Just about to go regular, then....

borkna

So, I am the senior RCA at my office. There's an auxiliary that was suppose to gain enough territory to become a regular route. The count is next week, and literally this week, Amazon started delivering like 95% of their own parcels. We went from getting 8-11 pallets on a regular day, down to about 6, and now we are getting 2.

Two routes were about to cut off some of their territory to give to the aux. I doubt they will do that now. Normally Mondays are insane. Yesterday, everyone was back by 3 or 3:30. Amazon was more than 50% of our daily load. We still get a lot of first class and priority parcels, but it's nothing like it was with Amazon.

I was hoping for the route to at least become a 40H...or whatever the minimum is for me to go regular on it.

If the territory from the other routes was still given up, the route would end up having about 550 boxes. Can anyone say how many boxes the PO expects a route to have to become a regular route? I'm sure there are a lot of factors that go into it.

I was really hoping to not have to be the office bitch anymore. I hate it so much, but have put up with it and have done everything I have been told to do, with hopes of becoming a regular. Don't know what to think now. I guess my job as an RCA is about to get a lot easier. Hopefully I will have a little more time with my family now. I have been doing this for them, anyway. So many times I've apologized to my wife for not having time because of the PO. I have told her over and over that soon enough, I should be a regular and things will change once that happens.

UGH.

Sorry, I mainly just need to vent and cry a little....

Last edited:

btdtret

borkna -- So close and yet so far, Sorry!

-- Note the date Amazon dried up on the calendar -- just in case the avalanche returns later in the year -- like a month of so AFTER count!!

-- What is the current evaluation, mileage, and # of boxes for the AUX.

-- Way back when an AUX needed to reach 39 standard hours to become a regular route. BUT thanks to Arbitrator Clarke ( 2010-2015 ), AUX routes now need 42 standard hours! Which if you look on the table of Standard Hours, is greater than low H routes! So in theory, after running a 41-hour AUX, the AUX carrier could be required to assist a 40-Hour H route! ( that would create a vacuum! )

-- Too many "if's" to tell if 550 boxes would make a regular route. Including no guarantee manglement will add territory with Amazon delivering most of their own.

-- If manglement does add territory, would need the route mileage, volume factor, box factor ( all curb side or a mix of curb and cluster boxes ), POV or LLV.

-- To make matters worse, it appears many of current standards will disappear or be lowered if and when RRECS is implemented, so don't go making any availablity promises to the wife.

"Don't know what to think now. "

-- Although difficult, try to think POSITIVE! ( as in "I WILL MAKE REGULAR, I WILL MAKE REGULAR" )

" I guess my job as an RCA is about to get a lot easier. "

-- Possibly -- IF -- you were running lots of Amazone parcels for other routes.

Windindaface

A question... These other routes were counted with the AZON drops previously? Or were these freebies?

FYI, never had AZON drops. I deliver to 706 curbside boxes and 72 CBU/POB in 44 miles. My EVAL is 43K/L for now. Low volume route.

borkna

borkna -- So close and yet so far, Sorry!

-- Note the date Amazon dried up on the calendar -- just in case the avalanche returns later in the year -- like a month of so AFTER count!!

-- What is the current evaluation, mileage, and # of boxes for the AUX.

-- Way back when an AUX needed to reach 39 standard hours to become a regular route. BUT thanks to Arbitrator Clarke ( 2010-2015 ), AUX routes now need 42 standard hours! Which if you look on the table of Standard Hours, is greater than low H routes! So in theory, after running a 41-hour AUX, the AUX carrier could be required to assist a 40-Hour H route! ( that would create a vacuum! )

-- Too many "if's" to tell if 550 boxes would make a regular route. Including no guarantee manglement will add territory with Amazon delivering most of their own.

-- If manglement does add territory, would need the route mileage, volume factor, box factor ( all curb side or a mix of curb and cluster boxes ), POV or LLV.

-- To make matters worse, it appears many of current standards will disappear or be lowered if and when RRECS is implemented, so don't go making any availablity promises to the wife.

"Don't know what to think now. "

-- Although difficult, try to think POSITIVE! ( as in "I WILL MAKE REGULAR, I WILL MAKE REGULAR" )

" I guess my job as an RCA is about to get a lot easier. "

-- Possibly -- IF -- you were running lots of Amazone parcels for other routes.
Thank you, @btdtret. Well, as it stands, the aux has 370-380 boxes, and is at 18 miles. It's a POV route. The new territory would add at least 170 boxes, but that area is growing fast...so would be more like 250 more within the next few months. Everything on the route is CBU's and would remain CBU's after new territory, if added. The new territory would add about 8 or 9 more miles.
Yeah, my hopes are pretty much dashed, but I will still try to think positive about everything. The job will definitely get a lot easier for everyone at the office if Amazon doesn't make its way back somehow. The job was more Amazon than anything else it seems. Amazon took precedence over mail, really.

borkna

A question... These other routes were counted with the AZON drops previously? Or were these freebies?

FYI, never had AZON drops. I deliver to 706 curbside boxes and 72 CBU/POB in 44 miles. My EVAL is 43K/L for now. Low volume route.
That definitely helps me to get an idea of the expectations with box numbers. Thank you!
Yes, Amazon was counted last February, and it was heavy as hell at that time. Don't know if that means routes will start getting consolidated or not.

btdtret

D.Cooper et al -- "Isn't it simply AMAZING.... how many peeps have gotten on here and said Amazon drops started RIGHT after their last mail count... now we have them stopping right before mail counts... what a coincidence... simply AMAZING.. "

-- Maybe that should be "AMAZONING."

-- It describes the action taken by a company that begins parcel drops to a post office soon after a count has concluded.

-- The phenomenon also occurs when a company stops parcel drops at a post office right before a count begins.

Isn't it simply AMAZING.... how many peeps have gotten on here and said Amazon drops started RIGHT after their last mail count... now we have them stopping right before mail counts... what a coincidence... simply AMAZING.... :(
No D.B. it is NOT amazing: it is a travesty that our "association" allows this to happen over and over! The no, or few Amazon packages for counts, and then they magically appear again. USPS manglement has no integrity smdh

Sandygirl

No D.B. it is NOT amazing: it is a travesty that our "association" allows this to happen over and over! The no, or few Amazon packages for counts, and then they magically appear again. USPS manglement has no integrity smdh
What ever happened to that reporter that was on here who was gonna get the word out about how all this has worked the last 6 years or so? Wasn't he writing a story about the travesty?

btdtret

Surprise! et al -- "My Amazon disapeard right before the mail count then appeared after the mail count was over. How does one prove it is not random chance? "

-- Probably more like a random "choice".

-- Just chalk it off to just another in a l-o-n-g line of "postal coincidences" that seem to happen right around Count time.

-- Other wise one would need a court order or a Freedom Of Information Act application to look at notes, memos, letters, etc of the offending company and one knows how long it takes to get a response to a FOIA request -- usually longer that to have a Step 4 greivence settled.

DB.Cooper

Sorry to say Borkna... but they will likely do what they can (manipulate) to keep from making a new Regular route.... seems you're already seeing that with the Amazon.... let the games begin.... 😳

Shafted

I was private message contacted by the reporter Michael Williams a year ago for an article/ research about Amazon. I told him that if he printed what I had to say that he would be redacting about 99% of it for language content. 😂

csparks

I'm not beyond believing this was an organized tactic. Plan a count, then pull Amazon is the reverse back-stab of what happened to our office: Count, then add Amazon.

You'll just have to wait and see if the Amazon magically reappears after count.

TheDude

Isn't it simply AMAZING.... how many peeps have gotten on here and said Amazon drops started RIGHT after their last mail count... now we have them stopping right before mail counts... what a coincidence... simply AMAZING.... :(
It's crazy. I've mentioned it here multiple times. With my office, 1 weeks after the last count we were told they would be starting amazon drops. 2 weeks after than phone call they started. I have told my DR this and said that it seems impossible that the simple logistics weren't being worked on during or before the count and they KNEW they would be starting immediately after mail count as to intentionally not have to pay the carrier. She agreed and gave the "oh well, what are we going to do?" line.

Honestly, Amazon is straight profit for the P.O. at my office. I don't blame them too much. It's sleazy for sure but that's what we have a union for. It's amazing that the union can openly admit we are being taken advantage of yet accept it and have no course of action to resolve it.

All I want is a mail count, or the option to count. Instead, knowing full well that RRECS won't be implemented for the duration of this entire contract, our union agrees to no mail counts. Oh wait, they didn't agree to NO counts, they just agrees the P.O. can have one every September if they see fit. I guess they don't realize the P.O. has all the data and if they can see they are profiting off of rural carriers not being paid what they should be according to evaluation as a whole, they can avoid counts. If they see that tons of carriers are being paid for things like amazon that has STOPPED coming they can count. It's truly ridiculous.

Voglio-il mio

So, I am the senior RCA at my office. There's an auxiliary that was suppose to gain enough territory to become a regular route. The count is next week, and literally this week, Amazon started delivering like 95% of their own parcels. We went from getting 8-11 pallets on a regular day, down to about 6, and now we are getting 2.

Two routes were about to cut off some of their territory to give to the aux. I doubt they will do that now. Normally Mondays are insane. Yesterday, everyone was back by 3 or 3:30. Amazon was more than 50% of our daily load. We still get a lot of first class and priority parcels, but it's nothing like it was with Amazon.

I was hoping for the route to at least become a 40H...or whatever the minimum is for me to go regular on it.

If the territory from the other routes was still given up, the route would end up having about 550 boxes. Can anyone say how many boxes the PO expects a route to have to become a regular route? I'm sure there are a lot of factors that go into it.

I was really hoping to not have to be the office bitch anymore. I hate it so much, but have put up with it and have done everything I have been told to do, with hopes of becoming a regular. Don't know what to think now. I guess my job as an RCA is about to get a lot easier. Hopefully I will have a little more time with my family now. I have been doing this for them, anyway. So many times I've apologized to my wife for not having time because of the PO. I have told her over and over that soon enough, I should be a regular and things will change once that happens.

UGH.

Sorry, I mainly just need to vent and cry a little....
Rest assure that your Amazon will come back after the count has ended!