Implosion!

Rcflyn

Best answers
It's not unheard of for mgmt to bring in assistance from far away, even out of state. They can house for 30 days and rotate as they find willing bodies to work. Last Christmas they brought in carriers to assist in Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Tahoe and Reno that I know of. Cca's and rcas were brought from other states to give relief to locals. It can be done.
They can also pay a premium if deemed necessary. During the shale boom USPS paid $5 hour over the going rca rate to find workers. The union should be having Area level talks about this large of an affected workforce. This needs much higher than DR to resolve.
If I was working hundreds of hours over my guarantee, I'd work until the first pay period after the new g year. If I'm going to quit, I'm going to turn it to my advantage as much as possible. Two weeks before election I'd skedaddle. With a huge " here's your lottery check" grin!

There is a formula to figure out your hourly vs salary rate. A carrier in Montana, I believe, walked away 4 years ago with $17000 from recalculated pay. Not certain it truly compensated for the poor quality year they lived through, but it helped.
I really shouldn’t be reading things like this. This is the 2nd post today I’ve seen carriers getting 10,0p0-17!000 for going over..... y’all are really giving me reasons to actually slow down.... I don’t foresee corona Christmas loosing up on us before real Christmas hits us..... so maybe, just maybe..... I’m no runner, but I do try to beat eval.....

Y’all are putting bad thoughts in my narrow mind.....

Haychica

Best answers
Had a carrier in 2016 that ended up 350 hours over. Almost $10,000 in extra pay after calculation for FLSA A.
If you can make it 90 days, your new boat is almost paid for.
Lol..this has been my dream from the beginning....all of us go over, and the p.o. is forced to pay us what we should be getting all along...ahhhhh...to dream....

Last edited:

den7008

Best answers
i go to work with blinders walk in do my route,,,dont care who calls out who is short,,,what mail is beiing held or why it is ,,,i just do my route nothing more and go home the rest is out of my control i will not let it get to me ,,,when i walk out the door i leave all frustration there life is too short

seabass

Best answers
There is ways to get a few days off. Call in sick on a Mon and Tues for a 3 day weekend. Keep it at 2 and no one can request a doctors note. That's why we're given sick days, don't feel good/exhausted. Or your just plain ol' sick, sick of working. lol If you have a POV, you can always have some car issues. I just took Wens Thurs and Fri while my car was in the shop, add on Sat and Sun to it and it was a nice 5 day break.

Rcflyn

Best answers
If you have a POV, you can always have some car issues. I just took Wens Thurs and Fri while my car was in the shop, add on Sat and Sun to it and it was a nice 5 day break.
Been there, done that. Broken vehicle killed a few vacation days for me. It was before I had my backup vehicle, so being stuck at home with no form of transportation really sucked. Now that I’ve got my backup vehicle, it’s kinda hard to pull that card out of my sleeve.