• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier....

Rivian is an all electric company. Their platform is made as such, that it can accept a body made by any major carmaker.

Ford and Anazon bought a major stake in Rivian.

Ford was the co sponsor to Oshkosh in the Postal deal.

Ford stock is at $11-12. If you believe electric is the future, and Rivian will be a major player. Then buy call contracts 2 years out.

This may be happening out there already, but the old-school water cooler/swamp cooler would be a decent help out in Southern California. I've seen them for sale at Atwoods (farm store) and would love to have one for the barn or to play around with, but they're aren't cheap. I think the modern name is Evaporative Cooler.

I had some old relatives back in the 60s that had those. You never forget the smell/sensation of those old houses with the water coolers on a hot Oklahoma or Mississippi day.
Ah yes, had one in a home I purchased decades ago before the corporate transfers -- worked like a charm, actually better than air conditioning in 90 degree weather.

I'm going to retire out of state, but my comment was really geared toward the California mandate for all electric vehicles by 2030, which, with post office following, wondering exactly where all that electricity will come from?? They can't come close to production of need now.

My husband works in electrical construction, building substations. The current condition of the grid and distribution makes widespread use of EVs absolutely laughable.
Exactly as I thought. Our current electrical grid can't handle America using all electric vehicles. The question is: Will the grid EVER be robust enough to handle that kind of power usage? And what will be the power source to provide that electricity? Nuclear? We are already decommissioning all of those plants. Coal, water, solar? All of them together can barely supply what we use in todays world. Another plan put forward that hasn't been thought through.

Back