• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Mou 10

ruralcarrierk

If a regular reverts back to a RCA, do they go back on a hiring list? How will a reinstatement date as a RCA occur if that’s the case? I was told your current station can hold you for 30 days? Someone explain the process please

You have posted a lot of questions regarding giving up your regular carrier job, why are you considering this idea.
Is it for a move to a new location, or is it to get away from a toxic environment?
If it is the latter, maybe you have other options including the 204B position (supervisor training program)

ruralcarrierk -- "If a regular reverts back to a RCA, do they go back on a hiring list? "

-- Disclaimer: no experience in this area, just going by MOU #10.

-- Ground Rules:

- there must be an RCA vacancy must exist in the post office you want to relocate
- regular carrier must submit a written request for appointment as an RCA to the installation head at the new post office and provide a copy to the installation head at the current post office
- the gaining post office has the final say on acceptance
- if accepted, the gaining office installation head or designee sets the effective date of appointment as an RCA
- the regular carrier must resign at least 6 days prior to the effective date
- following the six-day break in service, the individual will be appointed as an RCA in the new installation
- seniority in the new office begins with the effective date of the appointment

-- based on the above, no hiring list is involved ( just that an RCA vacancy is at the gaining office )

-- the gaining post office installation head sets the RCA appointment date

-- no mention of an up to 30-day hold in MOU #10

-- Step 4 ( P-115 ) mentions a transfer requested by an RCA will be effective within 30 days of the notification to the losing office. Which would be a different situation -- You are a Regular carrier requesting to relocate and becoming an RCA

-- as the accepting office sets the appointment date, the losing office would have to let you go to be at the gaining office on the appropriate date

-- anyone??

I've seen this happen before, what pm would not want a "seasoned" Rca in their office? If you are bent on moving to an area and can't find a regular to trade, this is an option. You should look for an office with high growth, half dead or dying regulars, and low Rca to regular ratio. Where I've seen this happen the RCA that was a regular is set to go regular again after 3 years.

You have posted a lot of questions regarding giving up your regular carrier job, why are you considering this idea.
Is it for a move to a new location, or is it to get away from a toxic environment?
If it is the latter, maybe you have other options including the 204B position (supervisor training program)

“I didn’t bid correctly at my previous station as a RCA. It was a district bid I submitted mistakenly. I took the job as regular because my PO told me I’d have to go back on a hiring list if I didn’t want the job as a regular.

I've seen this happen before, what pm would not want a "seasoned" Rca in their office? If you are bent on moving to an area and can't find a regular to trade, this is an option. You should look for an office with high growth, half dead or dying regulars, and low Rca to regular ratio. Where I've seen this happen the RCA that was a regular is set to go regular again after 3 years.

It would probably take me 3 years to get a mutual transfer where I’m at. 1 lady quite a year after trying to get out and another one has been trying for 2 years.

It would probably take me 3 years to get a mutual transfer where I’m at. 1 lady quite a year after trying to get out and another one has been trying for 2 years.
Still unclear, is it just the office that is the problem or are you trying to relocate to a different state for example.
If it is just a toxic office try to get in the 204B program, We need supervisors who know the delivery craft.
If you are relocating to another State, for example, consider the CCA position if you still want a Postal Job, you will be career again faster that way.

Back