Mapping

Oi veh.

Staff member
my magic 8 ball tells me a lot of people who haven't figured out how to best play the RRECS game are gone be crying in their beer come implementation, for example, that idjet at national convention who gets up and browbeats the current PMG over small mailboxes. ;)

gotstamps

We waited two hours for the freeze to thaw a number of times after minor changes or input. During Zoom training was told to wait "ten minutes" for processing. Spoke directly with program director for tech support, since she's heading the entire mapping figured that was the best source. She validated everything we were doing was accurate and correct. I would work early, 5 am, and things would process, but about 7:30 it all ground to a halt as more users were on the system nationwide.

Called upon the support staff provided and no reply in three days, dozens of calls and emails. We had no RCA's to cover routes except one, so I did most of the mapping project on my own. I had four different offices in the Area calling me for tech help as they couldn't get through to tech support either, and they were having the same issues I'd had. Region apparently referred them to me. One office had their resources quit, so EAS had to try to figure out what and how.

Best we could do with what we were given. They should have sent or selected a sharper tool if they wanted better performance. We did the best we could. Guess it was blind leading blind.
WOW!!! Sorry to hear of your struggles.
As I said, I had no issues whatsoever. Never needed to call the Help Line. The other facilitator had 1 issue but it’s a programming issue... something they should allow but not possible in this version of mapping. The other facilitator tried to hurry through the 1st route mapping & it froze a few times. I decided to work at a slower more steady pace & not get more than 3 notification boxes rolling at a time.
Sure hope whatever y’all’s issues were are cleared up.

Old Fart

WOW!!! Sorry to hear of your struggles.
As I said, I had no issues whatsoever. Never needed to call the Help Line. The other facilitator had 1 issue but it’s a programming issue... something they should allow but not possible in this version of mapping. The other facilitator tried to hurry through the 1st route mapping & it froze a few times. I decided to work at a slower more steady pace & not get more than 3 notification boxes rolling at a time.
Sure hope whatever y’all’s issues were are cleared up.
We got it done. Just lots more troubles than originally billed in the zoom training. The program lead was most gracious with her time helping me, and also those who called for my help, getting us through the glitches and hiccups. (Even our slower and steadier froze...ugh...but all's well now)

WestCoastRural

In RRECS, we will be paid for the mileage & footage to the door.
Under RRECS the front door is part of the route because it’s measured and we are paid.
During my last count, on my route inspection I wasn’t getting any footage for taking parcel to the door. This is contradicting to RRECS. Can you explain the discrepancy?

gotstamps

Under RRECS the front door is part of the route because it’s measured and we are paid.
During my last count, on my route inspection I wasn’t getting any footage for taking parcel to the door. This is contradicting to RRECS. Can you explain the discrepancy?
The front door is not part of the route mileage in the mapping programs. I am not sure how that will calculate in when RRECS is implemented but I could see it akin to the Column 17 extra-duties time that we get under the old evaluation system.
Under RRECS, route mileage will be calculated at different “minutes per mile” calculations so it’s much more difficult than the 2 minutes per mile that we get now. Once this trial run is completed, there should be a clearer picture of before & after.
None of the evaluations will actually change at this time.

DB.Cooper

... Once this trial run is completed, there should be a clearer picture of before & after.
Hopefully the results will be widely shared, and enuf pertinent data provided to know what we're looking at.... and hopefully the routes were representative of many types of routes and not cherry picked to fit their desired conclusions..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🧐

gotstamps

Hopefully the results will be widely shared, and enuf pertinent data provided to know what we're looking at.... and hopefully the routes were representative of many types of routes and not cherry picked to fit their desired conclusions..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🧐
I think they went down the line looking for ones that weren’t expected to have many issues. None of ours had apartments, just townhomes. Some had businesses but not for sure if any were shopping centers or just stand-alone.

Windindaface

The reason of no footage to the door on last Hard Count was RRECS is not in effect.

Under current count rules for a parcel credit is any item exceeding 1 9/16? in girth was credited as a parcel. This total and the math used is on the 4241M under line 9. JS... How many 1 5/8s can you stuff in a box?

Under RRECS the beat feet to the door trips is based on your Nanny Scanny tote.

Old Fart

The front door is not part of the route mileage in the mapping programs. I am not sure how that will calculate in when RRECS is implemented but I could see it akin to the Column 17 extra-duties time that we get under the old evaluation system.
Under RRECS, route mileage will be calculated at different “minutes per mile” calculations so it’s much more difficult than the 2 minutes per mile that we get now. Once this trial run is completed, there should be a clearer picture of before & after.
Yes this mapping is just supposedly to see if the breadcrumbs from scanners and the plotting by carriers in the program match up. No effect on evaluations.

Gotrope

I think they went down the line looking for ones that weren’t expected to have many issues. None of ours had apartments, just townhomes. Some had businesses but not for sure if any were shopping centers or just stand-alone.
I know mine was specifically excluded as an outlier route. Too many businesses, shopping centers, dismounted, long drive delivery

Haychica

If you have townhomes, duplexes, or apartments, you’ll need to know where the front doors to these addresses are. Also, bring coffee. It can be a bit boring at times. If you have been scanning at the EXACT delivery location & following your Line of Travel, it could be all done in 1 day. The “pin” drops where you initiate the scan.
Thanks..yesterday was a total failure..we'll see what today brings.
We have new developments with townhomes that aren't built yet but We were told to guess yes guess where the porch or front door is..wtf...that's not right!😣👿👿

flash

The program “freezes “because the input is not complete. It has to have all 4 boxes checked and be complete to move on to next box. Grouping could also be an issue

junkchucker

I know mine was specifically excluded as an outlier route. Too many businesses, shopping centers, dismounted, long drive delivery
Speaking of businesses, of which I have many: small strip malls with 7 or 8 businesses, is it more beneficial to park at one end and walk the whole strip or move the llv the 15-20 feet for each individual business? Or does it even matter? Just trying to get the most I can out of this farce.

gotstamps

The program “freezes “because the input is not complete. It has to have all 4 boxes checked and be complete to move on to next box. Grouping could also be an issue
Not necessarily true on why some systems “freeze“. We were able to move ahead or backwards without completing the pins. Ours never froze up but I didn’t try to get too far ahead of the system updating. The other facilitator had a few freezes on one day but I don’t believe she had any on the 2nd.
one thing was found is it HAD to be done in Google Chrome & Laptops tended have more issues than using a Desktop.

We waited two hours for the freeze to thaw a number of times after minor changes or input. During Zoom training was told to wait "ten minutes" for processing. Spoke directly with program director for tech support, since she's heading the entire mapping figured that was the best source. She validated everything we were doing was accurate and correct. I would work early, 5 am, and things would process, but about 7:30 it all ground to a halt as more users were on the system nationwide.

Called upon the support staff provided and no reply in three days, dozens of calls and emails. We had no RCA's to cover routes except one, so I did most of the mapping project on my own. I had four different offices in the Area calling me for tech help as they couldn't get through to tech support either, and they were having the same issues I'd had. Region apparently referred them to me. One office had their resources quit, so EAS had to try to figure out what and how.

Best we could do with what we were given. They should have sent or selected a sharper tool if they wanted better performance. We did the best we could. Guess it was blind leading blind.
Talk to your NRO, ours is getting things straightened out since she found out about the "problems" this state has been having mapping.

Voglio-il mio

Once complete they said they were going to test the RRECS system. I'm sure they won't publish the results, and I'm positive the NRLCA won't tell us jack shoot either, so if anybody gets any inside information about the results please share! I would love to know & I'm sure other would also!

Last edited: