• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Leaving office in drivers seat

My route starts .6 miles from office and my first box in a curve I think your being a tad biased. Your situation makes sense, glad your okay
Biased? Seriously? Everyone knows, including Post Office manglement, that driving a left-hand-drive vehicle from the passenger's seat is not a safe activity. Period. We are allowed to do so out of necessity, not convenience.

I'm tall enough that I could ride fully seated in the passenger's seat and reach the controls. Because of that I always wore a seat belt while delivering.

PO-603 171.51(b)(2) When operating a privately owned left-hand drive (LHD) vehicle, seat belts must be worn and the carrier must be positioned directly behind the steering wheel when traveling to and from the route, between Postal Service units, and during any deviations from the established line of travel beyond one-half mile for delivery, including travel between routes when service is provided on more than one route. A privately owned vehicle partially equipped with dual controls is considered an LHD vehicle for the purpose of this requirement.

Seatbelts are great..... but, if we're driving 75 or a 100 miles without them on the route.... is wearing them the 1st and last half mile of the route really doing much good.... or is it just putting us at more risk by sitting longer out on the highway making these changes???? :unsure:
Wearing a seat belt is putting you at greater risk? :LOL: Are there honestly not any driveways out there or are you just looking for excuses to do something the way you've always done it?

There’s no reason why any manager or regular should allow that customer to have his box on that side of the street, unless it is for hardship. It does work out for you, however, I would switch to the left side at the second to last box.

Not sure of the situation. It has been that way for a long time. I just know the regular has to pull in drive and back out.

But IDK for me since LHD, I guess technically I am suppose to follow line of travel, but it is interesting situation that RRECS won't account for. Person has LHD and other has RHD.

Back