Just made 47k, need advice.

Twistofcain

I went to a 47k last October, I believe. Was hoping they’d let me keep it, as I’m not even close to 2080 trouble. No such luck, BUT they only shaved off enough to make it a 46. Took them about 5 months to actually pull the trigger on the cut.
They only cut u down 1 hour?! I was a 47k cut to a 42k!! Still workin 45 hours a week...

Nevrgivup

****Update update***
I didn’t think that out correctly. If I lose the 8 boxes I won’t fall below a 43. 🙄 So stressed out over losing the $275 a week. Can’t think straight but what I’m worried about now is in order for me to move up my hour I’m in the hole 8 boxes already so now I technically need 25 new boxes. Am I still thinking this out correctly?
Well I have done my homework on my edit sheets. I pulled out an even earlier one just so I could compare all 3. This is an ongoing problem. I have now 8 boxes that I either just wanted the number added to my labels but wanted kept deactivated or it just became active. Proof when I compare the 3 edit sheets side by side. And I also have 6 boxes that I tried to deactivate and they were not deactivated. So a total of 14 boxes. 3.64 x 14 = 50.96 minutes. I came back at 56:34 so if my edit sheet would have been correctly inserted I would be a 46. This is a problem!!!😠

junkchucker

They only cut u down 1 hour?! I was a 47k cut to a 42k!! Still workin 45 hours a week...
Someone with more knowledge than me can chime in here, but I believe they can only cut you to a 43k. Reason for only cutting back to a 46 was I’m in no danger of 2080 trouble. A couple other routes in my office were cut to a 43 from a 47, but those carriers were consistently over their evaluations.

Morty

I'd feel better if you updated us on Monday and said you submitted your grievanves 😁

Retroactive route restoration is possible. It'll take 3 ish months, but certainly a reality.

Rt2mailman

Someone with more knowledge than me can chime in here, but I believe they can only cut you to a 43k. Reason for only cutting back to a 46 was I’m in no danger of 2080 trouble. A couple other routes in my office were cut to a 43 from a 47, but those carriers were consistently over their evaluations.
Your manager can cut any carrier to a 43k after being overburdened, 42 only with justifying reason for the extra hour cut.

Last edited:

Nevrgivup

I'd feel better if you updated us on Monday and said you submitted your grievanves 😁

Retroactive route restoration is possible. It'll take 3 ish months, but certainly a reality.
I’m off Monday but I’m meeting with our old union steward tomorrow morning over breakfast to fill out the grievances. Don’t worry I’m a fighter. Not my first rodeo. I will definitely keep you posted and I’m definitely submitting 😡

Nevrgivup

I need some more advice. I presented management my grievances. Initial and date them. Now I call who I believe is our DR and he says I need to go into the office and get in writing that I’m requesting a current edit sheet update along with a updated 4003. If I do that I’m going to drop to a 42 with less pay and right now I’m not feeling to confident with any retroactive anything with his advice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I also found out we do have a new steward as of yesterday. I’m meeting with her tomorrow.

Deer smearer

Not to hijack the thread too much, however I have a question.

Is there REQUIRED training for clerks before they can enter edit book changes? Or is it like everything else, it’s not their pay being affected so they just wing it?

Nevrgivup

Not to hijack the thread too much, however I have a question.

Is there REQUIRED training for clerks before they can enter edit book changes? Or is it like everything else, it’s not their pay being affected so they just wing it?
My supervisor is the one who has been doing our edit books

Nevrgivup

Who signs he sheet when you send in your edit sheet? If you do, you’re up a creek. If your manager signs it , you’re ok.
I have 1 set of initials out of 2 different edit books. Those initials are on the oldest one from October of 2020. There are no initials on the January 2021. And my newest one didn’t even come with a sign off page attached to it. 🙄

Nevrgivup

I need some more advice. I presented management my grievances. Initial and date them. Now I call who I believe is our DR and he says I need to go into the office and get in writing that I’m requesting a current edit sheet update along with a updated 4003. If I do that I’m going to drop to a 42 with less pay and right now I’m not feeling to confident with any retroactive anything with his advice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I also found out we do have a new steward as of yesterday. I’m meeting with her tomorrow.
He also informed me that management is no longer allowed to do adjustments. All route adjustments have to be done at the district level and I’m pretty sure my supervisor did my adjustment and also didn’t drive it because there’s a box he left that should have been taken off because it’s on one of the streets he cut off of my route.😳

Morty

The steward can get all the information needed. Edits from the past year. 4003 edits from the past year. They should match each other at all times.

Fighting this won't make things worse. This was going to happen whether you fought or stayed submissive.

Also write out your charge against the post office. Why are you grieving this. What actions do you feel were taken against you. What remedy do you seek.

You can do some fact finding. Count your active boxes from January from your edit sheet. It should match the count on your 4003 and 4240 from January. The recent ones should match perfectly.