If RRECS turns out horrible

foxyfox

What can we do? If evaluations are just insanely in accurate and even the fastest carriers cant make evaluations then what?
We need to be able to strike. Rules be damned. Revolt against these scumbags! I'm a huge union person but I know where my first cut will be to make up for an hour of loss....union dues bye bye.
One thing positive is I am a modest guy and can probably live comfortable on any salary over 40 hours. Working 6 days dont bother me as I've been working 6 days for 13 years at various jobs.
But damnit . We can't lose. I dont want that loser mentality. Let's do something fellow carriers. Strength in numbers even with a shotty short union. Let's save this craft 😊

Last edited:

Oi veh.

Staff member
@foxyfox - I understand your angst but please edit your post or I will have to delete. I am also moving it to off topic. Thanks so much.

Oi veh.

Staff member
Well, there's casual cussing and then there's serious swearing...;)

It's okay on placement, we move a lot of threads. :)

I really don't know what we can do; we are not allowed to strike. I have too much invested to risk being fired ala traffic controllers.

I have been educating my various congress critters about this whole RRECS business. Because you know, congress is the ultimate boss. I am also in the process of writing to all on The Board of Governors.

DB.Cooper

I wonder if they'll ever do any sort of "postal reform" legislation that might have an impact on us.... they've been talking about that about as long as they've been talking about RRECS.... Wonder if either will ever happen.... :unsure:

foxyfox

I really don't know what we can do; we are not allowed to strike. I have too much invested to risk being fired ala traffic controllers.

I have been educating my various congress critters about this whole RRECS business. Because you know, congress is the ultimate boss. I am also in the process of writing to all on The Board of Governors.
Have you had any luck with writing these guys and gals? What are you saying to them?

stillfirstclass

roughdraft we could copy?

DB.Cooper

I've read that is why they fear the NRA so much.... they've got an automated system where members can fire off letters to their representatives with just a few clicks on the mouse.... NRLCA should rig up some sort of slick system like that.... lol... yea, I know... I forgot.... they're clueless and worthless.... :oops:

Oi veh.

Staff member
I've read that is why they fear the NRA so much.... they've got an automated system where members can fire off letters to their representatives with just a few clicks on the mouse.... NRLCA should rig up some sort of slick system like that.... lol... yea, I know... I forgot.... they're clueless and worthless.... :oops:
Actually...

C$$

Edited. Now let's discuss....
If I get aux'ed, I'm going to quit and go hiking. Doubt that will help the craft as a whole, but I'll feel better.

To be brutally honest: If I keep my H, but a load of carriers routinely logging 30 hours a week on 45K's get burnt... Well, I'm probably not going to shed any tears for them.

But you are welcome to convince me otherwise. A little motivation, a little whiskey, and I can shuck some fit up with the best of them!

Oi veh.

Staff member
Have you had any luck with writing these guys and gals? What are you saying to them?
I have been going to town halls when they are home and bringing RRECS to their attention, as well as all the other postal reforms. I send the form letters in re: the postal reforms, but have been talking with my senators and rep regarding RRECS. My rep isn't happy, the district is mostly rural.

roughdraft we could copy?
I'm still working on it, because I intend to start sending it along with my other letters. But when it is done, yes, I will share.

R5

Association needs to address this situation. They know rrecs is a loser for the craft but remain dead silent. They need to show leadership ( which would be a first, and no I don't expect them to ) and voice ALL the concerns with rrecs and demand alterations or better yet, throw this 8 year disaster into the trash.They need to expose rrecs for what it is, and the damage it will do, and how there's nothing built in to prevent corruption. But I expect them to remain silent and just play ignorant of the whole mess.

DB.Cooper

Association needs to address this situation. They know rrecs is a loser for the craft but remain dead silent. They need to show leadership ( which would be a first, and no I don't expect them to ) and voice ALL the concerns with rrecs and demand alterations or better yet, throw this 8 year disaster into the trash.They need to expose rrecs for what it is, and the damage it will do, and how there's nothing built in to prevent corruption. But I expect them to remain silent and just play ignorant of the whole mess.
I certainly haven't heard anybody pumping any sunshine about RRECS.... I think the NRLCA knows it's a big :poop: turd... but, they're remaining silent....

Stiil baffled why no info about the 4205 route test has been shared with the membership... my guess is that it's not good.... :confused:

Toolology

Goal of RRECS was always to create mostly H routes and then not hire RCA’s and deny leave request because of no coverage. NRLCA knows we are screwed this is why we are hearing nothing.

LostinDakota

Goal of RRECS was always to create mostly H routes and then not hire RCA’s and deny leave request because of no coverage. NRLCA knows we are screwed this is why we are hearing nothing.
This makes absolutely no sense as we already have no coverage no matter if the route is a H, J or K. And they know it because otherwise why would the clause have been put into the contract that RCAs can be made to carry routes up to 50 miles away. I don't think even that is working as I know of no offices within 50 miles that have any extra RCAs on any day of the week or if they do, they are not sharing any RCAs with us.