Mail count results ?

hockey94

When are the results of mail count supposed to be put in place ??

I am curious as how to our crook in charge has stolen from the carriers !! Shouldnt the new evaluations have already taken effect ???

neciat

That should have been October 9th. You also should have ALREADY received a couple of 4241A forms, one for the route book and one with the salary information on it for yourself as well a a Form 50. Also, the 4240 should reflect the changes with the new standard hours / evaluation. Keep in mind that because this was a special count, if there was not a two hour or more change up or down, then the route(s) remained the same as it / they were BEFORE the count.

hockey94

That should have been October 9th. You also should have ALREADY received a couple of 4241A forms, one for the route book and one with the salary information on it for yourself as well a a Form 50. Also, the 4240 should reflect the changes with the new standard hours / evaluation. Keep in mind that because this was a special count, if there was not a two hour or more change up or down, then the route(s) remained the same as it / they were BEFORE the count.

So if the routes did not change, should they still have gotten the 4241A forms and a form 50 ?

One of the routes was a newly formed aux route. The other one is an absolute disaster and the carrier has been screwed over for 3 plus years !

Both of ppl said they did not get anything in the mail !!

Last edited:

neciat

Well, I was referring to any route(s) that did get counted. There are criteria to be counted under "special count" . You mentioned an aux route that should have been full time. Probably so but the route must be 42 standard hours to be considered full time. The person on the aux. should have been submitting changes , additions, etc. as they would have occurred and standard hour increases would have followed. THEN, the route would receive a new 4241A and the carrier a new Form 50 (s) even with NOT counting. The new aux. would probably not meet criteria to be counted. Here is the criteria for qualifying for a special count :

11. Special Counts
a. Special counts are conducted under the following two (2) circumstances:

(1) When circumstances have negated the valid-
ity of the latest count and evaluation. No
salary adjustments will be made as a result of
the count unless the evaluation of the route is
changed by 120 minutes (2 hours) or more.
(2) Whenever a 120 minute (2 hours) or more
salary adjustment is made on a route,
whether due to a substantial service
change or a route adjustment, and the
density of the route after the change has
been increased to twelve (12) boxes per
mile or more or has been decreased to
less than twelve (12) boxes per mile.

hockey94

Well, I was referring to any route(s) that did get counted. There are criteria to be counted under "special count" . You mentioned an aux route that should have been full time. Probably so but the route must be 42 standard hours to be considered full time. The person on the aux. should have been submitting changes , additions, etc. as they would have occurred and standard hour increases would have followed. THEN, the route would receive a new 4241A and the carrier a new Form 50 (s) even with NOT counting. The new aux. would probably not meet criteria to be counted. Here is the criteria for qualifying for a special count :

11. Special Counts
a. Special counts are conducted under the following two (2) circumstances:

(1) When circumstances have negated the valid-
ity of the latest count and evaluation. No
salary adjustments will be made as a result of
the count unless the evaluation of the route is
changed by 120 minutes (2 hours) or more.
(2) Whenever a 120 minute (2 hours) or more
salary adjustment is made on a route,
whether due to a substantial service
change or a route adjustment, and the
density of the route after the change has
been increased to twelve (12) boxes per
mile or more or has been decreased to
less than twelve (12) boxes per mile.

I mistyped on the aux that should be full time, it has enough time to be f/t but for whatever reason it does not have a reg carrier assigned to it, but it has an RCA (I guess, on a hold down). I have told the person on it, YOU have to contact the union and get this situation fixed !! I stopped trying to help this person.

The aux route came from the above route, its almost 5 hrs/day.

The f/t route should have gone up for bid awhile ago. I wouldnt go near that route.

I think the pm rather I know is purposely keeping it unassigned so that person can help elsewhere. WTF knows !

hockey94

You or your steward can demand a copy of most recent 4241-A by close of business. That will tell if the information was updated or with the musical chairs that finalized on October 4th - it may be sitting in some dead email link.

Its not my route or any of my business, so I stay out of it ! As I stated above, I have tried to help this person but for whatever reason, he/she doesnt want to do anything about it.

PastOThirty

In order to get a copy of the raw mail count data, and not just a summary with time values applied, your supervisor will either need the original or original copy that they kept filed in office; or they need granted access to the RRMCS (rural route mail count system) via an eaccess request, which requires the oic/pm approval and some level of approval at the district/coordinator level. This process will take several days, unless an appropriately motivating email or phone call is directed to the necessary people.

gotstamps

Its not my route or any of my business, so I stay out of it ! As I stated above, I have tried to help this person but for whatever reason, he/she doesnt want to do anything about it.
If the hours are more than 42 & it’s been over 30 days without being posted for bid, ANY carrier can file the grievance regardless of whether they want the route or not.