• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Is it on it's way? RRECS

The edit book is for LOT of travel. But seriously, who drives LOT anymore with all the detours, parcel runs, assistance and such? Its a mini miracle anyway you can drive your rt just once, in order.
Basically its the accumulation of a couple of weeks of the line of travel that is overlaid and then the non-consistent side trips are trimmed off!

Basically its the accumulation of a couple of weeks of the line of travel that is overlaid and then the non-consistent side trips are trimmed off!
Yikes. That's getting paid for our dynamic daily services? Seems like a step backwards. Everything is inconsistent on a daily basis that are out of the carriers control. The cash cow is feeding rural free paddies . All you can eat

according to the engineers, we need to drive our rt 30 days in exact order to prepopulate the mapping. The system will throw out outlying data that happens on occasion.

Basically its the accumulation of a couple of weeks of the line oof of won't be able to do it f travel that is overlaid and then the non-consistent side trips are trimmed off!
That's my point. I understand the idea of a 30 day study for mapping. I just think most of us won't be able to do a 30 day mapping in practice. Too many late trucks, slow/ missing clerk's, second runs, early business detours, etc. I haven't run my route in 4003 sequence since 2019. It's impossible with the forced delays and inefficiencies we have to deal with.

All of our offices, nor those larger ones close to us have new scanners. All on hold, District said it was pending closing some offices and reallocating resources. Another idiot statement by District as there's absolutely no room for anyone extra in any of the offices, except in the parking lots. Even with the threatened route consolidations from a draconian count of some sort.
No new ones anywhere around us either....

according to the engineers, we need to drive our rt 30 days in exact order to prepopulate the mapping. The system will throw out outlying data that happens on occasion.

Basically its the accumulation of a couple of weeks of the line oof of won't be able to do it f travel that is overlaid and then the non-consistent side trips are trimmed off!
That's my point. I understand the idea of a 30 day study for mapping. I just think most of us won't be able to do a 30 day mapping in practice. Too many late trucks, slow/ missing clerk's, second runs, early business detours, etc. I haven't run my route in 4003 sequence since 2019. It's impossible with the forced delays and inefficiencies we have to deal with.
I'm sure machine got that covered . just think of the big dry up during a 2 week count. 30 days is easy if it means controlling rural pay. We can't control our ever changing live action. That's the best part everyday is new and real. Don't treat employees like dirtbags lots love the job. And the public some of them love me and not too many don't. In the moment living the life.

In my office we’ve had the new scanners for about a year now. We have not been mapped either. According to our DR there is no way data could be implemented on any route in the country until mapping is complete. Also, from what he explained to us was that data collection has to be done over the course of an entire year minus Christmas overtime period. Once that data is collected, then your evaluation will be adjusted accordingly. The way he sees it is no adjustments on routes under RRECS until at least 2023. However, there could be a mail count this September or if and when we negotiate a new contract sometime in the future.

My recollection is the engineers stated data for the entire year, including the Christmas overtime period, must be gathered to determine the evaluation. USPS wanted to include roughly 9.5 months of data. The union wanted closer to 11 months. In my opinion, the engineers protected our interests better than the union by stating the entire year's data must be accumulated.

I would assume from the entire year's data there would be a subtraction for the assistance provided. To me, that is the fairest way. If little or no assistance is given, the carrier gets a bigger check.

Lol..oh..you.mean.too many variables.like..what we REALLY do?...

RRECS is not high on the priority list when the USPS is getting all of this free work. There will be more interest after Amazon has completed their distribution network and 60 to 75% of the routes lose large amounts of Amazon parcels and add the new Mercedes vehicles to reduce EMA payments and recalculate the DPS standards for the routes with the new vans. Add a new contract with even worse pay for the RCAs. That should about do it. At this point RRECs will be implemented. But WAIT, it won't be needed because there will be no RCAs left, the old regulars will have retired and even some of the current regulars will have given up on making this a career. I am not hopeful for the future of the rural craft.
I'm ready to just walk away. Getting no help and working 10hrs a day while getting paid for 8hrs. 327 scans today and two trips to my route. I'm fed up, and really don't feel like our union gives a damn.

I'm ready to just walk away. Getting no help and working 10hrs a day while getting paid for 8hrs. 327 scans today and two trips to my route. I'm fed up, and really don't feel like our union gives a damn.
Been doing 12 hr and getting paid for 9.2 for 10 months ....last count 124 scans...covid count= 250-350 ...everyone else being compensated but us
And I live 45 min away...smh

Back