• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Metris Damaged. No replacement vehicle coming.

PandaSharks

While running my route I did some damage to my metris (up until February of this year my route was POV}. Hidden rocks and soft sand caused under carriage damage. The vehicle is still drivable but will be going in for repairs in the 2k range. Someone in safety decided that this was an accident and not wear and tear so as a result my route will not be getting a replacement LLV. There's also talk about disciplinary action coming my way.

As luck would have it another carrier is going 204b for a few months so I'll use their metris and the RCA that will run that route will use their POV. The PM at my office is the rare unicorn that really does care about his carriers and helps us in any way he can so he has been trying to fight this.

If I get disciplined I'll certainly grieve it but what if I didn't have this other metris to use. I no longer have a route ready POV so does that mean that I would be unable to work and earn money until my van is repaired and sent back. I would have thought that since the USPS decided my route no longer needed a POV they would provide a vehicle as necessary. Was I wrong in thinking that? Should have I kept my POV and incur the cost to insure it even though it would sit in my garage most of the time? Aside from angering me this really confused that crap out of me.

Nope to all that. Once usps assigns a vehicle to your route, they are responsible for providing a vehicle everyday. You should not be using another's routes vehicle. Let them rent you a vehicle. Never offer to provide your own delivery vehicle again...ever. They are cheating you on dps standards. Let them figure out the delivery. You are paid your evaluation regardless of whether the mail is delivered or not. Your mgmt can drive you in their vehicle.

BTW, any waiting time for a vehicle is now O time to be logged towards an 8 hr paid day off.
My fine gov rides have provided me up to 11 O days a year. Much better than using annual to fix a pov.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that I should rent a vehicle. I said no. I'm not paying money to work. I don't understand whey they're being such asshats and refusing to provide an LLV. FFS, I'm not asking for another metris, just something to deliver in. My van is being taken in for repairs next week, hopefully by then this will be sorted out. HA! (not holding breath)

Someone mentioned that I should rent a vehicle. I said no. I'm not paying money to work. I don't understand whey they're being such asshats and refusing to provide an LLV. FFS, I'm not asking for another metris, just something to deliver in. My van is being taken in for repairs next week, hopefully by then this will be sorted out. HA! (not holding breath)
PO 603

Attachments

• B27EDB86-3A88-4A44-922E-9D86AD2C3997.png
    B27EDB86-3A88-4A44-922E-9D86AD2C3997.png
    961.4 KB · Views: 20
The real discussion should be possible discipline.

Are you driving the Metris now pending repairs? Did you do the online refresher? Did you get training on the Metris?

I’m guessing yes, no, and maybe. The combination makes an unsafe driver severe discipline unlikely or unsustainable. Fight everything more than an official discussion.

There has to be a vmf somewhere with a vehicle sitting. It is like f’ing casing equipment (and not those damned plastic dividers or fixed shelves shenanigans; steel and 5 shelves for the win, baby).

If there isn’t they aught to be getting both quickly because we are only gaining addresses even as we loose density in terms of pieces per address. We will need more vehicles and more casing equipment and more floor space, because that’s what the physics demand.
I'm sure somewhere in this district here has to be an LLV sitting somewhere.

The real discussion should be possible discipline.

Are you driving the Metris now pending repairs? Did you do the online refresher? Did you get training on the Metris?

I’m guessing yes, no, and maybe. The combination makes an unsafe driver severe discipline unlikely or unsustainable. Fight everything more than an official discussion.
Yep, I'll be back on the metris tomorrow. No online refresher and yes to metris training. I'll definitely fight any discipline that may come down the pike.

Cool.....Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed that it says nothing about them having to provide a backup vehicle only that a carrier is not required to provide their own vehicle. I guess that's their out for providing a backup vehicle.
Absolutely you are not required to have a back up vehicle if your route has been assigned a government vehicle. I’m hearing more and more about people using their own vehicle because management clueless about the statements I’m hoping everyone will start to stand up for their rights and gain “O” Time

Someone mentioned that I should rent a vehicle. I said no.
???????? I love when I can say, " do your job and manage. " above our pay grade to save their bacon over their stupid decisions. I usually wander off saying, " I'll be pondering that on O time. How long do you want me to Ponder so as I can fix your problem?"

BTW, the local rca's drive 50+ mph down my gravel road. Not much paint left on those panels

PandaSharks -- "While running my route I did some damage to my metris (up until February of this year my route was POV}. Hidden rocks and soft sand caused under carriage damage. The vehicle is still drivable but will be going in for repairs in the 2k range. Someone in safety decided that this was an accident and not wear and tear so as a result my route will not be getting a replacement LLV. There's also talk about disciplinary action coming my way."

-- Okay -- if there was an "accident", it should have occurred some point along your route. Invite that "someone" to please inspect the route and determine where it occurred.

-- You could point out that with damage in the 2K range, could be some of the roads on your route are not safe to travel.

-- Could this be a "I told you so!" moment?

-- Manglement can ask you to provide a personal / rental vehicle, but you DO NOT HAVE TO. Section 141.4 of the PO-603 if manglement gets pushy. There is a Step 4 that says the same thing.

Sounds like poorly maintained county road issue to me.

My POV currently needs $900 worth of ball joint replacement due to the same issue. This stuff is going to be the death of rural mail delivery. I can't keep this up much l

Ooooof....man, those expenses are always like a punch in the gut.

Back