• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Mail Count Request

lovehawkins2003-- "How can our office have a mail count requested? What do we need to do?"

-- Toss a few coins in a wishing well will get better results than the current 2018-2021 contract, which has NO scheduled national mail counts.

-- Then there is Article 9.2.C.11 -- Special Counts.

-- Don't depend on MOU's #1 or #2 being invoked.

-- Likewise for the M-38's ( Management of Rural Delivery Services ) 527 - Special Mail Counts

-- Requesting a Formal DPS Review which fails probably has the best chance of getting a Special Mail Count - in September.

lovehawkins2003-- "How can our office have a mail count requested? What do we need to do?"

-- Toss a few coins in a wishing well will get better results than the current 2018-2021 contract, which has NO scheduled national mail counts.

-- Then there is Article 9.2.C.11 -- Special Counts.

-- Don't depend on MOU's #1 or #2 being invoked.

-- Likewise for the M-38's ( Management of Rural Delivery Services ) 527 - Special Mail Counts

-- Requesting a Formal DPS Review which fails probably has the best chance of getting a Special Mail Count - in September.
dps review is the way to go!

Ok thanks for the advice. But I feel like we qualify for a special route. Not sure what the qualifications are but it’s very obvious that something needs to be done.. I will request a dps review tho and read up on it. Thanks guys!

Ok thanks for the advice. But I feel like we qualify for a special route. Not sure what the qualifications are but it’s very obvious that something needs to be done.. I will request a dps review tho and read up on it. Thanks guys!
read up on it first (it's a big change) and it should be acted on quickly by management as soon as you turn it in....

try to time it around large mailings, holidays or when you get buckets of fletters.
true but as soon as possible, you'll reap the benefits longer before the count in September...use the dps review calculator that I believe is on this site, I didn't have that calculator and didn't do the math right, I went way to far over the evaluation on my route and got cut to the bone, was still making good money because you get paid different ... I didn't really know what I was doing or have anyone guiding me like they should and requested it like in July which was way to close to Sept by the time all the wheels get greased and turned...when I did get counted I ended up going to J route, took me a bit to get it built back up...
It can be a great tool but you need to figure out exactly what you'll come out to (using that calculator and your last counts dps #s)...Most I've read about only get cut a couple of hours...just make sure your not going to go to far over that 47 or 48 # and do it early in the year....

If you're doing it, put in your request be Saturday, before noon. That way, you get the wonderful day after the holiday DPS and fletters.

Back