• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Misdelivered packages

At one time, I was told that DMS could detect parcels scanned delivered at the wrong location... apparently an under used capability....

If someone is gonna get tagged with a "failure", it should be the peep who scanned at the wrong address.... js.... ?:oops::unsure:

If you scan an already scan package it comes up as a failure since it sounds like we all deal with misdelivered packages I also have been trying to figure an appropriate scan to show that it is at the correct address. I am going to try that prepaid scan and see what happens.
Would the same parcel getting TWO acceptance scans, days and miles apart, not likely also be a "failure"??? :unsure:

If you scan an already scan package it comes up as a failure since it sounds like we all deal with misdelivered packages I also have been trying to figure an appropriate scan to show that it is at the correct address. I am going to try that prepaid scan and see what happens.
I'm not sure this is true... There are lots of scenarios where you need to scan a package twice or multiply times.

Last edited:
If miss delivered, I scan refused. Then out for re delivery. Then delivered.

If clerks scanned delivered. I scan out for re delivery.

Deer Head. Yep DEER HEAD, put it on the porch the thing was huge and inside a box...…..went about my business go about 5 miles away realize I had no package for house no 47! Oops I have two 47's ..............Back I go to the porch hoping to retrieve huge box. They had opened it, it was a deer head sent from a taxidermist, $500 value...… pulled out my Box tape, ( you keep that with you don't you?) taped it back up nice and neat and to the correct porch it goes...……..never to be heard from again...……….
Nope, I don’t keep anything that the post office has not given me access to. I do keep those old school arrived damaged stickers just in case. Now those come in handy especially in this situation, or when you misjudged the weight ontop of the bottom parcel.

borkna -- " Why the hell do they have to make the address on the parcel so tiny and hard to read!? "

-- The smaller the font, the less ink is used - hence the more addresses can be printed.

Many times if the correct address is later in the route, I just deliver it that same day.... if it's earlier in the route, I take it back to the PO, then deliver the next day.... I've been scanning them delivered, but no other scans.... nobody has said anything to me about it so far.... :unsure:

Would the same parcel getting TWO acceptance scans, days and miles apart, not likely also be a "failure"??? :unsure:

I guess I was not clear that if you pick up a package the next day from sub(from the previous day), the reason why PM doesn't want me to scan it delivered again is that the package would show up as failure so she says, I have asked well what about package showing at the correct address when I deliver it, doesn't matter just don't scan it delivered. :cautious:

If you scan an already scan package it comes up as a failure since it sounds like we all deal with misdelivered packages I also have been trying to figure an appropriate scan to show that it is at the correct address. I am going to try that prepaid scan and see what
It is my understanding u can scan it at as many houses as u need to delivered the last scan overrides all others BUT if u let the office close out and scan a package after the close out from previous day it will show a failure EVEN

Travelingmailman -- " Lane, drive, ct, st, ave...I've recently had to pay for a parcel to save face, I offered."

-- Was it "suggested" by manglement that you pay for the parcel -- or face discipline?

-- Amazon has / has a pretty generous replacement policy.

Back