• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Is the PM trying to make me quit?

Pony-Express

I've been at this office for 2 weeks now. I switched from ARC to RCA. My PM is an acting PM because the other PM got a bid on a new office. An office this acting PM was passed over for. He is probably going to be passed for this one. I have pretty much already determined he tries to gaslight and manipulate me. This would explain all the failed relationships he talks about. Also enjoys bragging about all the people he's gotten fired.

1. I've been there for 2 weeks this has been my training thus far:
- Shadow Day TWICE (2 different people)
- RCA Academy
- Training Day. Then....
- More Training Days!!!
* Followed Carrier in car on route
* Carrier followed me while I delivered 2 rows
* I follow carrier for rest of route.
* I deliver a few more rows carrier follow me.
-This went on for 3 days then they let me do half the route.
-Then I did half the route again.
- Then I did 4.5 to 5 rows twice
-Now I'm back to doing 4 rows

First PM says I can't tell you to come in early and you can't clock in till 7 if you do but I can't tell you that. Then I do. Now he's like don't show up so early. And I'm like can I show up with the other carrier. He says there is a difference between coming in and getting coffee and shooting the bull and getting in the clerk's way. Sorry I've done nothing but stay out of the clerk's way. I'm not stupid suddenly a clerk complained after I was shadily directed to do this.

I'm approached by a carrier and they say "you should be carrying this whole route." By this time I'm mad and I say "He wont f'ing give it to me." Then I caught myself and apologized for my language. They proceeded to tell me how they only got 3 days blah blah.

Our cut off is 5 pm. I have been trying to case faster so that I can get to the street and make these times. If I had the whole route I would have made these times. Would I have been back by 1-230? No I don't speed. I drive safely. I try to be accurate. I try not to waste time. I do not want to sit down in his office and him tell me I need to shave time off my day when I'm making my times. This kind of behavior could get someone hurt. You are under 90 days probation you feel like you cannot upset anyone. I have seen what these people do to get done per his standards and I'm not doing it.

I do not want to be there if I am a hindrance but I want him to say it so I can move on. He keeps telling me I'm behind. That I should be further ahead. I have carriers telling me that its not for everyone. I can tell you I might not be treated the greatest at my old office but I have never felt so unwelcome in an office before as I have now. I am so ready to go back to the devil I know.

But, if he says heres the route it will help us out by you being here then I'll stay and Ill work.

For now I'm going to keep my head down and my mouth shut cause I'm exhausted I'm tired of fighting this.

Look him in the eye and say I won't be spoken to like this or harassed. I'll contact the post master about working a different unit where I'm PROPERLY trained and welcome.
I wouldn't stick around for a response. Leave and do it.

There's more than 1 way to skip rocks. Dumb &^%$#@ mgmt.

I've been at this office for 2 weeks now. I switched from ARC to RCA. My PM is an acting PM because the other PM got a bid on a new office. An office this acting PM was passed over for. He is probably going to be passed for this one. I have pretty much already determined he tries to gaslight and manipulate me. This would explain all the failed relationships he talks about. Also enjoys bragging about all the people he's gotten fired.

1. I've been there for 2 weeks this has been my training thus far:
- Shadow Day TWICE (2 different people)
- RCA Academy
- Training Day. Then....
- More Training Days!!!
* Followed Carrier in car on route
* Carrier followed me while I delivered 2 rows
* I follow carrier for rest of route.
* I deliver a few more rows carrier follow me.
-This went on for 3 days then they let me do half the route.
-Then I did half the route again.
- Then I did 4.5 to 5 rows twice
-Now I'm back to doing 4 rows

First PM says I can't tell you to come in early and you can't clock in till 7 if you do but I can't tell you that. Then I do. Now he's like don't show up so early. And I'm like can I show up with the other carrier. He says there is a difference between coming in and getting coffee and shooting the bull and getting in the clerk's way. Sorry I've done nothing but stay out of the clerk's way. I'm not stupid suddenly a clerk complained after I was shadily directed to do this.

I'm approached by a carrier and they say "you should be carrying this whole route." By this time I'm mad and I say "He wont f'ing give it to me." Then I caught myself and apologized for my language. They proceeded to tell me how they only got 3 days blah blah.

Our cut off is 5 pm. I have been trying to case faster so that I can get to the street and make these times. If I had the whole route I would have made these times. Would I have been back by 1-230? No I don't speed. I drive safely. I try to be accurate. I try not to waste time. I do not want to sit down in his office and him tell me I need to shave time off my day when I'm making my times. This kind of behavior could get someone hurt. You are under 90 days probation you feel like you cannot upset anyone. I have seen what these people do to get done per his standards and I'm not doing it.

I do not want to be there if I am a hindrance but I want him to say it so I can move on. He keeps telling me I'm behind. That I should be further ahead. I have carriers telling me that its not for everyone. I can tell you I might not be treated the greatest at my old office but I have never felt so unwelcome in an office before as I have now. I am so ready to go back to the devil I know.

But, if he says heres the route it will help us out by you being here then I'll stay and Ill work.

For now I'm going to keep my head down and my mouth shut cause I'm exhausted I'm tired of fighting this.
Whatever you do...dont say "I QUIT!!". Management can accept that as your resignation ON THE SPOT! I have had PM harrass RCAs and ask them "IF you dont like it you can quit!!" Trying to bait them into saying it. I had a sub a couple of years ago walk out and go home because he was harassing her...as she left he kept asking over and over " Do you quit??" She said nothing. She called me that night and asked if she lost her job. I said only if you dont show up for 3 consecutive days(job abandonment). I told her to report to work the next day and i bet he will be pissed that you showed up. All he can do is write you up. He will be hoping you dont show up for 3 days so he CAN fire you. She showed up....he didnt say a word. Just keep showing up and doing your job. But, you are right about that 90 days. They are looking for anything in that first 90 days to get you on.

Pony-Express -- "Is the PM trying to make me quit?"

-- Probably!

-- The actual firing of an RCA is supposed to be done at the District level.

-- A past PMG spoke at a NRLCA national convention and actually said "RCAs were to be retained at all costs."

-- Apparently some in manglement took that as taking away of some of their "power", so they to their best in getting a person to quit.

-- Of course, during the probation period of 90 work-days or one calendar your, manglement can drum up any old reason to fire an RCA, but District should have the last word.

-- Try to "tough it out".

-- Give your Assistant District Representative a head's up on how you are being treated.

-- If you feel you are being harassed or threatened, "invite" the PM to accompany you to the office bulletin board to point out the various USPS policy statements against such behavior.

Back