will be a scary day to be delivering today. Overnight we had a storm surge of about 9 ft. Hopefully it has receeded by the time I get started but even if the all the water is gone I will still have to drive my POV through all that crap!

btdtret

All -- Sure, it has been rough on rural carriers around the country this year, but take a couple moments to say a prayer for all the folks in Louisiana as they had 5 tropical systems make landfall this season -- which is not over with yet! In total, there have been 8 landfalling systems around the Gulf coast states this year. As TS ZETA exits the scene, a new area of interest is moving through the Southern Lesser Antilles into the Eastern Caribbean.

Cliff Clavin -- drive and deliver safely -- don't become a statistic!

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
All -- Sure, it has been rough on rural carriers around the country this year, but take a couple moments to say a prayer for all the folks in Louisiana as they had 5 tropical systems make landfall this season -- which is not over with yet! In total, there have been 8 landfalling systems around the Gulf coast states this year. As TS ZETA exits the scene, a new area of interest is moving through the Southern Lesser Antilles into the Eastern Caribbean.

Cliff Clavin -- drive and deliver safely -- don't become a statistic!
Gee! I got lucky. Went in and was told that we would not have to work because of the power lines, power poles, trees & all kinds of other debris was all over the town.

I got the day off with pay! Maybe the PO has a heart after all. :unsure: