• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

I got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am walking into work today with the knowledge I am carrying my rt snd then might have to carry parts of another rt. This is nothing I want to do and I know I don't have to do it, but I will do it. I will do it because I respect the Carrier that is off and I want to see her rt covered by a way in which I would hope my coworkers would cover my route if I wasn't available.
This scenerio could happen for the next 4 days.
i absolutely love your attitude! but.. we are our own worse enemy... the rural craft has been saying for so long, just stay back and let me get it done.. that rca's are treated so poorly... js

PTF are the first to be scheduled on sundays just a heads up.
I'm checking on this before I sign anything! I hate hate hate amazon sunday. Amazon throughout the week is hard enough to tolerate. In my previous po (the one I was fired from) had minimal amazon.

Nothing is ever as good as it appears, and is always worse than the worst it seems.
My question is, why would you fight for a position you were miserable in? Take the unemployment, after Christmas, go get a job that respects and appreciates you.
Define "fighting". And when exactly did I say I was miserable in my job? Despite some things I wasn't crazy about (scanners, flyers, lying propaganda and management) I liked it quite a bit!

Last edited:
Just some thoughts to think about.
I had a sub that was terminated. She simply stopped showing up to work and was AWOL.
It blocked us from getting a new sub for months on end. The PTF position in the other office is also in limbo until your issue gets resolved. This is definately a way to get back at the craft and the employer that in your eyes is doing you wrong. Hopefully this won't get dragged out too long. This is the beginning of peak season.
You literally just had to show up to work on Sundays and you refused.
Your termination is the consequence of your actions. I recall your steward told you this would happen.
Sunday delivery is part of the job. If the union is able to assist you in getting your job back, I would hope you show more solidarity at the next office. You are a part of the employers team (employment contract) and the unions team (bargaining agreement)
Your personal wishes are null and void.

I am walking into work today with the knowledge I am carrying my rt snd then might have to carry parts of another rt. This is nothing I want to do and I know I don't have to do it, but I will do it. I will do it because I respect the Carrier that is off and I want to see her rt covered by a way in which I would hope my coworkers would cover my route if I wasn't available.

When you don't work Sundays, someone else does. Why should exception be made with you? The answer is It shouldn't. I am glad you have the ability to move to a different office. I just hope it doesn't take long for the sake of your coworkers new and old. Good luck to you in this journey!
I don't know who you are, but you seem to know me personally. Thankfully, you are not my judge. PS reread what hunchback said. I couldn't have said it any better.

Last edited:
Lemmore, unless the aspect of being "career" makes it so that you're happy working seven days a week, 12 hours a day, walk away. Walk away with dignity.

There are other jobs out there that will suit your lifestyle better. Embrace change and move on. I have a lot to say about "team" aspects of work, but I'll limit it to just how much harder I am willing to work at my new job. The management is GREAT, the structure is GREAT.

Go find a job that works for you.
To let you know a little about me, the word "career" does not impress me at all. I want a job that helps me to pay for the things that cost money. I won't work seven 12 hour days a week, because if they pay me enough for that time it would be more than I need. As I said, I'm waiting to see the details of this job. Check back here once in awhile and I'll keep you posted if you're interested. And if you can hook me up with one of these "other jobs" please do!

Last edited:
Define "fighting". And when exactly did I say I was miserable in my job? Despite some things I wasn't crazy about (scanners, flyers, lying propaganda and management) I liked it quite a bit!
OK then. I stand corrected in my understanding/perception of your situation. Carry on and best wishes.

Just some thoughts to think about.
I had a sub that was terminated. She simply stopped showing up to work and was AWOL.
It blocked us from getting a new sub for months on end.
What does this have to do with me? I wanted to work (at my own job as described in my own personnel file - which did not include being a Sunday/holiday parcel delivery service for Amazon.
The PTF position in the other office is also in limbo until your issue gets resolved.
For the sake of all, I hope it is resolved quickly, but I don't seem to have control over that.
This is definately a way to get back at the craft and the employer that in your eyes is doing you wrong.
I'm not trying to "get back at" anyone or anything.
Hopefully this won't get dragged out too long. This is the beginning of peak season.
You literally just had to show up to work on Sundays and you refused.
Yes. I "literally" refused to become enslaved. People have fought and died in wars for my freedom, but I guess you think I should disrespect that and just "shut up and do as your told!". The post office seems to be seeking attitudes like yours for supervisory positions. Good luck!
Your termination is the consequence of your actions. I recall your steward told you this would happen.
Sunday delivery is part of the job.
My termination was the result of improper management. Nothing else. I can't help wondering how you "recall my steward" telling me anything (do I know you?) ..and once again, NO: Sunday delivery is NOT part of my job.
If the union is able to assist you in getting your job back, I would hope you show more solidarity at the next office.
"Solidarity" is a word to think about and used with caution. In my opinion, an individual should not give up his individual rights to show "solidarity" with others who are foolishly allowing their own to be violated.
You are a part of the employers team (employment contract) and the unions team (bargaining agreement)
No. I am an individual employee.
Your personal wishes are null and void.
No, thankfully they are not.
I am walking into work today with the knowledge I am carrying my rt snd then might have to carry parts of another rt. This is nothing I want to do and I know I don't have to do it, but I will do it.
Congratulations on your martyrdom.
I will do it because I respect the Carrier that is off and I want to see her rt covered by a way in which I would hope my coworkers would cover my route if I wasn't available.
But you just said you didn't want to do it.
When you don't work Sundays, someone else does. Why should exception be made with you? The answer is It shouldn't.
No one should be forced to work Sundays. I wasn't asking for an exception.
I am glad you have the ability to move to a different office. I just hope it doesn't take long for the sake of your coworkers new and old.
Same here. Thank you for understanding that it is not under my control at this point. I assume the new postmaster is free to deal with the situation as he needs to.

Good luck to you in this journey!
Thank you! Good luck to you on snagging that supervisor position!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back