mapping

Haychica

How is someone supposed to know which different names are correct ? Especially, if the carrier rarely delivers that route, in addition, not all names on the cases are updated, even when the labels are changed. The PO is cutting costs all over the place and spending the time to update names is one of them. When subs had maybe a total of 30 packages if that, they probably had extra time to ATTEMPT to verify names. You are WRONG mail is delivered by address, not name !!
Ever hear of forwarding?..asking for a friend...??????? 😔

Haychica

If CFS can't get current valid forwards processed properly why should we give a crap about who hasn't lived there in 15 years getting junk mail addressed from an out of date mailing list?
Because it's what makes a difference in our evaluations and is vital to be addressed to get the time standard correct...rrecs and the union haven't addressed it..-no pun intended😉
Imho

Haychica

How is someone supposed to know which different names are correct ? Especially, if the carrier rarely delivers that route, in addition, not all names on the cases are updated, even when the labels are changed. The PO is cutting costs all over the place and spending the time to update names is one of them. When subs had maybe a total of 30 packages if that, they probably had extra time to ATTEMPT to verify names. You are WRONG mail is delivered by address, not name !!
All of the things you mentioned are fixable problems if management and the carrier does their job...pink forwarding cards are to be kept on each shelf and updated regularly,you check these cards for the current forwards BEFORE pulling down, and go to the slot and check through it...it takes about 5 minutes if everything is current.
However, now that carriers are being forced to take and sort on the street, imho, there's no way to do this...
This is one of two huge problems I have with sorting on the street ...
Fwiw...I sympathise with your dilemma.

hockey94

All of the things you mentioned are fixable problems if management and the carrier does their job...pink forwarding cards are to be kept on each shelf and updated regularly,you check these cards for the current forwards BEFORE pulling down, and go to the slot and check through it...it takes about 5 minutes if everything is current.
However, now that carriers are being forced to take and sort on the street, imho, there's no way to do this...
This is one of two huge problems I have with sorting on the street ...
Fwiw...I sympathise with your dilemma.
Lets be realistic here. Someone who runs a route once every 3-4 months, or gets thrown on a route, looking at pink cards is low on the priority list. If its a route with high turnover, trailer parks, apartments, no way someone is going to know who is in a residence, with maiden names, kids moving in and out. Its not my dilemma, its the way it is.

Haychica

Lets be realistic here. Someone who runs a route once every 3-4 months, or gets thrown on a route, looking at pink cards is low on the priority list. If its a route with high turnover, trailer parks, apartments, no way someone is going to know who is in a residence, with maiden names, kids moving in and out. Its not my dilemma, its the way it is.
5 minutes...the white stickers are all current..its not a priority unless you make it one...and MANAGEMENT enforces it...
Realistically...I...don't ...care..
but why are you even commenting on a function you don't even perform?

hockey94

I forgot how this whole discussion started, but, I never said, I didnt check forwards. Ha ha, that is a good one, mgt doing anything but harrassing us ! :) Have a great day !

Haychica

I forgot how this whole discussion started, but, I never said, I didnt check forwards. Ha ha, that is a good one, mgt doing anything but harrassing us ! :) Have a great day !
I remember, but not a hill worth dying on...
You too....

Last edited:

Lady Carrier

If you deliver to 12 main st and all the mail has different names from people who've lived there before, or moved then...no you're not delivering correctly...otherwise we wouldn't need FOE, UTF, FWD etc....
Actually, according to the PO 603 page 33, when we use house # and street we don't need names.
On routes where house numbers and street names have been
authorized, only that information is required. While customer names
may be added at your discretion, this practice is discouraged because
by doing so, it may be more difficult to read and maintain the labels.

Priorities have changed from quality of delivery to quantity of deliver.
I learned in a time of quality, correct mail to correct mailbox.
Now it is a time of quantity, just take it to the street and deliver it somewhere - don't bring it back unless you pick it up tomorrow.
I do NOT agree this is how we should do our job, but it it what is expected by management.

Windindaface

If CFS can't get current valid forwards processed properly why should we give a crap about who hasn't lived there in 15 years getting junk mail addressed from an out of date mailing list?
And with RRECS,...the following day when you pick up those bad name letters into the outgoing mail they will go increasing my incoming #s.

I just hope they don't write all over those letters, of "not here". That would draw my attention when they come back. If they don't write on them back in the box they go.

Haychica

Actually, according to the PO 603 page 33, when we use house # and street we don't need names.

Now it is a time of quantity, just take it to the street and deliver it somewhere - don't bring it back unless you pick it up tomorrow.
I do NOT agree this is how we should do our job, but it it what is expected by management.
I believe that section is referring to maintaining your case labels...which, where in lays the problem...
Thanks for the info

Haychica

So, forwarding and markups are obsolete....?

RFD

No I was not part of the study, but carrier after carrier who were in it, got no guidance from the union at any point early in observation what they were expected to do. This is a flawed study at every turn. Time to pay the piper because of this is coming.
I was in the study and you are 100% correct. None of us even saw a union rep, nor an engineer for that matter, but yet our driving times were used. Total crock.

Lady Carrier

I believe that section is referring to maintaining your case labels...which, where in lays the problem...
Thanks for the info
This is referring to the case labels, and I agree that is where the problem is...things have changed since I started. We were taught to get the right mail, in the right box, on the right day...quality of work, therefore we had the names on the labels. Now it is about quantity and speed, the faster you can get rid of the mail and get back to the office the better you are (I don't agree), take DPS to the street just deliver it regardless of the name.

This is why there is so much more expense at the Call Center for complaints. That goes back to if we get the right mail in the right box there would be no need for all the extra complaints.
So, forwarding and markups are obsolete....?
They are not obsolete, just used when a customer gives the mail back because it is not theirs, or when carriers get enough knowledge in their head about the route and have seen enough mail returned to realize they need to MU. AND of course us "oldies but goodies" use the MU system too.