• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

LLV issues

Lyra

It’s been a little over a month and I’ve written my truck out about six times asking for new brakes. Along with new brakes I’ve asked for new front tires and a few other things. We have a small office and so we don’t have any extra trucks. As I said it’s been a month and they keep saying you’re next. Today my truck squeaks like a pig. So if I don’t have a truck and I’m not driving my own car do I just write down the wait time until someone comes back.

It’s been a little over a month and I’ve written my truck out about six times asking for new brakes. Along with new brakes I’ve asked for new front tires and a few other things. We have a small office and so we don’t have any extra trucks. As I said it’s been a month and they keep saying you’re next. Today my truck squeaks like a pig. So if I don’t have a truck and I’m not driving my own car do I just write down the wait time until someone comes back.

When I had my LLV I was told the same thing, I just claimed it a safety issue then they get right to you.

Yes, it would be wait time. I would use the safety card and if that doesn't work just count the hours till another carrier gets back and you have a truck.

o time and on the scanner loading time I push everything on the dock get it ready and sit with it until a truck shows up district had a issue with my reasoning but a truck could show anytime

Along with the list of bad brakes and tires my emergency brake doesn’t even work and they’ve been letting me drive like this for a month... and to use my truck on Sunday...

It’s a safety issue, keep writing it up. A carrier had a little lady pull out in front of her, couldn’t stop and hit in the rear. Carrier didn’t get in trouble because she had wrote it up multiple times for brakes and kept copies of write up.

Do I keep the O time on my time sheet and when I get 8 hours turn it into a x day?

I asked if I should go home and come back at 2. I was told I have to drive it. Can you believe this place?

Ask for a blank copy of the “0 time tracking sheet”. You still write your o time on the time sheet, but you also record the date minutes and reason on the tracking sheet for reference. When it adds up to 8 hours, you ask for the x day for it. PM’s hate it when you ask for one because now they know you are keeping track of those 8 hours haha. My fav was when I finally earned a day off the sheet MAGICALLY disappeared from the drawer in my case. The look on my PM’s face was PRICELESS when I said oh, no worries, I have a photo copy of it, and walked away smiling. Play dirty with me jackass, and you can expect to lose every time. To keep grimy mgt in check you basically have to think in your mind, what dirty thing would they do, and then prepare for it before it happens. There is no bottom to the snake pit that they live in.

I asked if I should go home and come back at 2. I was told I have to drive it. Can you believe this place?
You do NOT have to drive it.
THESE USLESS MANURE BAGS ARE PUTTING YOU IN DANGER.
Get the district safety rep involved, get their #, email or fax from the union. Contact them while you're waiting.

I twice refused to leave for my route until my lazy manager had put my creepy stalker's delayed mail (undelivered by management for days) into creep's box. The second time (in the same week) when they hadn't told me they took it out, I called EAP while I waited.
(EAP said management was traumatizing me. NO KIDDING.)

They care nothing for your safety, they are setting you up for injury or death..
Kick them in the @$$. They deserve it.

You deserve better.

Since you have written your issues up regarding your LLV and have a signed copy of repair tag(s). Did you ask your PM for a written documentation requiring you to drive this noted LLV with issues?

document everything keep your copy of repair tags red tag it for the parking break you have a roll away nobody will get your job back they can drive you in a van or they can rent a car and drive you. You need a paper trail and if they tell you to drive it red tag it .

document everything keep your copy of repair tags red tag it for the parking break you have a roll away nobody will get your job back they can drive you in a van or they can rent a car and drive you. You need a paper trail and if they tell you to drive it red tag it .

I don't even know what a red tag is.. Also My union isnt any help at all. I hate putting my name into the ohh look.. Im starting crap again pile. How do I get the district safety rep info?

I don't even know what a red tag is.. Also My union isnt any help at all. I hate putting my name into the ohh look.. Im starting crap again pile. How do I get the district safety rep info?
Refuse to drive the unsafe vehicle. Ask your local DMV about safety yours and the public. If you can't be cohersed into driving it they cannot blame you. Refuse. Being rural you're already on the list.

Back