• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Lost Parcel

Many offices tried to decrease the mileage paid on routes due to scammer data.
(There were entire threads on this thievery.)

I never thought about the look ahead to add to accumulating RRECS data! Hmmmmmmm.

I've never used this feature, I may start using it for parcels at the end of my route.
I normally don't mark any, just glace and remember, but that's hard to do in the dark!??????

Had PM ask me to look for parcel out for delivery on my day off, no scan on street. Parcel lockers and box was cleared out...when I got back he said he had already been to customers house...parcel was delivered and he scanned the empty box. Then he told me he had been on a telecon for over an hour due to that one parcel that was delivered correctly but not scanned. Meanwhile look at all the screwed up mail we see every day that never improves!!
Not much hope for us, I’m afraid. Cover your butt?

Had PM ask me to look for parcel out for delivery on my day off, no scan on street. Parcel lockers and box was cleared out...when I got back he said he had already been to customers house...parcel was delivered and he scanned the empty box. Then he told me he had been on a telecon for over an hour due to that one parcel that was delivered correctly but not scanned. Meanwhile look at all the screwed up mail we see every day that never improves!!
Not much hope for us, I’m afraid. Cover your butt?
After a day off, I always come back to parcels undelivered or customers looking for parcels.... I always wonder if I could get away with this, as others seem to.... :unsure:

I am currently being questioned about a Parcel Scan on route. It was from 3 weeks ago. The question about delivery is not from the customer or shipper. It is from some Druid who looks at scans.

Story is I scanned item as FWD on run at location. I denied claim because I always scan FWD items in office before AM depart or in the afternoon when I set up from the afternoon UPS drops for next day.

It is driving this Druid nuts because the scan ping for this action is at the box and there are no other scans in system for the item. At the call sit in (with an extra body) this Druid admitted the scanners are faulty. They also requested a reach out to the customer by management to ask if they got the item.

I am currently being questioned about a Parcel Scan on route. It was from 3 weeks ago. The question about delivery is not from the customer or shipper. It is from some Druid who looks at scans.

Story is I scanned item as FWD on run at location. I denied claim because I always scan FWD items in office before AM depart or in the afternoon when I set up from the afternoon UPS drops for next day.

It is driving this Druid nuts because the scan ping for this action is at the box and there are no other scans in system for the item. At the call sit in (with an extra body) this Druid admitted the scanners are faulty. They also requested a reach out to the customer by management to ask if they got the item.
When I get questioned about off-the-wall scans, I attribute it to "fat-finger-syndrome"----hitting the wrong key

When I hop back in ride I toss scanner on LLV table. Sometimes it lands on something face down and beeps insanely. Flip it over with no look to shut it up.. Grab it for next scan without looking what mode it's in and scan and go.

Not my problem for the design flaw if it lands face down on something and changes mode.

Today at the tail end of run from face down lie and mode change into manual input of time of delivery. All those items were left at 12am by my input. I see a chat in the next few days.

The software does have bugs that cause a "scan" to complete as something other than delivered sometimes. I've had it go through as a (H) prepaid acceptance scan before.

It's either a software bug or keypad malfunction. Maybe gunk or moisture gets down in the circuitry of the keypad and causes it to "select" certain numbers sometimes. Or certain keys are stuck. For the most part, you would never know this was happening until you go to scan an item.

The software does have bugs that cause a "scan" to complete as something other than delivered sometimes. I've had it go through as a (H) prepaid acceptance scan before.

It's either a software bug or keypad malfunction. Maybe gunk or moisture gets down in the circuitry of the keypad and causes it to "select" certain numbers sometimes. Or certain keys are stuck. For the most part, you would never know this was happening until you go to scan an item.
I got dinged for that before.... said I did acceptance scans instead of delivery.... I think it's a glitch.... when they said I did it, the clerk piped in and said, oh yeah, that happened to your sub a day or 2 ago when you were off.... js.... scanner glitch.... :unsure:

I think it's a keypad or my malfunction. I often hold/carry the scanner carelessly
without using the POS strap. I think I accidentally hit keys during my stroll back to the LLV.

i keep being jealous of you for have pms that are actually reasonable. mine makes me go back and attempt to rescan(even if it involves knocking on the customers door) if my scanner scans something as a pick up instead of a delivery. although much of that has stopped now that ive gotten the union involved and pm must pay me for the extra time.

I've had a couple of times where the scanner locked up on me and I had to reboot it. All good and well, right? Well nope. When the scanner came back up all Look Ahead items where gone. My PM brought me another scanner from the office and voila....all the parcels were back.
I have not had that happen, cut many times the lookahead will not show up in the Parking Lot but will show up soon after, and rarely it doesnt show up at all.... however with enough practice( sort of like having a new baby) you will learn its nuances and things will improve....

My scanner will sometimes ring as if a cell phone. It always happens between 11:00 and 11:15. My PM thought I was nuts, but a couple of days ago it rang while I was back at the PO reloading for my second load so I got the MP to hear it. Said they would ask at the next teleconference what is the deal.

Anyone else have that happen?

Back