Info from my Retirement Application

Dink Winkerson

I will keep you posted, here is the copy of the letter I received maybe you can decipher it?View attachment 4397

I called the local social security office this morning and the agent admitted the letter is confusing and doesn't understand why they word it that way.

What it means is even though I am eligble and approved to receive benefits I will not receive anything for September just like it says, but I will be eligible starting in October, payable in November and for me it will be the 4th Wednesday of every month. So nothing until the end of November.

Last edited:

Dink Winkerson

I haven't heard anything from HRSSC since I got a confirmation email in June. So I called just to make sure I didn't miss a call in case their was a problem with my application. I asked when I would get a Form 50 (Notice of Separation) and she said it may arrive a week or two after you retire, lol.

So I guess I just stop showing up even though I have nothing officially saying I'm retired.

USPS is broken from top to bottom. "JUST LET ME OUT!!"

The automated line keeps asking for your EIN and PIN number. It will say you entered a incorrect EIN, even though you entered the correct EIN. It will also ask for a PIN, which I never used. After doing this twice, without a PIN, it will let you continue.

Here is the website to change your pin: SSP Sign In

I don't know if this makes any difference on a broken system, but it might save you a little frustration.

DB.Cooper

I haven't heard anything from HRSSC since I got a confirmation email in June. So I called just to make sure I didn't miss a call in case their was a problem with my application. I asked when I would get a Form 50 (Notice of Separation) and she said it may arrive a week or two after you retire, lol.

So I guess I just stop showing up even though I have nothing officially saying I'm retired.

USPS is broken from top to bottom. "JUST LET ME OUT!!"

The automated line keeps asking for your EIN and PIN number. It will say you entered a incorrect EIN, even though you entered the correct EIN. It will also ask for a PIN, which I never used. After doing this twice, without a PIN, it will let you continue.

Here is the website to change your pin: SSP Sign In

I don't know if this makes any difference on a broken system, but it might save you a little frustration.
Download everything you want from your eOPF on LiteBlue before your end date... from what I've heard, that's one thing they seem to be prompt in unplugging you from.... go figure... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

Dink Winkerson

Download everything you want from your eOPF on LiteBlue before your end date... from what I've heard, that's one thing they seem to be prompt in unplugging you from.... go figure... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:
Yes, she said after your retirement date you will be removed and won't be able to access anything USPS. So I'll have to depend on getting the Form 50 via the mail since I won't be able to access eOPF.