• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Is the OIG on Our Side?

Morty

I caught my PM doing an illegal while on duty act. The place has cameras at every angle and in the parking lot and they said they keep film for a year.

I reported it to the oig. But with all my experiences, i don't trust the process. I know if it were me. There would be an EP after I was reported and an interrogation within 7 days. We have the tapes, they would say.

So frustrating.

Morty -- "I caught my PM doing an illegal while on duty act. The place has cameras at every angle and in the parking lot and they said they keep film for a year."

-- Sure, they keep the film cartridge for a year, but probably write over it every 24 hours!

-- Or more than likely, it will be discovered there was a "glitch" in the system about the time frame you want to look at.

I hope they investigate this. Although he said that he would take what he found and present it to labor...

And Im thinking labor will say, nothing to see here!

All -- "Is the [ USPS ] OIG on Our side?"

-- Probably not. Just looking out for themselves.

-- The USPS routinely disagrees with the OIG's reports and usually just ignores them.

-- Case in point. At least twice the USPS OIG has recommended putting the city carriers on the evaulated system.

-- The NALC has been able to fight it off - or the USPS has not put up a strong enough offense to make it happen.

All I know is when i google the crime. Carriers are fired and sent to federal prison. Postmasters are reassigned to another office.
OIG blares the names and offenses of little guys fired or sent to jail on their website.....However, any management discretion is buried, nameless, in their quarterly report... Almost all are allowed to retire with benefits... So much for equal treatment...

I caught my PM doing an illegal while on duty act. The place has cameras at every angle and in the parking lot and they said they keep film for a year.

I reported it to the oig. But with all my experiences, i don't trust the process. I know if it were me. There would be an EP after I was reported and an interrogation within 7 days. We have the tapes, they would say.

So frustrating.
I highly doubt they will care unless it is embezzlement of funds/theft from the USPS ALONE. But, I hope I'm wrong.

I did get a call asking for more details, past behaviour, character witnesses. But I don't trust it. Will look into what news organizations can do. Maybe pay a private investigator to get the footage? This lying foul creature needs to be caught and given a healthy dose of justice.

I did lose my eeo case. Seems the pm word is gospel. It was sexual discrimination, male. The all female crew of pm poom and investigators. This is akin of the raper being asked did you do it? No? Eeo has found that testimony given proves no rape occurred.

I did get a call asking for more details, past behaviour, character witnesses. But I don't trust it. Will look into what news organizations can do. Maybe pay a private investigator to get the footage? This lying foul creature needs to be caught and given a healthy dose of justice.

I did lose my eeo case. Seems the pm word is gospel. It was sexual discrimination, male. The all female crew of pm poom and investigators. This is akin of the raper being asked did you do it? No? Eeo has found that testimony given proves no rape occurred.
If you believe in your case, you must persist through the (what I believe is) sham, and often times hostile, USPS EEO "investigation" with an eye to an appeal to the independent EEOC. The EEO system is designed to exhaust you so you have no desire to push through toward an EEOC appeal. The best way to avoid EEO exhaustion is to have as much of your time as possible on the clock and not to be distracted from your most important "battle" - an EEOC case involving your injury, for example. You will have to verify that they actually pay you."

Last edited:
Morty -- "*update I was asked if I wanted to remain anonymous on my report. Next day PM was missing. Gone all next week as well. If this turns into a forever gone, my faith shall be restored."

-- Looks good for you presently but remember the olde saying of: Be careful what you wish for!

-- The USPS is more than capable of replacing a bad PM with an even worse one.

-- In that case, just keep filing grievances.

What do you mean by, “We have the tapes.”
Holy Rosemary Woods, Batman!

That means management is coming after you for some perceived infraction, and they have videos from some sources. (I have heard of them using their own hidden cameras, even in the LLVs.)

My former PM was doing something illegal while on duty at a place. This place had cameras everywhere. Thus, we have the tapes. Although that's VHS speak. So today it would be footage? Digital file? You know right?

Anyways, it was glorious to watch the office transfer and the surrender of keys and badge.

Back