• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Markup credit

They won't.

Markups are calculated at 25.4 seconds per bundle. Each bundle is 680 mail pieces, rounded up.

So if your route received 2000 mailpieces, regardless of the number of markups:

2000 / 680 = 2.94 --> round up to 3
3 * 25.4 = 76.2 seconds for the day

See here for a calculator

The unsavvy carrier will handle all markups at their case, in the morning, for free, while they case DPS, for free.
The savvy carrier will handle markups as paid actual time, during End of Shift Duties: dispose of undeliverable ordinary mail.
I'll handle it the quickest way to get me home...js

Disappointing
But my understanding was that previously the bundles referred to different categories not quantities. Like - UTF, ANK, VAC, you mark the top piece throw a rubber band around it and deposit said "bundle" into appropriate slot. Currently I am required to mark up each individual piece of political bologna for transparency and it all gets dumped into one bin. Sounds like bologna to me.
And....we have to walk it halfway across the floor to the bins at the supervisor desk

In previous counts we were only paid by Bundle on most “Markups“. If you need to mark each one, do it during End Of Shift Duties to get credit. We will be getting VERY little credit for Markups in RRECS (3 Markups per 2000 pcs of volume).
There is no Grievance, BTW. I wish Carriers would deliver properly but discipline is on mgmt & we cannot grieve poor delivery with discipline as a remedy. Mgmt only instructs delivery by address & that’s what most subs do. I let them know when I find too many mistakes. Block off Vacancies in CBUs so as to make it obvious. If it’s Curbside, tape the box shut or use a tiewrap if possible.
We have not been required to mark each one in many years so doing so is on us. I do this myself & for the same reason you do but I use 1 letter instead of the Abbreviation when on the street to save time.
The PO has never been able hold you to a evaluation time. It fluctuates from day to day, week to week, month to month, etc. That’s where 2080/2240 issues come into play. We are also paid during Christmas OT Period for all hours over the Eval. JS
I do know that they cannot hold us to an evaluation, strictly speaking.....however, my job during mail count is to see that I am paid for the job that I do.....and that includes cleaning up the mess. I am going to launch the very logical argument that it is not at all efficient to keep getting your markups back over and over. My boxes are marked at the case and on the street, to no avail.....they are still loaded with undeliverable mail, mail that should be at another address and forwardable mail, etc. I do see this as mgt's problem and not the fault of the RCAs.

All of this gets sorted, either forwarded, disposed of or endorsed including bring back mail at end of shift duties. I will pull nothing from my DPS prior to leaving for the route.....NOTHING.

I do know that they cannot hold us to an evaluation, strictly speaking.....however, my job during mail count is to see that I am paid for the job that I do.....and that includes cleaning up the mess. I am going to launch the very logical argument that it is not at all efficient to keep getting your markups back over and over. My boxes are marked at the case and on the street, to no avail.....they are still loaded with undeliverable mail, mail that should be at another address and forwardable mail, etc. I do see this as mgt's problem and not the fault of the RCAs.

All of this gets sorted, either forwarded, disposed of or endorsed including bring back mail at end of shift duties. I will pull nothing from my DPS prior to leaving for the route.....NOTHING.
Any mail pulled from DPS gets counted during the Mail Survey regardless of AM or PM. Just take it for a ride if pulled in the AM so that dealing with it is captured in EOS duties.
Every time I have to work after a sub, I have to ”route clean-up” checking delivered parcels for correct delivery along with those boxes that I know recently moved in/out & check the UBBM tub for what they threw out. Mgmt pays me 8127 time every time but I do let the sub know what was found also.

I work in a tiny office. From the location of my case to my car is less than 15 feet. Not kidding.

After 10 years of working efficiently, it boggles my mind how I now have to change to being inefficient to be paid.

I don't know that I'm doing anything inefficiently now, I'm just doing things at a different point of the day. For example, instead of taking a moment here or there as I deliver the route to keep empty equipment (tubs, trays) precisely organized in my vehicle, all those moments that were split up throughout the delivery day are now all "clumped" together after I RETURN2DU.

I'm certainly taking more time to make sure my LLV is in good order during LOADVEH instead of putting parcels in general order and organizing more precisely as I move through the deliveries. This has certainly made me much more efficient during the actual delivery.

The only thing that I would say is less efficient is that I'm handling some mail twice--since I case DPS most days, I pull everything that doesn't belong out and it goes into a tub for me to deal with after RETURN2DU.

Even though I've struggled to get to 15 minutes of EOS time most days, I kind of like how RRECS has forced me to stay after RETURN2DU and organize myself for the next day (pull down and set up holds for the next day, update forwards, etc.) which is all stuff I used to put off until the morning because I wanted to get done for the day.

Am I alone in thinking that RRECS has made me more organized and focused and, yes, efficient?

Back