If RRECS turns out horrible

too many yrs left

Association needs to address this situation. They know rrecs is a loser for the craft but remain dead silent. They need to show leadership ( which would be a first, and no I don't expect them to ) and voice ALL the concerns with rrecs and demand alterations or better yet, throw this 8 year disaster into the trash.They need to expose rrecs for what it is, and the damage it will do, and how there's nothing built in to prevent corruption. But I expect them to remain silent and just play ignorant of the whole mess.
And I think NRLCA needs to show us how we can oversee every number that will be used to make our evaluations before USPS is allowed to do it. I don't know how we should be expected just to trust them when they have shown so many times they cannot be trusted.

Morty

We need a leader. Someone that will stop negotiating away our wages and benefits. You do know city carriers and clerks healthcare plans are 1/2 our RCBP? That we are the hardest working group in USPS, but lowest paid. Clerks should be getting $15/hour max, but we give our hard earned wages to those lazy do nothing clerks. Management is incompetent, wasting billions on grand plans, while stripping us of wages and hours to pay for those plans like autonomous trucks...how about they use that billion to upgrade our fleet?

Surprise!

As we can't see into the future, the only way we have to guess how RRECS will impact us is by past performance of our union.

If you are satisfied with past performance then you should have little to worry about.

If you are not satisfied you are looking at a big problem.

As for going to war with the association and the Postal Service leadership, I was under the impression that the membership voted its rights away with the last contract agreement.

If you still plan to go to war, I think it difficult to build a plan when the issue of wether you should go to war can continue to be debated. Also, I think it unwise to build a battle plan where the opposition can read it.

DB.Cooper

How many even voted on the last contract.... wasn't it less than 20K of the over 130K rural carriers.... less than 1 in 6.... I see the contract vote as not necessarily representative if the majority of rural carriers... just sayin'.... :unsure:

Rurals are so jazzed about the NRLCA, about 30% or so don't even pay the dues.... those are actually the wiser ones among us.... just sayin'.... 🤑 :confused:😲

Haychica

Association needs to address this situation. They know rrecs is a loser for the craft but remain dead silent. They need to show leadership ( which would be a first, and no I don't expect them to ) and voice ALL the concerns with rrecs and demand alterations or better yet, throw this 8 year disaster into the trash.They need to expose rrecs for what it is, and the damage it will do, and how there's nothing built in to prevent corruption. But I expect them to remain silent and just play ignorant of the whole mess.
I'm not sure I agree completely with your assumption that RRECS is a complete loser...
The postal service has been ripping us off for so long and they still have been losing money...NOW they've regulated themselves into a corner, and must pay us for what they've been ripping us off for...IMHO, I believe this us what's taking so long...they literally have no idea how to pay us what we are owed...

R5

Sorry, with all due respect, this isn't my assumption, but ACTUALLY taking my count numbers and using the new standards under rrecs. Unless the standards are different than what they revealed to us, rrecs will be a big loser. Besides large parcels to door, where will you do well under rrecs? Flats? Dps? Small parcels? Scans? Box factor?
Office/personal time? Withdraw mail? Strapping out? Letters/flats collected? The answer is a big no.
I lose 10 hours on these alone weekly. Not an assumption, but doing the numbers. Amazon is gone for me, so I won't make a big gain in large parcels. Like I said before, numerous times, if you have a ton of parcels, have long driveways, or as one said they have a ton of dismounts, you can make up some for the areas you will lose under rrecs. But for the majority, it sucks bigtime.

Wilco183

for easy math, i know some are aux, but some are close to overburd., 70000 routes.. i think a reasonable route will lose 7 hours a week.. that is 490,000 hours.. again easy math, average carrier makes $20 per hour,, that is $10,000,000 a week... you're welcome
That's an average of about minus $7,000 a year per route! I'll add another - $3,000 for losing previously counted Amazon and make mine an even minus $10,000...thanks for the heads down.

stillfirstclass

edit: got to thinking, some/all? of those hours are/maybe at the overtime rate, so easy math again,, that would be $15,000,000 a week... now we're talking real money... i can see some bonus's for this.. maybe this is why pmg is staying? wants the credit/bonus?

Windindaface

A spin from someone who sees a gain in time from this... My run is 46 miles with 706 delivery points. 56 are CBU.

Looking at my case and the 1/2 dividing line of layout of it. At my 1/2 point on case without CBU/POB I am not near my 1/2 mileage point. I still have another 10 miles to travel to become somewhat RURAL. From there I hit my 100 curbside and 56 CBU/POB location within 12 miles.

Just saying for more than 3/4 of my route I can walk to most locations without backing or pulling in on either side of the road for a door drop or a SIG item.

DB.Cooper

edit: got to thinking, some/all? of those hours are/maybe at the overtime rate, so easy math again,, that would be $15,000,000 a week... now we're talking real money... i can see some bonus's for this.. maybe this is why pmg is staying? wants the credit/bonus?
Add that up for a little while and you might be able to pay for some NGDVs.... you're welcome city side peeps... enjoy your new vehicles.... 😐

Havenowgone

What can we do? If evaluations are just insanely in accurate and even the fastest carriers cant make evaluations then what?
We need to be able to strike. Rules be damned. Revolt against these scumbags! I'm a huge union person but I know where my first cut will be to make up for an hour of loss....union dues bye bye.
One thing positive is I am a modest guy and can probably live comfortable on any salary over 40 hours. Working 6 days dont bother me as I've been working 6 days for 13 years at various jobs.
But damnit . We can't lose. I dont want that loser mentality. Let's do something fellow carriers. Strength in numbers even with a shotty short union. Let's save this craft 😊
If RRECS turns out to be a big failure where even the fastest carriers can't make eval then there will be mass upheaval in the craft.The union will wake up! Meetings will be well attended and there will be passion. We can't strike but you can bet there will be some kind of kickback from rural carriers, whether that be picketing, calling in sick all the time, bringing this to congress's attention or some other type of radical uprising. I think we are at the breaking point right now. Rurals will awaken! I would guess there would be a mass push for hourly and the leadership of the assoc may be replaced. You know what.... will finally hit the fan. In reality I don't expect that to happen but if it does...USPS look out! Can you meet your eval right now? Are you under and by how much? I always thought that the carriers beating their evals by hours each day were the ones that may be hurt with the new system. Remember what we have been told...that 80 to 90% should be able to meet or beat their times.

Last edited:

stillfirstclass

have been told...that 80 to 90% should be able to meet or beat their times.
evaluation has always been an incentive... what incentive is there... if, if most should be able to MEET/beat their times.. i guess i 'll have to do what i see others do.. sort, scan and drive at the same time.. not care that my car is falling apart .. can anybody prove that once you hit a certain speed, you really only hit half the pot holes? where is a good engineer when you need one?

stillfirstclass

If this turns out true, wouldn't RECS be a huge improvement on counting system we use now? Wonder what % meet or beat eval now, 50%?
if i choose to.. I as in me, want to drive like the dukes of hazard and give shitty service, can cream/beat my evaluation.. a couple of months in the summer, i can beat my evaluation, most of the year i am a few minutes under or at or over, depending on the roads and a late truck or two... and i have still figured to lose over an hour a day with this new wrecks system,, not good.

Havenowgone

evaluation has always been an incentive... what incentive is there... if, if most should be able to MEET/beat their times..
The route that I ran before I retired provided no incentive for me as far as beating my eval goes. I regularly ran over my eval by around 5 hours a week most of the year and up to 10 and 20 hours a week during the busy season. Even though our current system was killing me and forced me to retire I liked the evaluated system because of the freedoms we had. We could handle the mail the way we chose would be best for us. For the most part we weren't told how to handle the mail and how much mail we had to take each day. Some cased DPS and FSS and some took it all to the street or used a combination of each. Some cased boxholders and EDD mail while others took it to the street. We were able to mark packages or just load them in order in the truck without marking them. City carriers had no such freedoms. We were monitored but not anything like the city carriers in my office were monitored. I considered those freedoms as incentives to keep the evaluated system. It wasn't just about being able to kill your eval, there are other things involved. A fair system to both sides seems OK with me.

Last edited: