• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

IRMA

btdtret

All -- Thanx -- Looks as if your thoughts and prayer helped with Hurricane HARVEY as the death toll is at 70, which is far less than when Houston evacuated for Hurricane RITA.

Everyone in Florida could use the same outpouring of prayers and positive thoughts as Hurricane IRMA is forecast to do a number on the full length of the Florida Peninsula this weekend and on into Monday.   Mandatory evacuation for the Keys and lower Florida has the road ways clogged.   And no doubt many more will be fleeing northwards.   If she comes up the middle of the state EVERYONE will be affected some how or way.

Later on, those prayers and positive thoughts will be needed in GA, SC, and NC and possibly farther north, depending on how IRMA holds together.

TIA.

I'm in Central Florida.  We are off Sat-Mon.  Tuesday is on as of right now.  We'll see ........Could be a rough one.......

I have relatives in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.  They've all headed to Orlando, last I heard.  Ironically enough, I also have relatives, on the other side of the family, in the Corpus Christi area...Aransas Pass, Ingleside, Rockport.  They moved inland to San Antonio before Harvey got there.  I heard that Aransas Pass to Rockport was almost totally wiped out.

Reporting in from the Tampa area. No mail service Saturday through Monday.

<span style="background-color: inherit;font-size: 15px">PM stated, "...it could be days, or weeks, before we're back..." A bit of a drama queen, I hope.</span>

Fuel for the trucks has been scarce. A lot of my businesses were closed today. Traffic has been nutty. All the mail and trays are off the floors, and the LLVs are parked in a tight pack on high ground.  

We're going in today.  Hour later start time, but we are working.  I was personally one of the lucky ones who didn't lose power, but do not know if we have power in the office as it is a pretty rural area.  I'm sure much of my route will be under water or blocked by trees.  

surftrader -- " I was personally one of the lucky ones who didn’t lose power, but do not know if we have power in the office as it is a pretty rural area.  I’m sure much of my route will be under water or blocked by trees.  "

--  Be sure to take lots of pictures as no doubt manglement will be concerned with the amount of mail you bring back.

--  Glad you made it through IRMA okay.   

Tampa area. We came back yesterday, Tuesday, at 8am. I had 1.5 trays of DPS, one bundle of flats, 8 spurs, and 4 parcels. It was a glorious day. I fear today will be a different story... 

Yeah, we've had hardly any mail these last 2 days also.  I've seen a post on here about someone who went thru this same scenario (couple days closed) only to come back to normal mail volume.  The question is:  Where did all the mail that didn't get delivered Sat & Mon go?  A mystery indeed......

btdret:

"Be sure to take lots of pictures as no doubt manglement will be concerned with the amount of mail you bring back"

No issues with this.  We only need to make a list and why it's not deliverable.  I'm up to 19 (out of 750...which isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be)) that are not deliverable at this point.  Water rising though, and I'm sure I'll be adding at least 2 more CBU's to that list tomorrow.   

surftrader -- "Where did all the mail that didn’t get delivered Sat & Mon go?  A mystery indeed……"

--  Probably still somewhere up north, or

--  Manglement pulled out the old "What Procedures To Take During Mail Count" handbook.

Back