• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

More scanner madness

Altoonaflyer

PM walks over to me yesterday with papers in his hand and says District needs an answer as to why I was stopped at this position for 17 minutes...google street view map photo provided lol...I say took a lunch break there...but you only wrote 10 min...yes, but I also transfer mail and parcels around there too, another 7 min...I do this in same spot every day.
So the takeaway, 15 min is the point that they send a report demanding answers to the PM...computers are watching us folks!
Also told by friendly clerk we are having the no u-turn safety talk this morning..only 3pt turns. Trying to figure how to do one of those without backing? Was also shown a report on all routes that detailed “abnormal” acceleration, deceleration etc. Interestingly enough, I did not see a speeding column.
Guess I’d better start packing my lunch in that foil cooler bag:))

its never ending. i run the route the same way every day, like all of us do. Some days i have excessive backing, some days i dont, in the same place that ive done the same thing every day for 3 months. One place i get excessive acceleration..its a very steep hill. Again some days yes, some days no. Same thing with deceleration. Its just a nightmare.

We’re being watched in more ways than we realize. We started to lunch yesterday and i-phone pops up directions to restaurant we go to frequently (2 miles away). I have never asked Waze or giggle how to get there???

Interesting for me: I back up EVERY day, multiple times a day, and some of the driveways are a couple blocks. I have never been "dinged" for backing, yet both of the other routes have multiple issues weekly. Couple times a week I ask my PM if anything has shown up from district about my backing. And every time its: Nope, nothing.

Google street view? What nonsense!

Google street view is a historical cache of past, like long ago, instantaneous photos as a car drove through a neighborhood.

this isn’t “enemy of the state” and they do Not have super high resolution spy satellites to take Live Photo’s of any carrier at all times. Ffs
I think that maybe it was just management showing a pic of the address, not the carrier sitting there eating or whatever.

Google updates the pic of my house ever year. One day they'll make the picture in time to show me flipping them off.

there is google earth live, which can show satellite images, as they happen, but it must be a day without clouds to work. i've watched my wife pull into our driveway, as it happened. makes me think that maybe i should wear swimming trunks, as i float around the pool...

Now that everyone knows what the Google earth van looks like many people drive ahaed of it and stage some very strange scenarios. From murders to space aliens and everything in between.
A carrier in my office asked and received permission to stop on his route and watch his daughter's soccer game, on a light day. The district nanny scanners sent an email showing the school parking lot WITH A PICTURE OF AN LLV TOP IN IT, asking "Why was it parked there for over 1/2 an hour?" The carrier said that was NOT him, his LLV was parked in a different direction. PM explained and all was well.

Google street view? What nonsense!

Google street view is a historical cache of past, like long ago, instantaneous photos as a car drove through a neighborhood.

this isn’t “enemy of the state” and they do Not have super high resolution spy satellites to take Live Photo’s of any carrier at all times. Ffs
I know...sometimes I think they believe it will show me there hahaha!! But they would sure love that capability, track your dog food in real time for only $49.95 / month

@Altoonaflyer you're just now getting this?

I got piles of settlements to the point that no one says a thing to me.

I won't say it's easy or that you won't get targeted. But the payoff is bliss. And if I'm a good boy. My 2 14 day suspensions will be gone by March. Totally worth it. 10/10 would do it all over again lol.
PM never says much to me, I run route the same way for the past 30 years...back up every day. He wasn’t too concerned, just wanted something to send his boss I guess. Not gonna stress over it, it’ll be a new flavor next month?

Back