• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you

Is this ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rte10

just became a reg. as of September .my Rte is extremely overburben it's a 48K. Package volume is let's say high as hell. It seems everytime I take off my Rte packages n flates are always left for me the next day n I'm told everything has to go . How is this ok?

Attachments​

• IMG_20210104_111409.jpg
    IMG_20210104_111409.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20210106_090653.jpg

Solution
Rte10 -- "just became a reg. as of September .my Rte is extremely overburben it's a 48K. Package volume is let's say high as hell. It seems everytime I take off my Rte packages n flates are always left for me the next day n I'm told everything has to go . How is this ok?"

-- No, it is NOT OKAY!!

-- As "C$$" noted there are Step 4's relating to "full day's relief" when dealing with mail left from your relief day.

-- Time yourself for casing flats and delivering parcels to the door and note the times on the 4240 -- and make a copy of the 4240 in case it can't be found for a future reference.

-- As a 48K route, you can point out to manglement, Article 9.2.C.6.a.

-- Have manglement read the section at the bottom of the Table: *...

Twingrlie

Put in a notice that you are asking for a route cut and for auxiliary assistance since your route is overburdened. Keep one for yourself and give one to your supervisor. If this doesn’t happen within a pay period or two, I’d grieve it. If this happens to me, I always show management what was rolled and then ask them if they’re going to pay an RCA to run the mail or me. You should get the time it would take to case it and run it. If they don’t want to pay you what you tell them it’s going to take, don’t run it.

btdtret

Rte10 -- "just became a reg. as of September .my Rte is extremely overburben it's a 48K. Package volume is let's say high as hell. It seems everytime I take off my Rte packages n flates are always left for me the next day n I'm told everything has to go . How is this ok?"

-- No, it is NOT OKAY!!

-- As "C$$" noted there are Step 4's relating to "full day's relief" when dealing with mail left from your relief day.

-- Time yourself for casing flats and delivering parcels to the door and note the times on the 4240 -- and make a copy of the 4240 in case it can't be found for a future reference.

-- As a 48K route, you can point out to manglement, Article 9.2.C.6.a.

-- Have manglement read the section at the bottom of the Table: * Normally these categories ( 47 Hours*and 48 Hours* ) should only be used as interim classifications pending route adjustments.

-- If need be, submit a note or memo to manglement requesting your route be reduced. ( that will mean a drop in pay ) ( and should not go below a 43K )

-- Bringing in your Assistant District Representative may help, especially if the parcels left for you are priority or Express.

-- If a grievance is needed, be sure to have "cease and desist" ( leaving flats and parcels ) as well as "progressive monetary penalty for future violation(s)" included in the paperwork.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.