• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

I wish I could get a Special count

Lyra

My amazon has not let up one bit!!! I'm exhausted from delivering 150-180 packages. Last count I had maybe 120+ I'm a 42k and I look around at routes with not even 100 packages that are 43K with 10 more miles. I know millage is more.. I can't even imagine what this Christmas looks will be for me. I thought about asking for a DPS review.. My DPS isn't that bad. I have alot of volume but, not overly crazy amount of raw. :cry:

My Amazon got spotty during phase one of rural digitization-- a few lighter days thrown into
this nightmare of free work. I hit a few days during that six weeks that fell below last count's numbers.

Jess, when I read posts like yours I get really angry at the assoc. They have thrown routes like yours under the bus!! For me, I had to retire because I couldn't take the no action, nothing ever gets done mantra of our assoc. They should be so ashamed with themselves. A study that was supposed to be implemented by 5/20/15 without a whimper from our leaders. Carriers like you are being run into the ground by our system. Isn't that the thing a union is supposed to do for their members? Make things better, not let their members get abused, get them paid for the hours they work and not donate free time to the employer? I still haven't given up on the new set of leaders but they have been trained by a long standing front office of ostriches that bury their heads in the sand. They forget who pays them and where they came from. Lets hope the new contract gives protections to routes like yours that are being killed by Amazon until the study is implemented. Hang in there, you will get through this and best wishes!

Jess, if you ask for an official review of your Dps, and fail, that triggers a special count in September. The way the USPS has many of the plants working 2 shifts instead of 3, and consolidating many more offices into those plants, they rarely can run the same % of DPS/raw letters,as your last count, anymore
Read up on DPS reviews, and you will know more than most managers.

Jess, if you ask for an official review of your Dps, and fail, that triggers a special count in September. The way the USPS has many of the plants working 2 shifts instead of 3, and consolidating many more offices into those plants, they rarely can run the same % of DPS/raw letters,as your last count, anymore
Read up on DPS reviews, and you will know more than most managers.

I need to get my % of raw letters as last count. I was thinking more about the upside down letters. During the count we had ALOT OF upside downs for some reason. I can't really think of alot of upside downs in the last few months. I have read up on it. It seems a bit confusing.. I just have a feeling that somehow they will manipulate shit like they always do.

My Amazon got spotty during phase one of rural digitization-- a few lighter days thrown into
this nightmare of free work. I hit a few days during that six weeks that fell below last count's numbers.

I was wondering what was going on.. I know we are over with Phase 1 but, the last 4 days.. I didn't have ANY package for my subdivision.. I normally have 100 just in that one part. I still hit around 140 packages though. Today I had 4 carts and 182 scans all the pacakges for my subdivision are back with amazon. I did ask my customers if they have seen anyone delivering amazon and they said no.. However, there is no way that people just stopped ordering and then it's back.

Jess, when I read posts like yours I get really angry at the assoc. They have thrown routes like yours under the bus!! For me, I had to retire because I couldn't take the no action, nothing ever gets done mantra of our assoc. They should be so ashamed with themselves. A study that was supposed to be implemented by 5/20/15 without a whimper from our leaders. Carriers like you are being run into the ground by our system. Isn't that the thing a union is supposed to do for their members? Make things better, not let their members get abused, get them paid for the hours they work and not donate free time to the employer? I still haven't given up on the new set of leaders but they have been trained by a long standing front office of ostriches that bury their heads in the sand. They forget who pays them and where they came from. Lets hope the new contract gives protections to routes like yours that are being killed by Amazon until the study is implemented. Hang in there, you will get through this and best wishes!

Thank You for understanding.. The route next to me is a 43k and had 72 packages today I had 182 scans. :mad:

I don't know how they determine who delivers which parcels. During count you see FedEx and ups
delivering the packages you normally get when you're not counting...but how do they do that?
Yes, I had vain hopes in the past the NRLCA would use the USPS's own records to prove this
fraud, but I've given up on that.
I've seen heavy parcels move around various routes daily, such as heavy parcel volume north of town today, then east of town tomorrow. I haven't noticed one route consistently slammed while others aren't. (We're all still getting slammed here.)

Management in my office is of the opinion that it's fine that we're doing all this parcel volume that wasn't captured during count. (We must work for free to "save" the postal service.)

I'm sorry they're beating the tar out of you with unpaid work. I don't know how to fix it. For years I
thought, "Maybe RRECS will fix it." :rolleyes:

My amazon has not let up one bit!!! I'm exhausted from delivering 150-180 packages. Last count I had maybe 120+ I'm a 42k and I look around at routes with not even 100 packages that are 43K with 10 more miles. I know millage is more.. I can't even imagine what this Christmas looks will be for me. I thought about asking for a DPS review.. My DPS isn't that bad. I have alot of volume but, not overly crazy amount of raw. :cry:

I'm in the same boat your in I've gained 30 to 40 packages daily since last years count!

Jess -- "I wish I could get a Special Count."

-- See Article 9.2.11 - Special Counts - to see if you qualify.

-- Or MOU #1 which deals ( supposedly ) with a national mail count MAY ( or may not ) be initiated where rural delivery has been impacted on a national level. ( apparently the avalanche of Amazon ( and other parcels ) had not been felt on a national level. )

-- MOU #23 called for a Mail Count Task Force to "discuss" alternatives to the current mail count procedures. ( anyone recall seeing or hearing of any such Task Force ( Farce ) report? )

-- See Article 9.2.11 - I read it 100000 times thinking it would change.. nope. Something needs to change. I had 155 scans today another route just had over 100 and gets paid 1 hour more. My DPS is alot higher by 132 letters today. I've been keeping track of how my dps numbers are and I'm always in the top 3 out of 16 routes.

-- See Article 9.2.11 - I read it 100000 times thinking it would change.. nope. Something needs to change. I had 155 scans today another route just had over 100 and gets paid 1 hour more. My DPS is alot higher by 132 letters today. I've been keeping track of how my dps numbers are and I'm always in the top 3 out of 16 routes.
Jess, something just doesn't add up here. My understanding is that you averaged 120+ parcels daily during the count? That's about 150 scans per using even a very liberal 3 to 1 parcel to ratio. Assuming that your 4003/edit book were straight going into last count and tally sheets matched input, those numbers point easily to 44K based on my experience.

Either there's something about the nature of your route like low total deliveries or LLV vs POV (LLV would cost you 1.5 - 2 hrs), then all fingers point back to your count data. Things such as a low amount of accountables, full coverage addressed flats/letters, boxholders, or drawn out safety/service talks for a decent "other suitable allowance."

Our routes are no doubt different (60 CBUs/857 deliveries/10 miles/POV), but with a similar average around 120/160, I was just able to stay under a 47K, only because I tracked with the program and was able to "influence" some things.

Wilco: you are correct. My route has grown and I’ve updated everything, my PM has sent my updates information. Even though I’m adding boxes I guess it still hasn’t been enough boxes.

How long has that been, how many boxes? A Form 50 showing change in your liteblue OPF usually beats the letter back to you of an increase, and always the edit book. Hard to believe you weren't on the cusp to begin with. Had a Carrier doing cartwheels after hitting 47 last count and getting cut to a 43. He was going on and on about it not feeling much different and was still getting hammered though the volume hadn't changed. I checked his case and before/after times...turns out he went from 10 minutes into 47 territory to 6 minutes below being a 44 after the cut. No wonder.

We built 6 routes from last count. In cutting/squaring the route, he also agreed to exchange a 10 CBU stop for another in a more expensive/volume neighborhood = enjoy the cover and scenery, but the added parcels as well.

Just a thought, I always thought a 2 hour increase would get you a special count but that tricky language about a 2 hour increase or decrease and a change from L to non L gave the USPS the out they needed.

What happens when they start taking LLV's of LLV routes and making them POV routes.

Wouldn't the increase in credit for DPS in many cases bump you up more than 2 hours?

Oh wait you didn't go from L to non L or vise versa, no count for you, grieve and wait, and wait, and wait for proper credit.

I know, many will say they can't pull an LLV off a route once it's on there, really, since when have they gave a shiest about the contract, when they run out of LLV's, Rurals will lose first, as always

Just a thought, I always thought a 2 hour increase would get you a special count but that tricky language about a 2 hour increase or decrease and a change from L to non L gave the USPS the out they needed.

What happens when they start taking LLV's of LLV routes and making them POV routes.

Wouldn't the increase in credit for DPS in many cases bump you up more than 2 hours?

Oh wait you didn't go from L to non L or vise versa, no count for you, grieve and wait, and wait, and wait for proper credit.

I know, many will say they can't pull an LLV off a route once it's on there, really, since when have they gave a shiest about the contract, when they run out of LLV's, Rurals will lose first, as always

This is exactly what I have been saying, after all, they never did fill all routes like they originally were supposed to with LLV's. LLV's are dying and there will be no option. When a route goes up for bid in the area they are being placed as POV for bid. Coming to your neck of the woods. ;)

This is exactly what I have been saying, after all, they never did fill all routes like they originally were supposed to with LLV's. LLV's are dying and there will be no option. When a route goes up for bid in the area they are being placed as POV for bid. Coming to your neck of the woods. ;)
On 3/24/15 the USPS claimed they did place the 15,000 LLVs. That's when they said FFS couldn't be cased.

On 3/24/15 the USPS claimed they did place the 15,000 LLVs. That's when they said FFS couldn't be cased.

Memorandum #25 of the 2015-2018 agreement:
25. MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE AND THE NATIONAL RURAL LETTER CARRIERS’ ASSOCIATION The parties agree that until such time as the revised Evaluated Compensation System is implemented, carriers on rural routes that have assigned Employer provided vehicles and receive delivery point sequence (DPS) flats may, at their option, case and strap out DPS flats with other mail in accordance with Handbook PO-603, Section 15, Schedules. Casing of DPS flats at the carrier’s option will not affect or modify mail count procedures or the application of the DPS flats time standard. Additionally, management may require these carriers to take DPS flats directly to the street without casing in certain situations, such as, leaving so late as to cause significant delays in the customer’s anticipated delivery window; being unable to return to the office in order to meet the primary dispatch; or exceeding, on a consistent basis, the overall weekly evaluation of the route.

Back