• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

LLV Seats

deleted.user

No matter what LLV I use, the seats are just horrible. They have been making my lower back become more sore over time. I even stretch and do fitness exercises that target my lower back and still the seats do a number on my back. Is there anything I can do to protect my back i.e. seat cushion, or lumbar support seat attachment. I can see this becoming a downward trend to future medical issues.

You can get, like you said a seat cushion and a lumbar support. The lumbar supports have elastic that secure them to the seat backs. 

Are your llv seats worn down? If there is no padding left you can submit a repair request for a new seat. 

My seat was bothering me also. They put a new seat in for me and it really helped. I like a seat that is not so upright also, one that is reclined a bit. That was also contributing to my back pain. My old seat was lopsided and had worn cushioning which bothered my hips...again the new seat helped.

Yes, those seats are not good at all!  I purchased alonf time ago on line a gel cushion that does not slip, is higher in the back and has a divit where your spine lands.  Got it from Gelco.  I think it was around $60 and it was well worth it.  Never thought of submitting for a new seat, lol.....we can bearly get our trucks fixed with brakes and such.....this request I am sure will not be addressed as soon as anyone would like so go on line and protect your spine!  We have to take care of ourselves, the PO doesn't have our backs!!!!!!!!!!

????????

thewayiseeit240 -- "the seats are just horrible"

--  Request a new seat.  The new seats have lumbar support built in.

--  If manglement refuses or the VMF doesn't have any or won't order one, request manglement purchase one of the previously mentioned lumbar supports items.   Try citing future back issues ( job-related ) could be eliminated.  Also Subsection 142.3 of the PO-603:  The USPS supplies all additional necessary equipment, supplies and forms.  Worse case scenario, you purchase one yourself.

--  Don't know if this will help, but the seats have two levers underneath.  One allows the seat to move forward and backward.  The other allows the seat to rotate 90 degrees to the right so you can face the mail box.

Back