• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Just a heads up to those planning to go...

Who did you contact to buy back rca time?
When I filled out my retirement blue book and had my counseling session, HR told me that OPM would contact me with the info. They sent me a letter. I would contact HR if you have time you would like to buy back and are not yet ready to retire.

The latest in my “ journey”...
I received two letters from OPM this past week, mailed a few days before, March 2021. Weird thing is both letters enclosed were dated Dec 20 and 21, 2020...notifying me of my estimated annuity amount. The second one reduced the amount by $1 lol. Maybe the letters were sitting in the printer and just got found?
Plan for it folks...nothing quick about retiring from this place.

The latest in my “ journey”...
I received two letters from OPM this past week, mailed a few days before, March 2021. Weird thing is both letters enclosed were dated Dec 20 and 21, 2020...notifying me of my estimated annuity amount. The second one reduced the amount by $1 lol. Maybe the letters were sitting in the printer and just got found?
Plan for it folks...nothing quick about retiring from this place.
Even if you request retirement well before your planned last day.... I'm wondering if there won't still be delays.... especially in light of the mass exodus that seems to be going on..... like rats on a sinking ship.... then add all the mngt geeks getting pushed toward the exit doors.... js.... fun times ahead.... :unsure: ?‍♂️??

Even if you request retirement well before your planned last day.... I'm wondering if there won't still be delays.... especially in light of the mass exodus that seems to be going on..... like rats on a sinking ship.... then add all the mngt geeks getting pushed toward the exit doors.... js.... fun times ahead.... :unsure: ?‍♂️??
I suspect so,
Received another interim deposit today, a full 5 months since my retirement date. To make matters worse, sounds as if those trying to get counseled now are having issues too. Hard to be surprised when we’ve spent decades dealing with the USPS as our employer. ?

Wow, I spoke too soon on that last post!
5 months to the day, I checked my email this morning and my retirement case has been finalized! Of course it will be 2-3 weeks before my paperwork arrives, and the check that squares up the last 5 months of pay is being mailed, not deposited electronically like the last 5 payments...also, the details of my final payment and annuity are not available on OPM account online. LOL, at least I was notified the check is in the mail?

Another surprise today...deposit of $6k plus in my bank account, nothing on OPM account showing the amount, guess I will have to wait on the paper copy they say is coming. I presume this includes the SS special supplement pay?? Regardless, hoping future deposits will be the final amount and I will be able to know when and how much will be deposited?

Back