I Bet You All Forgot About This One

hunchback

Sometime, probably over a year ago now, the NRLCA lost a Step 4 Grievance about the USPS insistence that they CAN FORCE RCA's to fill in at other offices not linked to there office or RMPO etc.

I never heard if this went to Arbitration or if the NRLCA just gave up.

My fear is this will be negotiated in to the new contract offer.

When OBAMA CARE was to be voted on Nancy Pelosi famously said "We have to vote on the bill to find out what is in it"

Like wise we had to vote on the last contract and then wait to find out what was in it, since admittedly it was not completely written prior to submitting it to the membership for a vote.

RCA's reading this be VERY CAREFUL about voting for a contract that is not completely written, you may get a little surprise like this later.

Also Regulars who still have RCA's in your office be VERY CAREFUL about voting for a contract not completely written, you may get a surprise to...

How many RCA's will quit if forced to travel up to 50 miles to fill in on a route, in an office they don't know.

And one more for the Regulars, remember that MOU that let you Volunteer to Work Sunday, During The Christmas Period, and then Regulars were forced to work
Sundays ?

Just a few words deleted from our contract could make Regulars fair game for Sunday Amazon all year long.

Be Very Careful

hunchback

Does anyone remember what was written into the contract... after the vote on the last contract?

Well for starters Auxiliary route carriers opting for the 6 day Auxiliary Option had the language changed so they could be utilized on any route after completing their auxiliary route.

Of course the USPS immediately did 2 things:

Enforced the order making the Auxiliary carriers help on other routes

AND

IGNORED the the language that said "after completing their Auxiliary Route"

Many have posted here they were pulled off the Auxiliary route to run a full route so a newbie could do the Auxiliary route, or for any reason manglement deemed appropriate.

The USPS started ignoring half the new agreed apon language before the ink was dry.

That was a great piece of negotiating wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

hunchback

Sometime, probably over a year ago now, the NRLCA lost a Step 4 Grievance about the USPS insistence that they CAN FORCE RCA's to fill in at other offices not linked to there office or RMPO etc.

CHANGING MY NAME TO NASTRADAMUS

Punkie5

When OBAMA CARE was to be voted on Nancy Pelosi famously said "We have to vote on the bill to find out what is in it"

Like wise we had to vote on the last contract and then wait to find out what was in it, since admittedly it was not completely written prior to submitting it to the membership for a vote.

RCA's reading this be VERY CAREFUL about voting for a contract that is not completely written, you may get a little surprise like this later.

Also Regulars who still have RCA's in your office be VERY CAREFUL about voting for a contract not completely written, you may get a surprise to...

How many RCA's will quit if forced to travel up to 50 miles to fill in on a route, in an office they don't know.

And one more for the Regulars, remember that MOU that let you Volunteer to Work Sunday, During The Christmas Period, and then Regulars were forced to work
Sundays ?

Just a few words deleted from our contract could make Regulars fair game for Sunday Amazon all year long.

Be Very Careful
Mou, smou.....im still waiting to get paid for my volunteer work done around Christmas....the.A holes we work with,
No one is going to volunteer next Christmas because of same, they will be screwed and customers will suffer because of it. Way to go P.O., way to go!

Charlie Brown

Sundays ?

Be Very Careful
While I agree with you the rank and file needs to be careful about possible wording changes that could be made to the contract I do have a small correction to your analogy.
Nancy Pelosi said (while speaking to the National Association of Counties legislative session in Washington) "We have to pass this bill so YOU can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy" A conservative group opposed to the ACA took that, changed one word and shortened it to become the Nancy Pelosi "famously" said quote. I just wanted to put that out there since it looks like you (just like me) try to post accurate and honest info here.

I'm on an aux route and I get pulled off it all the time. I use to get pi$$ed off I would cuss em out. On top of that, I was working 6 days a week and then the occasional Amazon Sunday.
Right now I'm on my 10th day in a row. Which is funny because they say we are not allowed to be working over 7 straight.

Morty

This WILL happen:

District will force all offices on formula. Only Tue, Wed, Thur relief days. It will be so overwhelming that NRLCA will give up to go along.

Since the formula sheet does not provide for the, every office gets at least one route with Saturday relief. They will eliminate Saturday relief days. Only the fighters will grieve. Maybe 2%? The rest will cry, but accept it.

Mngt justification will be so that they can more easily cover weekend leave.

FrozenToes

This WILL happen:

District will force all offices on formula. Only Tue, Wed, Thur relief days. It will be so overwhelming that NRLCA will give up to go along.

Since the formula sheet does not provide for the, every office gets at least one route with Saturday relief. They will eliminate Saturday relief days. Only the fighters will grieve. Maybe 2%? The rest will cry, but accept it.

Mngt justification will be so that they can more easily cover weekend leave.
Read the contract Article 9.2.C.5.c page 26.

Our DR says file grievance if RCA is told they need to cover a route that is not part of their APO/RMPO system. If they volunteer and get paid mileage to go to another office that is permissible.

Skierstmoritz

A quick career search on the USPS website reveals 61 career openings in my home state (Missouri), 4 CCA openings and 47 RCA openings. Hmm I wonder why nobody wants to be an RCA??!! 🤔😣
Not surprised. Where we are the rca shortage is so acute that when a regular calls out, more often than not coverage is provided by out of office ccas. Another office just posted a district-wide vacancy. Turns out the rcas in the office, (there are a few) don't want to bid on the route and take a pay cut. Sign of things to come? Those rcas are making close to 22/hr and get ot